Disney Inspired Candles on Etsy

frassieshines

Earning My Ears
Has anyone tried any of them? I was checking out the Anthology ones made in Charleston, SC. I would love to purchase one and wondering if anyone has any recommendations or insight onto whether they really smell like Disney World!

They've been talked about on here before (maybe not same exact seller) but those that have gotten them have said they indeed smell like Disney. Main ones talked about are smells from Soarin

Has anyone tried any of them? I was checking out the Anthology ones made in Charleston, SC. I would love to purchase one and wondering if anyone has any recommendations or insight onto whether they really smell like Disney World!

My DD25 has gotten lots of them from Walter and Rosie candle company on Etsy and she loves them. They smell great and definitely remind of Disney! She was just raving on FB the other day about the one she was lighting that smells like Mickey Waffles!

I have some melting cubes from an etsy seller and they are not good. There smell alright but are not very strong. You can't really smell them beyond the burner

A friend sent me a link to some once but I turned them down becuase they were soy based. In my experience (10 years selling candles) I haven't been happy with the fragrance throw of any soy based candle, be it a wax warmer, a candle, etc.

If they were paraffin wax I'd be all over the smell of walking down Main Street

I have a bunch from Walter & Rosie. I have never tried the Anthology ones though. My favorite scent is the Beach Club from W&R. I love the fresh scent and I really think it smells a lot like the actual Beach Club lobby! I have the wax melts as well, and I think they are very potent. They are starting to open their ETSY shop once a week, so if you can get it an order, I would suggest it! My other favorite scent from them is Jambo and my kids love Carl & Ellie and Main Street Bakery. :)

I also have gotten a couple from Walter & Rosie but a friend at school has gotten some from Anthology. I think they smell pretty good but not exact to the smells of the lobbies or attractions they're named after! The smells are also a little on the weak side but I think that's because they're soy based.

Another Walter & Rosie Fan here. My favorites are the Beach Club scent and Citrus Float!

I wonder what is wrong with the ones I have.
I checked the brand and they are Walter and Rosie. I put in a Soarin' one just to check again and I haven't smelled one thing all afternoon. Maybe I just ordered when they had a poor batch?

I wonder what is wrong with the ones I have.
I checked the brand and they are Walter and Rosie. I put in a Soarin' one just to check again and I haven't smelled one thing all afternoon. Maybe I just ordered when they had a poor batch?
It could have been from the old owner? They switched owners, not too long ago. The new owners have been working on the throw from what I understand.

I was talking to DD25 tonight about Walter and Rosie. She said they have reformulated the candles/scents so their fragrance is more concentrated now, and she likes them even more now than before. It is a couple now who've taken it over the business from the old owners. So, DD25 said to be aware of a couple things if you are trying to place an order. I guess the woman just had a baby, born a little early, and they've unexpectedly had to take a step back a little to take time for the family. So, she said what they are doing is each Friday, they open their Etsy store at 3 p.m. central time, and keep it open till they receive 50 orders. Then they will shut down and will reopen the next Friday. That way they can stay current with orders instead of getting way behind. That's what used to happen with the old owners, it would takes weeks and weeks to get orders. She said these owners are doing a great job, and the candles are better than ever. She also said they are on FB and instagram, others as well, and engaging buyers in what might work better than Fridays, or would an earlier or later time than 3 p.m., for example.

I got my DW 3 different wax melts for a stocking stuffer. If I remember correctly I got her Soarin, Main St. & Dole Whip. I know she likes the Soarin one, I am not sure about the other 2, I don't even think she has tried the Main St. scented cubes yet.

Here is the brand dd got me to surprise me for Christmas. So far we have soarin going in the basement and Spaceship Earth going on main level. It is amazing how close it smells to Rome burning. She also got me Main Street bakery and hitchhiking ghosts. They are all goodimage.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter