Disney Hang Over!

WhispyPixie

Forever A Princess
Anyone else struggle with a Disney Hang Over??

You know..that moment that you return home from a fantastic trip to the parks and your simply to tired to even unpack your bags, hoping they will unpack themselves and yet wishing you could go back and do it all over again. Yeap....riding that struggle bus right now! :drive:

Every trip I suffer with the Disney Hang Over, but mine is more along the lines of being Disney'd out. I've usually had my fill of Disney so much so that it takes me a while to even look at pictures. Doesn't last too many days though and I'm back in the saddle looking to plan another trip.

Ugh I hate the unpacking part also because as I'm putting away my Disney wardrobe I know it will probably be another year before I'm wearing those tshirts again.

Every trip I suffer with the Disney Hang Over, but mine is more along the lines of being Disney'd out. I've usually had my fill of Disney so much so that it takes me a while to even look at pictures. Doesn't last too many days though and I'm back in the saddle looking to plan another trip.

Ugh I hate the unpacking part also because as I'm putting away my Disney wardrobe I know it will probably be another year before I'm wearing those tshirts again.
I don't think I ever get Disney'ed out, but my feet need a one day break..lol I feel you about another trip...DH is ready to start planning the next!

I cannot say that I do. I love my family and our lives together. Disney vacations are just one more part of the journey. I personally do not understand the people who get depressed when their Disney vacation is over. And that is all I will say about that.

But, I will say this...... within a week of being home, once the laundry is done, souvenirs are put away, the travel toiletry bottles are cleaned out and I am back into my routine, I start listening to theme park music and I am ready to plan another trip. We go in December each year, so I mark the calendar with the date I can login to the DVC website and book my next vacation. Between the time of booking and the actual trip, I work on my pin displays from the previous trip. :)

Get you some APs. Nothing like a little "hair of the dog" to do away with a Disney hangover

I usually come home from trips exhausted, but I simply CAN'T leave my bags packed. I must unpack them, put everything back where it goes, start the laundry, etc. It will bother me so much not to. I might crash out after all that. I usually travel pretty light though so it's not too bad to get it all sorted.

Sure I do, absolutely. I am very fortunate now that we moved to GA almost 3 years ago. Prior to that, we lived in PA and could only go every 2-3 years. So when we walked out, I knew we wouldn't be back for a long time. That was very sad. For about a month, I would look at my calendar and think "One week ago, we were in MK". It's hard not to do that. Sure, my life at home is great...have a great job, wonderful DW and 3 wonderful kids, but a day at WDW beats a day of work, etc...anytime. So yeah, it was a lot of wishing I could turn back the clock.

Now that we live where we do, we have been able to buy an AP, and will be doing it again in a few months (we let it lapse for one year). When we walk out of WDW, it's definitely easier because I know we'll be back in a relatively short time. When we walked out last July 4th and I knew that was our last trip for a year, it was a little sad, but not quite so bad.

So I consider myself very fortunate. If it's a trip you can only make once in a while, I very much understand and remember those hang overs very well.

I cannot say that I do. I love my family and our lives together. Disney vacations are just one more part of the journey. I personally do not understand the people who get depressed when their Disney vacation is over. And that is all I will say about that.

But, I will say this...... within a week of being home, once the laundry is done, souvenirs are put away, the travel toiletry bottles are cleaned out and I am back into my routine, I start listening to theme park music and I am ready to plan another trip. We go in December each year, so I mark the calendar with the date I can login to the DVC website and book my next vacation. Between the time of booking and the actual trip, I work on my pin displays from the previous trip. :)

No depression here either. The part of my family that can't go on vacation are my fur and feathered children. After 10 days away from them, I miss them terribly and can't wait to see them

Since about 2005 the last day of our yearly WDW trips have left us with the feeling, 'We've had our fill'. Of course we'd stay longer if somebody gave us a resort room and my employer gave me the time but no depression for us. We stay for at least 8 park days, 9 this Nov. and we time our return so that we roll into our house with daylight remaining the day we fly home.

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter