Disney Intentionality

EMHDad

DIS Veteran
In your experiences, how have you seen Disney world show intentionality in the WDR? How did that make your experience better? How would you compare DWR to other entertainment centers/amusement parks? What would you say is the role that intentionality plays in the better experience?

Um...what?

I've read your post 6 or 7 times and I honestly have no idea what you're asking.

Your question makes no sense. And I think I know what you may mean by WDR and DWR but these are not commonly used abbreviations, especially if they mean WDW.

I feel like I did in high school when I got to the essay question at the end of my test and had no idea what the question was!

Oh, okay. Nonstandard abbreviations aside, he's being intentionally vague in order to restart a thread that was closed yesterday because it violated the rules.

Naughty, naughty...

Oh, okay. Nonstandard abbreviations aside, he's being intentionally vague in order to restart a thread that was closed yesterday because it violated the rules.

Naughty, naughty...

ITA. I had to go look but the thread that was closed was started by the same poster and used the word intentionality. Shame on you and I think you even said you didn't want to break rules in the original thread (although I could be wrong about thatvi didn't reread the entire thread).
I hope this thread is closed soon.

Apologies for the wrong abbreviations... it was late, meant the disney world resort complex.

Researching ideas. By intentionality, I am refering to the disney culture. Disney takes the top 6 attendance spots for theme park attendance in the US. There are only 6 disney parks in the US. That is a full sweep. People will compare the six flags parks withe parks like the one in Hershey, Penn., or dollywood, or cederville, etc. However, when talking about Disney, it consistently is seen as head and shoulders above the rest. It is by and far the standard bearer. This is not an accident.

Disney World is where it is at, because of intentional decision making and planning. My question to everyone basically is, where have you seen Disney intentionally go above and beyond general expectations? How did that change the experience for you? How did it make the difference? Disney has a mission statement. Most people do not know it. However, Disney has created such a culture that most could guess what the mission statement is and be pretty darn close. How, in your opinion, are they able to do it.

Basically, what intentional attentions short and long term have made disney the bext vacation place ever?

And, yes, this is a variation of a post from yesterday, but not being naughty. The original post was in relation to the church in general. Did not realize and found out that no religious discussion is allowed. Still, the concepts in the book I read were very interesting. So, I took out all of the religious aspects of the discussion. I dont want this discussion to focus on church or faith in any way. I just want to focus on the Disney culture and life. I am not trying to sidestep the rules in any way. Again, I would just like to talk about the Disney culture. I would assume that the current thread fits in the spirit and theme of the Dis.

Naughty, naughty...

ITA. I had to go look but the thread that was closed was started by the same poster and used the word intentionality. Shame on you and I think you even said you didn't want to break rules in the original thread (although I could be wrong about thatvi didn't reread the entire thread).
I hope this thread is closed soon.

Normally I would agree with both of you but, in this case, I think the OP HAS taken the DISboards rules into consideration in this not-really-reposting. His ultimate purpose for asking is not referenced in this post. I think the OP really, really just wants opinions.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the question means. "Intentionality" at WDW? What exactly are you asking? What does that mean? :confused3

Taking a stab - Disney intends :laughing: to have you give them your money.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the question means. "Intentionality" at WDW? What exactly are you asking? What does that mean? :confused3

:lmao:
Me either, I'm going to blame my lack of understand on the fact that today is really 'monday' at work and my brain doesn't really start working till after lunch.

I dont know about "intentionailty" either...
But I agree with some of the responses you got on the other post...about how the CMs treat guests is how people SHOULD treat other people "IRL"

I will be thinking about that on my next trip. I know when I am at WDW, I am a better person than IRL...I am kinder, more generous, ect with strangers and my own family too.

Ill give you two examples. In my opinion, the rides at Disney are just ok as rides in general. I am close to six flags great america, and the rides there are a lot better. However, as a whole the disney rides are my absolute favorite. Splash mountain is my fav. ride at MK. Six flags has a splash mountain-esque ride, but I dont even go on it. Why, because it is just a boat that goes up and then down. Splash mountain is a flume ride that takes my family and I into a whole other world of magic. Disney purposely created an experience beyond just an old flume ride, and it makes their average flume ride spectacular.

Another ting I love is that when I go to DIsney, I am not a customer. I am a guest. It may sound small, but just the different use of language seems to make a difference. People feel more welcomed and appreciated. Yes, their go is to get my money. BUt I dont feel that. I feel that their goal is for me to have the best time possible, to hav a magical experience. These were not just happy accidents or something one or two castmembers do. THey are standard practice.

I guess, forget the word 'intentionality'. What actions has disney done purposefully that made disney so much more of a special place than other parks? Where have you seen the planned efforts to go above and beyond pay off in general, or in your personal experiences?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter