Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...so I can CONFIRM that you can buy gift cards with gift cards in PA!!!!
After reading the posts I flew to my nearest BB. Said they had Disney in stock online but unfortunately they were out! However since I wanted to try it out (and need gas for my trips and don’t want to get stuck with the $600 worth I have..lol) I successfully purchased Exxon and Shell cards. Girl didn’t even flinch when I checked out. I only did 2 transactions with the SB codes because I wasn’t sure what would happen. When I asked about why there were no Disney they said some lady keeps coming in and wiping them out! I’m contemplating driving to the next nearest that shows in stock which would be an hour away...
I still have $450 in BB cards to use up

I read on another site that it might be variable load cards that aren't working, but cards with pre-established denominations are working. Those of you who are successful vs. unsuccessful, can you confirm?

I was trying to buy 4 $25 fixed amount cards when I was turned down today.

I am feeling a little better about the information that it might just be the variable load cards that are excluded. That might be what the "some third party gift cards" clause is referring to in the terms and conditions on their website. As long as I can still buy the $25, $50 and $100 cards, I will be perfectly fine.

I won't be able to get to the store until Thursday to find out what the status is at my Best Buy store. I have never had any issues at all in the two years I have been shopping there so I'm hoping everything is status quo.

Uh oh, of course picked up a $25 BB gift card at Kroger last week. I'm in Havenese's area so maybe I'll stop by mine tomorrow night and see if I can get a gift card.

I have another local Best Buy I can try tomorrow but I Hate being treated like I’m doing something wrong. It’s worth a try though. I’ll let you all know what happens tomorrow.
Can you give us your location? It helps to know where it's not working, just in case it is a local/regional issue.
Hopefully, it was just that particular store...good luck tomorrow!

Can you give us your location? It helps to know where it's not working, just in case it is a local/regional issue.
Hopefully, it was just that particular store...good luck tomorrow!

I’m in Mansfield TX a suburb of Dallas/Fort Worth. I’m going to try in Arlington tomorrow.

I found out something odd at Best Buy the other day myself (Taylor, MI). I was trying to buy a $310 variable load card Sunday. She could not even start the process when keying in $310 for the amount. After trying a second card she went and asked someone and they told her there was a new policy that no more than $200 could be placed on any one gift card. So we tried one for $200 and the other for $110 and sure enough it worked. I was able to use my gift cards to pay too.

Kinda scared about these new no GC to GC reports though.

Worked for me in NY. Had to buy $50 cards. No variable load available. Though from a previous experience I learned Best Buy will only put $200 on a card.

Last edited:
Just struck out in Beaverton, OR... Was told they instituted a new policy yesterday of no gift card purchases with B.B. gift cards (tried to buy a $50 fixed amount Disney gift card).

Will try one other location tonight. Worried I may be stuck with $300 in B.B. gift cards now!!!

Ok...so I can CONFIRM that you can buy gift cards with gift cards in PA!!!!
After reading the posts I flew to my nearest BB. Said they had Disney in stock online but unfortunately they were out! However since I wanted to try it out (and need gas for my trips and don’t want to get stuck with the $600 worth I have..lol) I successfully purchased Exxon and Shell cards. Girl didn’t even flinch when I checked out. I only did 2 transactions with the SB codes because I wasn’t sure what would happen. When I asked about why there were no Disney they said some lady keeps coming in and wiping them out! I’m contemplating driving to the next nearest that shows in stock which would be an hour away...
I still have $450 in BB cards to use up

Where is pa? I have 75 dollars I’d like to convert asap-I near philly, can go to Plymouth meeting, Kop or Springfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter