Disney is just not the same anymore!!!

But if FP+ were easy, they wouldn't be required to hold you hand through the whole process.

They shouldn't have to, but they do anyway. So there's really no reason, based on difficulty, not to use the kiosk.

Of course if one cannot figure out how to insert a card and pull out a paper tab, one will have difficulty with many things. I don't think the lack of ability to navigate thru a simple process at the kiosks is a good argument against fp+.

But if FP+ were easy, they wouldn't be required to hold you hand through the whole process.

There is no argument to back that fast pass plus is easier. You need internet and computer skills for the new system. The legacy way you simply put a ticket in a machine and got a slip of paper out. No comparison! No preplannig no glitches, no waiting at guest relations.

They shouldn't have to, but they do anyway. So there's really no reason, based on difficulty, not to use the kiosk.

Of course if one cannot figure out how to insert a card and pull out a paper tab, one will have difficulty with many things. I don't think the lack of ability to navigate thru a simple process at the kiosks is a good argument against fp+.
Agreed, not an argument against FP+. I just don't think an argument can be made for FP+ being easy to use. Also, there are a lot of guests who don't do any research prior to arriving, so they need a lot of help.

Agreed, not an argument against FP+. I just don't think an argument can be made for FP+ being easy to use. Also, there are a lot of guests who don't do any research prior to arriving, so they need a lot of help.

I think logical arguments could be made that FP+ is easy to use, though I personally don't agree.

I don't think that logical arguments could be made that FP+ is easier to use than Legacy. I have termed that argument in the past as beyond ridiculous and absurd.

I cannot imagine how FP+ as a whole system can be thought of as easier to use than Legacy was.

Well for me, it doesn't require me or another family member to rush to a ride with everyone's tickets to acquire a FP anymore. We didn't mind--but not having to do that is easier. And plus--I was stuck with whatever time they gave me. If Splash was handing out 12:00-1:00 and I had an ADR at CRT at noon, well--I wasted that rushing and separation from my group for nothing unless I choose to longer long enough for the times to advance far enough to make if practical. With FP+, there is the ability to change/choose time. I'm not locked into one time nor having to wait until those FPs are dispersed for the options to move along later in the day.

So sure--there are parts of FP+ that makes it easier than before. Maybe not all of it, but the begin able to have choices aspect without having to go all over the park is definitely easier than before.

I don't think that logical arguments could be made that FP+ is easier to use than Legacy. I have termed that argument in the past as beyond ridiculous and absurd.

:thumbsup2 To argue otherwise would be crazy!

There is no argument to back that fast pass plus is easier. You need internet and computer skills for the new system. The legacy way you simply put a ticket in a machine and got a slip of paper out. No comparison! No preplannig no glitches, no waiting at guest relations.

Legacy was so easy, and you could do one land and then move onto the next. No running back and forth to get another FP. Now you have go find another kiosk to get your 4th, 5th FP and wait in line. I'm not happy with FP+ and think it's awful compared to the legacy system but I love Disney so much that I booked another trip (bounceback) with free dining.

Legacy was so easy, and you could do one land and then move onto the next. No running back and forth to get another FP. Now you have go find another kiosk to get your 4th, 5th FP and wait in line. I'm not happy with FP+ and think it's awful compared took the legacy system but I love Disney so much that I booked another trip (bounceback) with free dining.

I agree, hope you enjoy your trip and have no glitches!:)

Well for me, it doesn't require me or another family member to rush to a ride with everyone's tickets to acquire a FP anymore. We didn't mind--but not having to do that is easier. And plus--I was stuck with whatever time they gave me. If Splash was handing out 12:00-1:00 and I had an ADR at CRT at noon, well--I wasted that rushing and separation from my group for nothing unless I choose to longer long enough for the times to advance far enough to make if practical. With FP+, there is the ability to change/choose time. I'm not locked into one time nor having to wait until those FPs are dispersed for the options to move along later in the day.

So sure--there are parts of FP+ that makes it easier than before. Maybe not all of it, but the begin able to have choices aspect without having to go all over the park is definitely easier than before.

My position is about "all of it". There are a few parts of FP+ that, taken in isolation, are easier. Pressing a button to save steps is one.

Other than the fact that you might end up waiting longer at the kiosk than you would have waited for the ride you are scheduling?

Other than the fact that you might end up waiting longer at the kiosk than you would have waited for the ride you are scheduling?

I said based on the difficulty level of figuring out how to use it, not how long it took to get to use it. If the line is shorter than getting the fp, I'd go ahead and ride it because it's a fairly short line.

I haven't seen any reports recently of long waits at the kiosks, btw.

We're talking using at the kiosk and yes, a first timer might feel better with some hand holding thru the process, but they don't need it every single time they use it. Once ought to be enough to figure it out.

I said based on the difficulty level of figuring out how to use it, not how long it took to get to use it. If the line is shorter than getting the fp, I'd go ahead and ride it because it's a fairly short line.

I haven't seen any reports recently of long waits at the kiosks, btw.

2 weeks ago, during mid-week, the kiosk lines at DHS next to ToT were backed out into the street. We went by the kiosk multiple times and did not see it get any better throughout the afternoon.

We're talking using at the kiosk and yes, a first timer might feel better with some hand holding thru the process, but they don't need it every single time they use it. Once ought to be enough to figure it out.

Agreed once should be enough, but when I was there I was chatting with the people ahead of me and they seemed to have a lot of experience with FP+. However, once it was their turn at the Kiosk they required a lot of help! So for some guests, FP+ will always require a lot of additional help.

Physically FP+ may be easier because you don't have to criss cross the parks, but mentally Legacy was easier.

Really? You haven't met my husband have you? He can barely navigate the tablet that he's had for 2 years.

2 weeks ago, during mid-week, the kiosk lines at DHS next to ToT were backed out into the street. We went by the kiosk multiple times and did not see it get any better throughout the afternoon.

Odd, we were there less than a month ago and were at TOT quite bit- never saw a long line at the kiosk. Luckily, there's more than 1 kiosk in each park.

I'm sure there are anecdotal stories of long lines- we encountered a terribly long line at MK due to POC being down and CM's directing them to the nearest kiosk- By the time we saw the line and rode our ride, the line was back down to just a few people.

Agreed once should be enough, but when I was there I was chatting with the people ahead of me and they seemed to have a lot of experience with FP+. However, once it was their turn at the Kiosk they required a lot of help! So for some guests, FP+ will always require a lot of additional help.

Physically FP+ may be easier because you don't have to criss cross the parks, but mentally Legacy was easier.

Of course it was easier- you stuck in your pass, pulled out a paper ticket. Still, people ought to be able to figure it out. It's just not difficult.

Really? You haven't met my husband have you? He can barely navigate the tablet that he's had for 2 years.

Then he's obviously not the one to send to the kiosk.

It takes time to decipher an unfamiliar interface even if you physically see it in the glaring FL sun, meanwhile the line grows like Pinocchio's nose. You know the motivational speaker. FP+ has potential...

Of course it was easier- you stuck in your pass, pulled out a paper ticket. Still, people ought to be able to figure it out. It's just not difficult.

Nothing complicated about FP+ at all. First, select the ride you DON'T want to ride at a time you DON'T want to ride it for the number of people NOT in your party. Then change the experience to the ride you DO want to ride, but still at the time you DON'T want to ride it and copy overlapping times for the various members of your party. Finally change to the time you DO want to ride. Now go back to step one for the next attractions and repeat. :rotfl2:

It's a piece of cake! ;) :lmao:

So easy a caveman can do it (no offense, laketravis)! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter