Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out about it on this thread, but here is more information: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/purch...eyond-get-25-visa-prepaid-via-rebate-limit-2/

I bought 2 pre-paid Visa gift cards at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday for $413.90 which includes the $6.95 activation fee. I will get 1% back from my credit card that I connected to ebates via the ebates app. I may or may not get 4% back from ebates but it was worth a try. I am currently filling out the online rebate form. I will receive two $25 Visa Gift Cards in the form of a rebate from Bed Bath and Beyond which comes out to be about a 9% discount after the activation fee. I'll use my $400 in Visa Gift Cards at my local HyVee Grocery store to buy $400 worth of Target gift cards (and get 80-cents off my next fuel fill up).

I just finished an online chat with the rebate center and a UPC is not necessary because there is none on the card. ETA: I copied the chat with a program called "snipping tool" before it went away and I included a jpeg of that chat as my UPC proof of purchase.

I did a similar rebate through Staples a couple months ago and went & sent in photos of the codes on the back of the card. Evidently some employee at the rebate center went off & purchases a bunch of stuff with the too much information I included. Now I'm disputing the charges & hopefully getting a refund in 2-3 weeks. Don't be like me.

I did a similar rebate through Staples a couple months ago and went & sent in photos of the codes on the back of the card. Evidently some employee at the rebate center went off & purchases a bunch of stuff with the too much information I included. Now I'm disputing the charges & hopefully getting a refund in 2-3 weeks. Don't be like me.

Ouch - I hope you get that resolved soon.

I have done a BB&B rebate like this before and I think there is a UPC code inside the gift card packaging - you have to search for it with the paper insert, but I'm pretty sure I did manage to find a UPC code somewhere in the packaging.

Saw this on a deal site I follow:

target-gift-cards.jpg

I can't read a time, but then again, it's hard to read lol

That's good to know about the 10 Central time start. I leave LAX at midnight (2 AM) on a 12 hour flight to Shanghai. I should have wifi onboard (probably shouldn't use free wifi buying Target gift cards online but, as it's a credit card, I will have protection against someone else using it), so I can start buying 8 hours into flight. If the offer runs the rest of the day, I can also buy the cards online while in Shanghai (assuming that the Chinese government doesn't block access to the Target website).

So, Target still isn't listing the time that the gift cards are going on sale on the 4th. It must be a top secret that is told on a need to know basis. Hopefully, that means by at least Saturday. At least, there is still a chance that I can go online at midnight, Central, to purchase the gift cards.

I don't know why they can't just give a time. At least I've instructed DF on how to buy with Target gift cards, but it'd be easier if we could just go together and each do a transaction. I have to work on Sunday.

Going today to Kroger get prepared for Sunday's 10% Target sale.
I have $140 in Target and $50 in Amex left over from birthday.

Going to start at Target to combine my $140 into one gc at the register to make sure it works.

Then at Kroger with my blue cash preferred for 6% back Purchasing both the $25 and $100 Amex without fee on 4x. Also my Kroger has a variable load without fee on 4x I will do for $270.

I will go back and over next couple days exchange those Amex for equal amounts Target. I find Amex does fine if I buy $25 gc with a $25 gc. I also hand them my regular AMEX and ID. This will double my fuel points on about $645.

I'll purchase one more $300 for multiple gift cards we need for presents.

I'll go to target Saturday and have all my cards combined into 3 $270 cards to make transactions easier and use self checkout. I'd like to do more but putting that many eggs into one basket is slightly scary.

Is the limit for Target gift cards $300?

It is, but nothing really stops you from going through the checkout more than once. Last year DH and I both purchased and easily got $600. We also ordered another $600 online for a total of $1200.

This year we don't have an upcoming Disney trip, so we will probably limit ourselves to $300 or $600 to put towards our DVC dues. Easy way to save 10%.

It is, but nothing really stops you from going through the checkout more than once. Last year DH and I both purchased and easily got $600. We also ordered another $600 online for a total of $1200.

This year we don't have an upcoming Disney trip, so we will probably limit ourselves to $300 or $600 to put towards our DVC dues. Easy way to save 10%.

No, I am fairly positive they don't. They are home decor and furnishings

Thanks for the response. I went and checked are you are correct, the only gift cards they sell are their own. I thought it was a possibility considering the amount of unrelated stores that do carry 3rd party cards like Lowe's. On that note, just this morning I noticed that Amex has an offer for a $10 statement credit for a $50 purchase at Lowe's. Not a large amount but still a quick 20% off and I'm pretty sure Lowe's carries Disney gift cards. Added it to all 3 of my cards.

Thanks for the response. I went and checked are you are correct, the only gift cards they sell are their own. I thought it was a possibility considering the amount of unrelated stores that do carry 3rd party cards like Lowe's. On that note, just this morning I noticed that Amex has an offer for a $10 statement credit for a $50 purchase at Lowe's. Not a large amount but still a quick 20% off and I'm pretty sure Lowe's carries Disney gift cards. Added it to all 3 of my cards.

Thanks! Got the Lowe's offer on mine and my wife's card.

I also noticed my wife got a spend $25 get $5 credit offer for Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts, and I know they sell third-party GCs. I didn't get the Jo-Ann offer on my card, so it seems targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter