• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disney just called;error in their system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving people compensation (fast passes, dinner reservations, etc.) impacts more people... like all the other people at the parks. I don't think they go this route...

I don't think the resort is FULLY booked (like Christmas week booked). I think they have locked out ALL rooms from the online system until they get the situation fixed.

My opinion FWIW is that I will be royally POed if they try to move me out of Pop when I arrive next week. As I stated earlier, I know for a fact that many Pop rooms have recently been completely redone. Can't say the same for any All-Stars rooms. It's an inferior product IMO and I am not going to accept it without some compensation.

We are staying at AKL and BWI this trip. All of our ADRs and half marathon activities are based on this. I would be very upset at getting bumped.

But she wasn't bumped from a deluxe to a value.

Then again, as long as I wasn't paying for more then I was getting, you know I still would be saying that. I guess I am alone in that, but yeah I still would.

No you're not the only one that would say that I'm sure I would too. I don't think it would "ruin" my vacation. We get there on the 16th. I'm hoping they don't bump us from CBR to make room for the people getting moved from POP and insisting an on an upgrade, but if they did and moved me to another Moderate resort, I'd get over it, even though I want to try this resort. I'm sure I'd find a way to make it a positive. If they bumped me to a Value, well I've stayed at them and loved them too so I'd be ok, but I'd want to only pay for the Value so I'd want a partial refund. Everyone makes mistakes, myself included.

Situation rant:. . .OMG, I paid for a cruise on Royal Carribean, but they are overbooked and now the only cruise I can get that they are willing to pay for is on Carnival for my same dates. I HATE Carnival. . .It will ruin my trip. . .

This is a possible scenario as their disclosures are almost identical to Disney's. Do I expect it to happen? No. Has it ever happened? Yes, once that I know and that was when an episode of ARDS broke out on the previous cruise.

I think I've read all these posts, and haven't seen this answered...but has anyone reported when these folks get moved to the deluxe resorts & deluxe villas, do they get the regular dining plan instead of QSDP? Would kind of be a nightmare to have a no-reservations monkey wrench thrown into your plans a few days before arrival (not to mention no tip-money in the budget if you had planned on all QSDP:confused3)

Anyone know if they just keep the QSDP?

I think I've read all these posts, and haven't seen this answered...but has anyone reported when these folks get moved to the deluxe resorts & deluxe villas, do they get the regular dining plan instead of QSDP? Would kind of be a nightmare to have a no-reservations monkey wrench thrown into your plans a few days before arrival (not to mention no tip-money in the budget if you had planned on all QSDP:confused3)

Anyone know if they just keep the QSDP?

Pretty sure I read it was upgraded. I think that the reason for changes to another Value has to do with the dining plan. Maybe the 400 overbooking had to do with when WDW transfers rooms for other travel companies to sell like travelocity etc. Who knows. Just my thoughts.

May I also say that I feel for those of you who have had changes made. I happen to like the All Stars, but I understand how heartbreaking it can be to have your plans changed at the last minute. I hope that your vacations all turn out well in the end and that you don't melt in the mid-day sun.

Shame on those whose plans have not been changed for judging and name-calling.

I agree. The judging on here is ridiculous.

My opinion FWIW is that I will be royally POed if they try to move me out of Pop when I arrive next week. As I stated earlier, I know for a fact that many Pop rooms have recently been completely redone. Can't say the same for any All-Stars rooms. It's an inferior product IMO and I am not going to accept it without some compensation.

Yes,many but NOT ALL the rooms at Pop are finished, so indeed some guests will get an "old" room at Pop complete with dirty carpet and uncomfortable beds. I wouldn't have taken the chance to book there prior to the entire resort being completed. ASMovies was the most recently renovated, before that was ASSports and before that ASMusic. We much prefer ASMusic to Pop- new comfy beds vs. the miserable saggy ones, family activities such as poolside movies, bingo, hoola-hoop contests, games, etc. The rooms there are gorgeous and we stayed there a month ago- there is nothing inferior about the rooms.---Kathy

I'm joining this conversation a bit late, but here's my take on the whole thing...sorry if my point has already been made. I read through the first 5 pages, then the convo was just a buncha repeated opinions, so I skipped to the end.

We were booked at POP until I get a phone call a couple days ago. Both parties traveling with me were upgraded to the Contemporary. I'm sure Disney's choice to upgrade us to CR had everything to do with the dining plan. Since we're traveling during free dining, we opted to upgrade to deluxe dining & paid the difference. I bet anyone else who had a dining plan other than the free one got resort upgrades. It just doesn't make sense to send a someone with a QS plan to a resort with TS restaurants.

When I asked why we were being upgraded, the reply the CM gave me insinuated that it was just some Disney magic. She never once made it sound like there was a computer glitch. I hope the OP gets her situation taken care of, but I'll bet my ride on EE that it has everything to do with DDP choice.

why are you comparing a public system to a private one. they can't compare at all. While operated only on WDW-owned property and by Walt Disney World, it absolutely IS public transportation, subject to the same laws and rules as any public transit system - and so it's entirely reasonable to compare it to any public bus system.

secondly most of the bus drivers - especially when the parks are closed - check (or should check) their buses before they leave the resort to go where they are next assigned.

been on SSR and OKW a couple of times at closing - and there were some guests do did not where they were staying. some even argued with the bus driver - but at both places because DVC go often enough that they generally know the place - were there to help.

in the old days before Disney new system. the bus driver when leaving the parks (remember all the parks are closed only DD is open) -would ask where everyone was going. If only one or two stops that is all he would make.

this system to me is much better, everyone is tired at night - and the sooner you get back to your room the better for everyone. to have the bus driver follow this silly rule even when everything is closed. Is silly.

now the opposite happens to us - once the bus driver after only stopings at 2 stops before she decided to leave. when I said something - 2 other people were telling me to be quiet. Guess they did not want to be at my resort and got on the wrong bus. she did turn around the bus and went back to SSR and finished delivering SSR guest before going to where ever these guest wanted to go.

just last month, the bus driver asked if anyone was going to BB. no one was, so we skipped it.

Truly, this whole discussion needs to move out of this thread and over to the Transportation board. Dropping it here, now. Happy to continue over there if you want to start a new thread.

Maybe they would let you hava a suite at the All Star Music. I know this is not your first choice. But the suites have two bathrooms and a microwave and fridge in the kitchen. That is the only reason I would move. Pop is your first choice and they did gurantee your reservation. Mistake or not.
Hope you get a nice upgrade for your troubles. princess:

jlk806 said:
I believe that they did the "bait and switch". I dont care what anyone says, I dont believe that even if it was an error, it didnt take them this long to figure it out, they waited until everything was paid in full, airfare was booked, people have the time off of work and are packing to tell them. Why?
Again: (a) this is not bait & switch - that's a consumer scam, and that's NOT something Walt Disney World does; nobody EVER claims 'bait & switch' when Disney upgrades Guests to a higher level resort or when they sidegrade from one Deluxe to another (see: AKL construction) - so it's at the very least disingenuous to try to do that now; (b) several posters have very reasonably suggested that Walt Disney World waited until five days prior to arrival because room-only Guests have until then to cancel and get their deposits back. This would provide the company with a true room availability count and let them know how many Guests actually need to be moved. Why move 500 when you only need to move 400?

I'm guessing that the discovery of the overbooking was discovered so close to the travel dates because Disney Resorts do not get the reservations into their system from reservations until 2 weeks before check in date.

While 5 days prior to arrival is late to let someone know that there is an issue, I assume it would take a bit of time for Disney to work out a plan of action and see what availability is there to accommodate all those "extra" reservations.

I'm happy that the OP was able to get into a resort that was acceptable to her and her family...I too do not care for the All Stars that much.

Ok, I thought I would summarize:
Carly Chloe -, in another thread posted on 8/7 that Disney called and upgraded her from POP to CR for her Pop stay starting 8/19 - she did not have a DP
From this thread:
Ang offered All Stars, but after explaining that someone was joining the military was upgraded to SSR and her QSDP was upgraded to regular DP
I_love_stitch refused to move from Pop to Allstars and was told they had 100 others to move. Is on the road and won't know till they arrive 8/16
Cheryly Offered another value and was told she could be bumped to any resort of their choice or none @ all
GoMegGo DH got the call and ok'd move to ASMusic. She tried to undo the change w/out luck and was told they had overbooked by 400 rooms
Keikerr21 Made reservation months ago and said no to Allstars was told might be moved on arrival
lotferg both parties traveling w/ him/her were moved to CR. Believes they were upgraded because they had upped their QSDP to DXDP when they booked

Thank you so much.!! I did not expect a debate on this. Things happen all the time.

Disney call me back. I told them I didn't want all stars resorts because of all the kids(the tour groups and bussing)( We stayed at pop last year and pop is a mixture of couples and families.) Then they said when we check in they will let me know where I was gong. I said, That is not fair to me. I would like to know now. I also, said, I am willing to move but to all stars. The castmember was very nice and so was I. I did explain my situation why we are going. So, 20 minutes later, they called me back and they are moving me Saratogo Springs Resort in a studio. I thanked her over and over. She was extemely nice and understood my situation.

Saratoga Spings is a huge resort and I don't care for that. But I am very thankful for Disney trying to make me happy. So now, I am trying to learn everything about this resort.lol

How great that it worked out for you! We've stayed at SSR twice and I have to say the CMs there are fantastic- among the very best we've met. Have a wonderful time and thank your husband for his service!

Ok, I thought I would summarize:
Carly Chloe -, in another thread posted on 8/7 that Disney called and upgraded her from POP to CR for her Pop stay starting 8/19 - she did not have a DP
From this thread:
Ang offered All Stars, but after explaining that someone was joining the military was upgraded to SSR and her QSDP was upgraded to regular DP
I_love_stitch refused to move from Pop to Allstars and was told they had 100 others to move. Is on the road and won't know till they arrive 8/16
Cheryly Offered another value and was told she could be bumped to any resort of their choice or none @ all
GoMegGo DH got the call and ok'd move to ASMusic. She tried to undo the change w/out luck and was told they had overbooked by 400 rooms
Keikerr21 Made reservation months ago and said no to Allstars was told might be moved on arrival
lotferg both parties traveling w/ him/her were moved to CR. Believes they were upgraded because they had upped their QSDP to DXDP when they booked

Hey thanks for putting that together. The thread was so long it was hard to keep track of who had done what.

We leave tonight for a Saturday check in for 6 nights. Booked at POP in February, paid off in April, paid to upgrade to regular DDP. Haven't gotten any calls and the online check in 2 days ago said everything is cool, so will just have to wait and see when we get there on Saturday.

I don't really have any opinion to voice on this thread whether Disney "owes" people they are moving something or not. I think it would be in Disney's best interest to do something, but it's their bottom line not mine. I guess if we get caught up in it, we will deal with whatever is presented, or just move if need be. Either way, after a year of planning, I get to take my family to the World, so it's all good in Carl's book.
:cool1::banana::yay:

Situation rant:. . .OMG, I paid for a cruise on Royal Carribean, but they are overbooked and now the only cruise I can get that they are willing to pay for is on Carnival for my same dates. I HATE Carnival. . .It will ruin my trip. . .

This is a possible scenario as their disclosures are almost identical to Disney's. Do I expect it to happen? No. Has it ever happened? Yes, once that I know and that was when an episode of ARDS broke out on the previous cruise.

It is the same, except to make it match up you would have to be being moved from one Royal Carribean ship to another Royal Carribean ship.

Disney is moving guests from Value resort to Value resort. And don't forget the Music and Sports have both had their rooms redone in the last couple of years. So it isn't like they are moving people to some dive. I have stayed at both and they were really great resorts and the rooms looked very nice. They are not at all inferior to the Pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter