Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me some thoughts on this? I know the daily deals are limited in how many you can buy per person. I purchased 5 of the $100 BB today on my eBay account. DH bought 2 today on his account, but used my PayPal by mistake. We did that once a few months ago and got a warning because it looked like I was trying to get around the limits. So does this mean I could be getting into trouble? Are the limits per person or per household? Does anyone have any experience with this?

First, thank you for alerting us that your BB's ebay cards may have issues. It's something the rest of us should watch for at our stores.

It's hard to say what a typical return is, because the one constant thing about using gcs to buy gcs is that YMMV: "Your Mileage May Vary". The same way you didn't get the promotion today (probably because you weren't signed up for ebay bucks), you could get several promotions in a row, and then none for a month (my situation).

For the new norm, that will be hard to quantify also, because without going through ebay, people are looking at different ways to get the most benefit from purchasing or earning Disney gift cards.
- Some go to grocery stores that offer gas points (Kroger is popular, because they are having a special with 4X the dollar value for all gift cards you buy).
- Some have credit cards with rewards, and they check to see where they will have the most points each month.
- Some are going to warehouse stores like Costco or Sams route, where they sell Disney Gift Cards at about 5% off, if you buy in packs of 3.
- Some go to Target and buy cards at 5% off with their Target credit card. (There may be other stores where you can do this. Lowe's?)
Everybody does what works best for them, based on what stores are near them, budget, what their needs are, etc.

As for the risk people were referring to, one of the sellers on ebay, PayPal Digital Gifts (PPDG), has a bad habit of shutting down Paypal accounts of people who try to buy gift cards with ebay gift cards in their ebay store. They have a very sensitive verification system that can get triggered, and no one knows how. If they ask you to verify your account more than twice, you could be in their crosshairs. They are the vendor for BB cards in ebay, so people are looking at other cards to buy during the promotion to avoid compromising their accounts.

Thanks for the details! Does anyone know if TRU/BRU allows gc2gc? I get the impression from here that walgreens allows it and that people buy the ebay cards to increase the ebay bucks, yes? I'm also curious about lowes. my understanding is that they won't allow gc2gc purchases, but does anyone know if the 10% discounts (for military or for new customers) applies to gc purchases? I think i read on here that the coupon worked for someone?

I know someone on here speculated yesterday that BB might be phasing out Ebay since they couldn't find many in their area. We are finding the same thing around here. One store confirmed that they stopped selling Ebay and Amazon, but they did not know if all BBs would eventually.

i know one of the local stores to where i am now (traveling) said that they won't carry amazon bc they're competitors, but that the ebay was a temp glitch that they're working on (so it was implied, at least).

Good news! Those are a good option for me to buy during an eBay bucks promo with cash (when Gc->Gc is not allowed, of course). Better than most of the other discounts I can get anymore.

It says 10K sold. On the $100 bonus one it says 9649 sold, with 311 in the last hour. Looks like those will be gone soon too.

i have to share my first churn attempt lol ... so, i went online, confirmed that there were still cards, got excited bc it was already at 98% sold. went to topcash to get to raise to get 2% and ordered $200 for 193 after the raise $2 discount and a $5 new member promo. great. went back to iconsumer to order through ebay ... and they were sold out! *sigh* ... so now i have this ebay card and all i can do is laugh. hopefully something will come up. fingers crossed because i don't want to hold onto it at all! any ideas?

@CinderBelleDVC , I am not sure if BRU/TRU allows GC to GC purchases. They did years ago but I think it was highly YMMV and I've not read any recent reports of anyone churning through them. Lowes does not allow GC to GC at all.

Well, that stinks that BB is sold out. I thought maybe you could use it on regular BB cards (without the bonus $$) but those are sold out too! Walgreens would be an option. Most people seem to have success with them. I've had no problem going through them but you do have to pay shipping on the cards. Earning 10% ebucks would cover the shipping and still net you a profit.

Can anyone give me some thoughts on this? I know the daily deals are limited in how many you can buy per person. I purchased 5 of the $100 BB today on my eBay account. DH bought 2 today on his account, but used my PayPal by mistake. We did that once a few months ago and got a warning because it looked like I was trying to get around the limits. So does this mean I could be getting into trouble? Are the limits per person or per household? Does anyone have any experience with this?

The limits are per household. I got a warning letter myself earlier this year when I took a little extra advantage of a PPDG deal on Sears cards. Normally I order mine from my work computer and my wife's from her home computer (separate PayPal accts) to make things hard to link up on the other end, but I made the mistake of ordering everything from my home computer one time & got flagged by the system. The only 2 things that were linkable in my situation were mailing address and IP address - ebay account and PayPal were totally different.

That is to say, there's a decent chance they'll give you some grief about it. Exactly what they'll do, I can't say - I haven't crossed that line again & intend not to.

Went to my 4th Best Buy that was completely out of ebay GCs. I'm officially out of the churning game.

I'm sorry :( My BB still had plenty of variable load today and gobs of $50 ebay cards. So weird how it varies so much.

SO...I have $500 in ebay GC's I got today from BB. I would love to continue churning over the next "almost' month in whatever capacity I can...slow and steady is fine...BUT I am worried ebay will start enforcing the new GC rule. I would love to know what others are doing. Are you cashing out to Disney, or another store? Are you willing to risk the ebay limits not being enforced and buying more BB or Walgreens to continue churning?

SO...I have $500 in ebay GC's I got today from BB. I would love to continue churning over the next "almost' month in whatever capacity I can...slow and steady is fine...BUT I am worried ebay will start enforcing the new GC rule. I would love to know what others are doing. Are you cashing out to Disney, or another store? Are you willing to risk the ebay limits not being enforced and buying more BB or Walgreens to continue churning?

I decided after two churns to go ahead and spend the eBay gift cards on "stuff" - bought some xmas presents, sheets, Lowes gift card. I too was concerned we might hit a brick wall when/if eBay enforces the new gc rule. Decided to play it safe.

I decided after two churns to go ahead and spend the eBay gift cards on "stuff" - bought some xmas presents, sheets, Lowes gift card. I too was concerned we might hit a brick wall when/if eBay enforces the new gc rule. Decided to play it safe.

I think this is my leaning also. I can use Lowes as we are renovating an older home. I am afraid if I hang in the churning game, I will be left with $500 in eBay. Not that I couldn't spend it eventually but the $500 in Lowes would be so helpful right now.

Same here, I haven't bought a second eBay card yet because it won't even let me get to the payment screen. The fixed it the first time, now they're telling to wait 24 hours, oh well
They told me to wait 24 hours as well and I told them I couldn't. I ended up talking with 3 people and finally got it to work. The 1st 2 people told me to wait, the 3rd was able to help. Just over a hour on the phone!!!

@CinderBelleDVC , I am not sure if BRU/TRU allows GC to GC purchases. They did years ago but I think it was highly YMMV and I've not read any recent reports of anyone churning through them. Lowes does not allow GC to GC at all.

Well, that stinks that BB is sold out. I thought maybe you could use it on regular BB cards (without the bonus $$) but those are sold out too! Walgreens would be an option. Most people seem to have success with them. I've had no problem going through them but you do have to pay shipping on the cards. Earning 10% ebucks would cover the shipping and still net you a profit.

i went to my local bru & tru and was told by both that they don't do gc2gc. bb selling out JUST as i purchased the ebay gc is sad, so it's just funny now :P walgreens aren't too close, so i called and was told that neither does gc2gc. you referenced shipping - is this something that they do online, but not in stores??? on a semi-plus side, i WAS told by a local gamestop that they WILL accept gc2gc and i noticed that they have ebay reloadable, however, i'm on the fence about trusting the employee - a gamer kid - as i'm not really sure he KNOWS, especially because he referenced being able to do it online. i was thinking like bb, which allows you to purchase other gcs online, but nope ... the only online gc that could be purchased was one for gamestop, so i'm thinking about maybe trying a $25 one, since i may have to purchase something there anyway, so that can be my backup. anyone know for sure?

Went to my 4th Best Buy that was completely out of ebay GCs. I'm officially out of the churning game.

i also went in person to one of the local bbs and was told that they DO accept gc2gc, as expected, but that they will no longer carry the ebays - that they're not planning on restocking *sigh* ... so, that's that ...

i DO wonder, thanks to a previous post, if it's possible to get one from a different store (i saw them at bru) and have another store, like bb load them ... ?? morality aside, anyone know?? i mean, they're 'worthless' until purchased and loaded, so i think the wonder is natural.

are bb and walgreens the only churning stores? what about kohls, marshals, target, grocery store, gas stations, anywhere else?? i realize ymmv, but have others been successful anywhere else?

i am also worried about the ebay gc2gc thing, so i used almost half of the one i purchased earlier on 22% off AMC gift cards. fingers crossed those go well. i'm so new to all of this, but there is an element of excitement i'm having a hard time passing up. :)

i went to my local bru & tru and was told by both that they don't do gc2gc. bb selling out JUST as i purchased the ebay gc is sad, so it's just funny now :P walgreens aren't too close, so i called and was told that neither does gc2gc. you referenced shipping - is this something that they do online, but not in stores??? on a semi-plus side, i WAS told by a local gamestop that they WILL accept gc2gc and i noticed that they have ebay reloadable, however, i'm on the fence about trusting the employee - a gamer kid - as i'm not really sure he KNOWS, especially because he referenced being able to do it online. i was thinking like bb, which allows you to purchase other gcs online, but nope ... the only online gc that could be purchased was one for gamestop, so i'm thinking about maybe trying a $25 one, since i may have to purchase something there anyway, so that can be my backup. anyone know for sure?

Walgreens does allow GC to GC purchases. However, occasionally, someone gets an erratic store clerk who does not allow. There is a shipping fee on the Walgreens GC's when purchasing from ebay. The 10% ebucks more than covers it. Gamestop apparently put a policy into place back in July that they quit allowing GC to GC for ebay and gas station GC's. BUT my aunt was in her Houston metro area store a couple of weeks ago and they said they still allow it. If you decide to try, start small!

are bb and walgreens the only churning stores? what about kohls, marshals, target, grocery store, gas stations, anywhere else?? i realize ymmv, but have others been successful anywhere else?

i am also worried about the ebay gc2gc thing, so i used almost half of the one i purchased earlier on 22% off AMC gift cards. fingers crossed those go well. i'm so new to all of this, but there is an element of excitement i'm having a hard time passing up. :)

Kohls- no
Marshalls - no clue
Target - yes, but cannot be bought off eBay other than from individual sellers
Grocery store- Mine (kroger chain), no
gas stations - no clue

.... i WAS told by a local gamestop that they WILL accept gc2gc and i noticed that they have ebay reloadable, however, i'm on the fence about trusting the employee - a gamer kid - as i'm not really sure he KNOWS, especially because he referenced being able to do it online. i was thinking like bb, which allows you to purchase other gcs online, but nope ... the only online gc that could be purchased was one for gamestop, so i'm thinking about maybe trying a $25 one, since i may have to purchase something there anyway, so that can be my backup. anyone know for sure?
:)
Okay, so I would not really put in a lot of stock what the young man said, myself. My experience is that I was having very good luck buying ebay at GS for a few months. Then people started saying they were stopping allowing gc to gc purchasing at some GS's across the country. So during an ebucks promo in July, I called my local store and asked, they already knew who I was anyway, and they said they definitely were doing gc to gc. I bought $1000 in GS gc's. Went to the GS and tried to buy ebay and it wouldn't work so they looked things up, found an email and that day was the first day their system would not allow it , no way to override. No stores in my area(checked 5 stores) could allow purchase of EBay, SW, or Gas cards. Ouch! They weren't expecting that, lol, but of course I wasn't either. I did manage to get that money back, thru selling games back to BB, thru an amazing set of very timely circumstances and a great deal. But, I would proceed with much caution before you put much money into this. Would be interested to hear if it still worked.

So, now have a sad BB story. (sorry this is long). Keeps happening to me, argh! So, last night I was at BB to buy $1225 in Disney gc's. That includes the $225 in promos that I got, too. I have had great luck at BB, and getting loadable gc's for higher amounts. Every time I checked if that was okay, allowed, etc, and she always said of course, why would we limit what you can spend your money on or how much, that's up to you and we don't turn down sales. So I had gotten comfortable. I had bought $1500 in loadable ebay gc's on Wednesday, and another associate said that was the limit now in a day for gc to gc purchase. Thursday night I was going in to get Disney. She could only get 2 $250's to activate, and that took a bit. She seemed confused why. We tried other cards, lower amounts. No more disney gc's would go thru. She tried other and they would activate, but no disney(didn't try ebay that night). She put in an email to corporate and had me come back Friday afternoon. I called ahead so to see, if it was a glitch like we figured. She said come in and we'd talk with her manager and he could help me, she hadn't gotten an email back yet. She said she had told him she'd been helping me with purchases for a long while now and I bought Ebay gc's and Disney gc's with egc's. Well this set off a bell for him. I had given her my rewards Wednesday night because I had recently received rewards and the only purchases I made there this year had been gc's so I thought maybe they were giving me points. I guess I also gave them my number one other time earlier this summer sometime, not sure the exact timing. (Should never have given them my number!) So they realized that I was the one that had made about a $1700 purchase of ebay gc's and they said my BB gc's I used had been fraudulent and they had to cover that cost and couldn't do that anymore. It had happened with another person or two as well. They were able to let me get the two $250 disney gc's the night before as a courtesy but couldn't allow anymore cause they couldn't cover the amounts. I asked why they never called, I was pretty upset, he didn't really answer that. I was upset they were thinking I was trying to commit fraud, but he was very nice and seemed to believe me, saying that's why they wanted to see me in person and I seemed to be telling the truth. He asked where I got the gc's and I told him I bought them either with my ebay gc's or my cc, thru paypal(he sorta made a face at that, seeming to note the bad rep). I said I was done with using my ebay gc's and such as I was finishing up getting my trip gc's. (The computer had denied the activating because she put my number in first, and it must have connected to that one other time I put in my number when the sale turned bad! ugh!) But, they couldn't do anymore. I still have $500 and then $225 in promo cards in BB gc's! At least, 225 is the free money so not actually down that amount.

He did say I could use them on items in the store, Xmas gifts, computer, whatever. Just not gc's. I asked if I could exchange that for the disney gc's but no. He said I could buy disney gc's online, that should work and they either mail or in store pick up. Or I could call the 1-888 number and they might help me. He made it seem no gc to gc purchases but not sure that's true. He did allow me to use my BB gc and the rewards pts to do a $35 gc. I asked if this was all stores or only there, he said you could try other stores but didn't know if they'd work. So, another fine mess I'm in. I had no idea and don't now why they never called me before but looks like my must have been drained but not sure why it went thru the sale and they took each card, doesn't make sense that they seemed to work at the time. He didn't know the exact date, but must have been in July.

DD26's fiance is going to go in tomorrow and try to buy like a $100 card here. I am going to go in to another store and try to buy a couple hundred, not giving them my rewards number! If that doesn't work, I guess I'll buy online if that will work. Will probably have DD26 do it so it doesn't connect to my rewards just in case they deny me for that. I mean if worst come to worst, I'll have to use on computer or something. I hate that I may be out the BB part of churning, hoping that I can still purchase, albeit in smaller amounts, at another store, or online. And I'm pretty shocked they had such a huge case of fraud with my cards! Very upsetting! And, it's strange as I've made other purchases since then there as well.

Btw, my swagbucks from purchasese this week are starting to show as pending! Now what can I do with the SB points I got?

So, now have a sad BB story. (sorry this is long). Keeps happening to me, argh! So, last night I was at BB to buy $1225 in Disney gc's. That includes the $225 in promos that I got, too. I have had great luck at BB, and getting loadable gc's for higher amounts. Every time I checked if that was okay, allowed, etc, and she always said of course, why would we limit what you can spend your money on or how much, that's up to you and we don't turn down sales. So I had gotten comfortable. I had bought $1500 in loadable ebay gc's on Wednesday, and another associate said that was the limit now in a day for gc to gc purchase. Thursday night I was going in to get Disney. She could only get 2 $250's to activate, and that took a bit. She seemed confused why. We tried other cards, lower amounts. No more disney gc's would go thru. She tried other and they would activate, but no disney(didn't try ebay that night). She put in an email to corporate and had me come back Friday afternoon. I called ahead so to see, if it was a glitch like we figured. She said come in and we'd talk with her manager and he could help me, she hadn't gotten an email back yet. She said she had told him she'd been helping me with purchases for a long while now and I bought Ebay gc's and Disney gc's with egc's. Well this set off a bell for him. I had given her my rewards Wednesday night because I had recently received rewards and the only purchases I made there this year had been gc's so I thought maybe they were giving me points. I guess I also gave them my number one other time earlier this summer sometime, not sure the exact timing. (Should never have given them my number!) So they realized that I was the one that had made about a $1700 purchase of ebay gc's and they said my BB gc's I used had been fraudulent and they had to cover that cost and couldn't do that anymore. It had happened with another person or two as well. They were able to let me get the two $250 disney gc's the night before as a courtesy but couldn't allow anymore cause they couldn't cover the amounts. I asked why they never called, I was pretty upset, he didn't really answer that. I was upset they were thinking I was trying to commit fraud, but he was very nice and seemed to believe me, saying that's why they wanted to see me in person and I seemed to be telling the truth. He asked where I got the gc's and I told him I bought them either with my ebay gc's or my cc, thru paypal(he sorta made a face at that, seeming to note the bad rep). I said I was done with using my ebay gc's and such as I was finishing up getting my trip gc's. (The computer had denied the activating because she put my number in first, and it must have connected to that one other time I put in my number when the sale turned bad! ugh!) But, they couldn't do anymore. I still have $500 and then $225 in promo cards in BB gc's! At least, 225 is the free money so not actually down that amount.

He did say I could use them on items in the store, Xmas gifts, computer, whatever. Just not gc's. I asked if I could exchange that for the disney gc's but no. He said I could buy disney gc's online, that should work and they either mail or in store pick up. Or I could call the 1-888 number and they might help me. He made it seem no gc to gc purchases but not sure that's true. He did allow me to use my BB gc and the rewards pts to do a $35 gc. I asked if this was all stores or only there, he said you could try other stores but didn't know if they'd work. So, another fine mess I'm in. I had no idea and don't now why they never called me before but looks like my must have been drained but not sure why it went thru the sale and they took each card, doesn't make sense that they seemed to work at the time. He didn't know the exact date, but must have been in July.

DD26's fiance is going to go in tomorrow and try to buy like a $100 card here. I am going to go in to another store and try to buy a couple hundred, not giving them my rewards number! If that doesn't work, I guess I'll buy online if that will work. Will probably have DD26 do it so it doesn't connect to my rewards just in case they deny me for that. I mean if worst come to worst, I'll have to use on computer or something. I hate that I may be out the BB part of churning, hoping that I can still purchase, albeit in smaller amounts, at another store, or online. And I'm pretty shocked they had such a huge case of fraud with my cards! Very upsetting! And, it's strange as I've made other purchases since then there as well.

Btw, my swagbucks from purchasese this week are starting to show as pending! Now what can I do with the SB points I got?

Something about the manager's explanation doesn't seem quite right. If they are worried that your remaining $500 in BB cards might be fraudulent, then why allow you to purchase goods in store? I suspect the large volume you were doing raised flags - esp since they had your rewards account to tie you to the purchases.

I would just go to another store and use them without giving your rewards number.

Something about the manager's explanation doesn't seem quite right. If they are worried that your remaining $500 in BB cards might be fraudulent, then why allow you to purchase goods in store? I suspect the large volume you were doing raised flags - esp since they had your rewards account to tie you to the purchases.

I would just go to another store and use them without giving your rewards number.
I was wondering the same thing. Were any of your ebay cards bought through raise? Otherwise, how could they have been fraudulent? I am sorry you are going through this trouble.
I decided not to jump in this churn. As tempting as it is, I wasn't up for the stress of worrying about cards being drained and rushing to Best Buy. I didn't have any time off and its a 30 minute drive. I was happy just to be able to use my ebay gift cards on other gift cards for now.

[Snip]

I decided not to jump in this churn. As tempting as it is, I wasn't up for the stress of worrying about cards being drained and rushing to Best Buy. I didn't have any time off and its a 30 minute drive. I was happy just to be able to use my ebay gift cards on other gift cards for now.

Yes - for a change, ebay did the right thing after doing the wrong thing. Changing TOS with no warning was very shady and left a lot of customers holding the bag. Opening the window back up at the same time as a 3-day 5x ebay bucks promo, was a nice way to make up for being so sh**** in the first place. I think if you're in the lurch now after ebay gave you a perfectly acceptable (even generous) exit strategy, that's on you.

So thank you ebay.

Now, PPDG on the other hand... :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter