Disney in September

SKYYCAMEL

Mouseketeer
The wife and I are booked for the second week in September. How are the crowds that time of year?

We went in September 2014 (third week) and the crowds were very low. Like walk on low.

However...I feel crowds have almost doubled in the past 2 years. So while it is certainly a slower time of the year (no big events? Maybe just Epcot wine)

We go every September, the crowds are low, but not as low as they used to be. It is very hot but worth it for the low crowds.

Relatively speaking when it comes to Disney crowd levels, it is one of the best times to go. Everyone is back to school at that time, so the crowd levels are significatly less. However, it is Disney World so there will always be a higher numgber of guests visiting than any other theme park(s) that are out there.

What does RD mean?

RD= rope drop. Sorry about that Skyycamel. Welcome to the Dis!

Oh, and rope drop means arriving at the park prior to its official opening time to be among the first to be admitted. First thing in the morning the lines are much shorter and you can accomplish a lot in the first hour or two of operation.:)

Early September has Labor Day and last year a Jewish holiday. I was there right after Labor Day and it was more crowded then I have expierenecing in the past. We arrive Thursday for a 7 day trip. I think it was just that week and bc of the holidays east coast schools were out until weds. Mid to late sept would be my suggestions.

The wife and I are booked for the second week in September. How are the crowds that time of year?

We went in Sept. 2015 and Labor Day was observed on Monday that week. It was an average sized crowd. More people than I expected to deal with and it was EXTREMEMLY HOT and humid. We went several years ago in September and it was hot but very low crowds. There was however a hurricane in the Atlantic and I think it had big impact on Disney. The hurricane actually skipped Florida and tore up the NC coast! We said, "It followed us home!" If your are going the 11-15 (weekdays) you should have lower crowds. Just be prepared for the heat!

Rain and heat/humdity seem to keep the crowds on the lower side, then add to that school is back in session, crowds are the lowest I've ever seen while at Disney. With that said, after experiencing the heat/humidity of Turks & Caicos we're going back in September and believe I can now deal with anything. LOL

We have gone in September 10 times now. It's great for crowds, second week is the best. Crowds pick up as the month goes on. It's so hot and humid, but for us worth it for lower costs and crowds.

All the other posts are valid. I've been the last two years, two years ago was right after Memorial day, and last year was the week after that.

Crowd wise, you can easily get on rides at less then 20 minutes without a fast past for most rides, then you have your rides that will probably always require a fast pass, if you don't mind getting split up and doing single rider you can usually get on faster. The crowds do swell and go down. Last year there was one time on space mountain the fast pass line was 40 min and the walk on ride was 10. Go figure. But generally if all the rides are up and running there is usually one you will just be able to walk on. No fuss no muss. With the Food and Wine starting earlier it might add a few more people to Epcot and also same with Pandora, but until the MNSSHP dates released we wont really know. I would still get your FP done in the morning and keep scheduling, but the walk ons shouldn't be that long.

The weather isn't that bad. Hot but not a melt the pavement hot, just enough to keep you in shorts and tee shirts and a nice small sheen of sweat, but not buckets. Just wear breathable clothes and you should be fine. The water rides will still be nice. Rain does happen but in the past two years have only seen it really pour one time. The pool is still busy and a nice break in the day. It could feel a little hot if your from north, but I'm in AZ so its a nice break, but the humidity does remind me of my younger days in Oregon. The humidity makes you feel the heat, but a nice breeze is a welcome thing.

Food lines are pretty good. Only one place we actually had to wait, and BOG still had reservations available. That should tell you something.

We went in September 2014 (third week) and the crowds were very low. Like walk on low.

However...I feel crowds have almost doubled in the past 2 years. So while it is certainly a slower time of the year (no big events? Maybe just Epcot wine)

MNSSHP begins in early September. F&W is on at that time, too.

We've gone in September every year for the last 13 years. Every year is more crowded than the last. We've gone almost every week except the week after Labor Day. We go at this time for the free dining and book bounceback every year. Every year they start Food & Wine and the Halloween party earlier than the year before. This year Food & Wine starts in August and the party right after labor day. We also went the second week of December last year and expected really low crowds and it was mobbed. One night Mine Train wait was 140 minutes. I don't think there is any slow time in Disney anymore just more crowded times. The second week won't be slow but won't be mobbed either. Like someone said make use of rope drop and hit the big rides then as the lines won't be any shorter after 11 and plan your FP for the more popular rides.

I live in the Memphis area. I'm not scared of a little humidity. :-) All of your replies have been very helpful. Thank you!

We went second week in Sept 2015. It was very hot and rained every day but crowds were tolerable. The rain was actually a welcome from the heat. We are going same time this year. It's just a great time to go for us.

We went to MK at rope drop and were able to do all the FAntasyland rides within just a couple hours!

I am wondering this year with Fand W starting early how it will affect crowds.

We're going the second week in September as well; the only other trip we've made was in January 2014 when the weather was nice (albeit inconsistent; one day we'd be in layers, the next we'd be in shorts), the lines were short (we never waited longer than 20 minutes...almost everything was a walk-on, apart from the usual suspects that we just used FP+ on), and we sometimes didn't see another person in sight (which led to us basically having a private M&G with characters from the mini dance party that took place in Frontierland...the name escapes me at the moment).

With the impending opening of Pandora, the only thing I'm terribly concerned about is the crowd level (we're both used to hot and humid, so that's no problem: water, water, and more water). As my friend and I are both 20-somethings, lines 30 minutes and under are considered fantastic, while lines 30 minutes to an hour are still considered doable.

I suppose my point is...someone reassure me that we're gonna have an awesome time and there's absolutely nothing to worry about :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter