Disney hype videos for young and nervous first timers

feesh

Earning My Ears
So my family and I are going to Disney next month and while three of us are very eager, my 3 year old doesn't know much about Disney apart from Mickey Mouse and winnie the pooh (whom he loves). I know there are alot of general disney promotion videos but does anyone know of good videos to show a young child to give him an idea of what to expect to help be excited for it?

He's also generally scared of mascots and can be a bit nervous of things and I think by giving him an idea ahead of time and talking about it that it may help.

Any tips are appreaciated

Get the Disney planning video and check out character interaction videos on YouTube.

iThemePark has some nice park walk-through videos.

I would also suggest showing him some movies or reading some books with Disney characters so he recognizes them when you are at the parks. Kids are excited to see what's familiar to them. I would try to acquaint him with the characters from Little Mermaid, Toy Story, Beauty and the Beast, Finding Nemo if you are going to Epcot, Peter Pan, Dumbo, and Mickey's gang (Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Pluto). Of course there are more but that's an excellent start. This way he will recognize them and be excited to see them and go on the rides they are in. Have a great trip!

We went last year with a 2,4, and 6 year old. Before planning out our days we got on YouTube and showed them the ride\encounter videos. The POV ride through videos helped us convince the oldest one to try out Mine Train. The video of the Town Square talking Mickey helped us normalize that he talks and blinks and generally wants to interact with you. They love Mickey, but sometimes that can be strange. Other than that it also helped us figure out which ones they were most interested in for FastPass and Parades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter