Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to decide if I should attempt all $1800 of Target to Disney in one transaction, or to do multiple transactions so as not to raise eyebrows. Any thoughts?

I'm trying to decide if I should attempt all $1800 of Target to Disney in one transaction, or to do multiple transactions so as not to raise eyebrows. Any thoughts?
I would split it up. I like to keep my increments to $300. I got through 2 transactions at the self checkout and then the lady started to look at me so less is more on this. I did grab all the $100 gc I would need though because there were hardly any left and will just bring them with me for my next conversion.

I did grab all the $100 gc I would need though because there were hardly any left and will just bring them with me for my next conversion.

Such a great idea! Thanks!

EDIT: Okay, in retrospect, probably not a good idea

Last edited:
I would split it up. I like to keep my increments to $300. I got through 2 transactions at the self checkout and then the lady started to look at me so less is more on this. I did grab all the $100 gc I would need though because there were hardly any left and will just bring them with me for my next conversion.
You took Disney $100 gift cards from the store that you didn't activate?

I would definitely split it up into smaller transactions FOR SURE. Not raising red flags might influence if this great ability continues. It certainly can't hurt.

Converted $600 from target to Disney no problem at the self check out kiosk.
Wow. Never knew you could ever do gift cards through a self check out line at any store. Good to know and certainly will try with these Target to Disney cards.

You do realize this is theft, right?

Not that I am condoning this, but I don't know whether you can call this theft. The store does not pay for the actual gift card, they get those for free. They only pay the company usually around 90% of the value after the card is activated.

In fact, what charge could you bring against the person - stealing something that has no value?

This is my question too. How do we use these tickets beyond Dec?

As I said before, some people have been able to add the tickets to their Disney account, but it is risky in opinion to do that. The terms of Orbitz clearly state you have to pick up the tickets at will call within the stated time frame.

Not that I am condoning this, but I don't know whether you can call this theft. The store does not pay for the actual gift card, they get those for free. They only pay the company usually around 90% of the value after the card is activated.

In fact, what charge could you bring against the person - stealing something that has no value?

I'm aware, and their cost is usually closer to 95% of the retail price. I'm not saying Target Asset Protection will hunt you down for this, but it absolutely is unlawful removal of Target's property. You also can't walk into a Target store and start taking down signs and merchandise displays, even though they "have no value" in a merchandise sense.

I imagine that the company would not agree that there is no value to them for those cards. If nothing else, they are losing the opportunity to actually sell them to someone else.

Yep, as would InComm, the vendor who produces these at a cost in order to collect their own markup upon sale.

Converted $500 Target-Disney at the register today without issue. They only had $50s in-stock though, so I will be scratching and typing for a bit!

Went with my bf to Target and we converted $450 to Disney gift cards at two different registers today. No problem. One transaction had fillers, one didn't. The only problem was that they said we couldn't use self-checkout due to recent fraud problems with gift cards. I'm in OR, YMMV.

Went with my bf to Target and we converted $450 to Disney gift cards at two different registers today. No problem. One transaction had fillers, one didn't. The only problem was that they said we couldn't use self-checkout due to recent fraud problems with gift cards. I'm in OR, YMMV.

Interesting. I'm in OR too and used self checkout a number of times without a problem including yesterday, but as you said YMMV. I did notice a sign on a stand at self checkout stating that you can't purchase alcohol at self check. While making my purchase I noticed the back of the sign said no alcohol or gift cards. Odd that they would have two different signs.

I bought $1200 worth of Disney cards at Target today using self serve (I'm in NJ). I had an issue initially because I kept scanning the code on the cardboard card enclosure instead of the code on the card itself. The Target associate came over and helped me out without batting an eye even though I had a stack of 12 $100 cards sitting there. I did $300 at a time. I already bought three of the five 8 day tickets I'll need for my trip next year. I'll be using the Discover 5% discount next quarter for another $1500 dollars worth of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter