Disney Ins. ??

budcollector

DIS Veteran
i added the disney travel ins. to my trip [ april 11-16 ] don't know why , i never get it. but anyways, if i do have to cancel will something like this be covered ? and would they cover the airfare if you got it yourself , SW don't do refunds except for the miles and if i don't use the tix within a year i lose the $.
thanks

Would be very surprised if the parks are open by April 11. So you might not even have to use your insurance.

if you bought the airfare on your own then no, Disney will not cover that. You can call them to verify. Our Southwest trip for the end of the month we moved to September with no change fee.

i added the disney travel ins. to my trip [ april 11-16 ] don't know why , i never get it. but anyways, if i do have to cancel will something like this be covered ? and would they cover the airfare if you got it yourself , SW don't do refunds except for the miles and if i don't use the tix within a year i lose the $.
thanks

Unless you or another covered family member is sick or fall under one of the other covered reasons in the insurance, no, corona virus/pandemics are not covered. On a bright note, WDW has eliminated all package change/cancellation fees for reservations up until June 30 as long as you cancel up until the day before you check-in.

If you modify your package dates, they will move the insurance to cover those dates.

It was my understanding that your airfare would be covered as long as you cancel for a covered reason, but I could be wrong - I would read your policy to check.

You are correct that SW will convert your refund into travel funds that can be used up to a year .
You can cancel your Disney res with a full refund without having to use trip insurance.
Room only res can always be refunded in full if you cancel 5 or more days before your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter