Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all those having issues with PayPal blocking sales to PayPal Digital Gifts - this is nothing new. If you scroll back through this thread for the past 6 months (or longer), you'll find all the issues you've had and then some.

The short version is PayPal's fraud software is overly sensitive and will shut you down if you try to buy too much in too short a time. In my own personal experience, keeping sales to $200 or less at a time helps. Also, not purchasing more than once a day helps, too. This won't fix the problem of PP not letting you buy as much from PPDG as you'd like, but it will help keep you from banging your head on your desk to the point where you have to use your eBay gift cards to buy a new one.

A little bit unrelated but had to share with my Budget friends: I was caller 102 on the radio today for a $100 Disney Gift Card and chance for a trip to Aulani! With my Disney luck lately (Over $2,000 worth of excursions comped from our cruise last month and a $220 gift card sent from DVA that shouldn't have been right after that) I have a feeling I will win the Aulani trip :lmao:
Keep posting here! Maybe your Di$ney luck will spread to the rest of us! ;)

I decided I needed to go one more time! I had to run down and pick something up from Dh at work, Best Buy and Target are only a few minutes away. :-)

I took my $150 and got Ebay gift cards at BB, they didn't have the variable load or I would have just done the entire $165. I ran over to Target and used the $35 I had in GC's from all of the promo's they do and my perk rewards and got another $50 for Ebay there.

I came home and ordered 2 of the $100 + $10 with brand new, just bought today Ebay gift cards,and did get the verification once, not bad!:yay:

I'm puzzling over what 30-day window you're referring to. If you mean what I'm thinking, I don't think this 30-day (or however long it is) "grace period" when eBay is allowing GC>GC again resets your $2k/60 days limit. So yes, I think you'll have to wait for the amounts redeemed in some older transactions to roll off.

Yes, that was the "30-day window" I was referring to. Sorry, wasn't sure what else to call it :o

Thanks for your help on this. This is the first time I've butted up against the $2k/60 days limit and I realized I wasn't sure how it was all calculated.

Hmmm . . . I'm wondering if Ebay cards are on their way out at BB. There were none at my local store. I found one store within a reasonable driving distance that has a few, so I'll head over in the morning.

I am getting the verification screen on PP while trying to check out with one $150 BB card. However, it isn't allowing me to receive a phone call. Only option is a text but when I enter my mobile number, it says it appears that number isn't registered to me. It is listed in my PP account as my mobile number. Are they the most clueless company ever?!?! The frustration with them just overwhelms me!

I am getting the verification screen on PP while trying to check out with one $150 BB card. However, it isn't allowing me to receive a phone call. Only option is a text but when I enter my mobile number, it says it appears that number isn't registered to me. It is listed in my PP account as my mobile number. Are they the most clueless company ever?!?! The frustration with them just overwhelms me!

I decided the BB deal wasn't worth it simply because of Paypal. Such a shame.

Hmmm . . . I'm wondering if Ebay cards are on their way out at BB. There were none at my local store. I found one store within a reasonable driving distance that has a few, so I'll head over in the morning.
I don't think so. My store usually doesn't have a lot, but they usually have some. She said they just get sent some every now and then, they don't know when they are getting them. Sometimes she'll go check the 'yellow bin' they get with gc's. Sometimes they get a few different ones, sometimes a good number of different ones, last time they got all boost cards. She just said it varies how often they get them.

My store had plenty of both the variable load cards and $50's. Maybe there aren't many churners in my area? I always hope not...

Okay, so I had good and bad luck with things today. Last night I got one order to go thru my acct with the new ebay gc's I had just bought earlier, bought $500 in BB, posted about that last night. That left me with $1000 in ebay to use. And, I realized I'd been looking at DD26's last 60 days all wrong, it had $1000 ready as of two weeks ago, lol, I thought I had to wait till Sunday, but hers was the same as mine. Eventually I got $500 BB gc's thru on her card. Then I was trying to get the last $500 thru, using my Paypal acct again. It would get me thru, verifying a few times, to the very end then say that the seller didn't have that many or something else. So I tried again. Had already experienced that with the previous BB gc's but I started over and eventually went thru. Anyway, I decided to finally just get the last $500 in Walgreens gc's. I really wanted the BB ones as they had that great extra promo with it!

But, then I got an email that said they limited my paypal because they noticed unusual activity and to follow the instructions when logging into my account. Logged in and they wanted me to send my ID to verify my identity, that was the only option. Once, months ago they asked for that on the phonebut I didn't have time and when I checked a week later I just had to redo password, but this seemed different. I remembered others here saying to not send, so I was gonna come here tonight to check with others. In the mean time, I went and paid for the WGC's with DD26's paypal acct.

I decided just now while writing this to go log in again, just to be sure that was my only option. So glad I did! I got another option now, to take an automated call! I did that, worked great, and then they just had me change my password and secret questions and it's all fully restored!! So happy!! Whew!!

I took a work break tonight and went to BB to buy Disney gc's. It wouldn't let me do a $500 loadable, said it was too much! It did allow 2 $250 loadable cards on one order. Tried to do the other $500 I needed, and then was gonna do the promo cards for another $225, and it wouldn't activate anymore Disney gc's. She couldn't figure out why. It had nothing to do with paying with gc's as it wouldn't even activate the card at all, in any size, to get to a screen to pay. She's the gal who always helps me out, I think a manager, but she nor anyone else could figure it out. I had to go back to work, so, she's gonna try to get some info and see if we can't get those Disney gc's tomorrow. If we can't do that I'll probably get $500 more in ebay and try to get something, maybe WGC's. Hopefully it was just glitch of some sort and it will be fixed tomorrow. She did suggest ordering online possibly.

Anyway, just wanted to share, and so happy that in the middle of this I checked my paypal and it's all good again! That was rather scary though I was trying not to panic! I could have used DD26's paypal for my ebucks and payments, but I try to use my acct more so her's stays good.

I decided to try getting the BB gift cards from PP, and figured that if it asked for verification, I would just take my ebay card elsewhere. But ebay and PPDG both behaved, and I now have $220 worth of BB cards. All the cards came in my email, even the $10 vouchers.

I did notice a weird comment in red from ebay that said to change payment options after I typed my ebay card # in, but I also saw that the total now read $0, so I hit the confirm transaction button, and all went as it should.

While I'll agree PP is very frustrating, I think your problem here is whose name the phone registered in. Example, DGF's cell phone is part of my Sprint family plan account and the account is in my name. I have the caller ID for her phone set to her name. Her phone number is listed in her PP account as her number. However, when I ran into a verification problem like yours with her account I was getting the same message. PP somehow knows that phone isn't registered in her name. Creepy I know, but my best guess is that's your problem. Unless of course you're phone is registered in your name in which case I have no idea.

Are any reward programs giving cash back for purchasing gift cards on eBay any more? I've clicked through SwagBucks each time, but nothing pending as of yet. I know eBates and Rapid Rewards are out.

I'm new to this board and smacking myself for not knowing about this place years ago when we first started our Disney trips. I'm here now, and am in awe of you all! Your posts are quite inspirational. I'm smacking my head because we JUST spent almost 1k on ebay, and didn't even have the ebay bucks turned on - I didn't even know it existed until I read it here! I suppose now I know, though, so that's good, and it's all set up. So, I don't have the ebucks promo coming my way, but I was tempted to try the BB thing. I called my local BBs first, though, and it turns out that one supposedly never sells ebay gcs - doubt it - but that's what the person on the phone said. She didn't give me the feeling she actually knew, nor cared to really look. The other, though, told me that they were pulled! He said they actually have a stack, but that they were having an issue with them not loading properly. He said that his manager told him that they seem to load when purchased, but that when people try them online, the ebay gcs weren't working, so they had to pull them because they can't give refunds on gcs. The next closest one, according to the website, is about an hour away, and has less than three ... :( So, it seems that I'm going to miss this first attempt. Which is a shame, but maybe just as well, as I may end up getting stuck with them, since they'd definitely be post the purchase date guidelines. Someone here made 68 with 100. Amazing! I was excited for my 10% returns, but what you guys do here is another level lol What are typical returns when this special promo isn't happening? After this month of ebay gc to gc ends, what do you think will be the new norm? Thanks for all your posts!

I made 2 PPDG $100 (plus bonus) BB gc purchases with no problems. The third transaction took several attempts to verify. I think I'll buy eBay gift cards at BB then buy Walgreens gc to turn into Disney. I don't want to risk my Paypal account since I have several eBay transactions ending shortly and can't be locked out of my account for any reason.

can you explain how it would be risked?

it may be the issue i referenced above about them not loading properly. honestly, though, i'm wondering if the manager pulled them to prevent churning and is using that as an excuse.

.....lots of stuff.....What are typical returns when this special promo isn't happening? After this month of ebay gc to gc ends, what do you think will be the new norm? Thanks for all your posts!

can you explain how it would be risked?

it may be the issue i referenced above about them not loading properly. honestly, though, i'm wondering if the manager pulled them to prevent churning and is using that as an excuse.
First, thank you for alerting us that your BB's ebay cards may have issues. It's something the rest of us should watch for at our stores.

It's hard to say what a typical return is, because the one constant thing about using gcs to buy gcs is that YMMV: "Your Mileage May Vary". The same way you didn't get the promotion today (probably because you weren't signed up for ebay bucks), you could get several promotions in a row, and then none for a month (my situation).

For the new norm, that will be hard to quantify also, because without going through ebay, people are looking at different ways to get the most benefit from purchasing or earning Disney gift cards.
- Some go to grocery stores that offer gas points (Kroger is popular, because they are having a special with 4X the dollar value for all gift cards you buy).
- Some have credit cards with rewards, and they check to see where they will have the most points each month.
- Some are going to warehouse stores like Costco or Sams route, where they sell Disney Gift Cards at about 5% off, if you buy in packs of 3.
- Some go to Target and buy cards at 5% off with their Target credit card. (There may be other stores where you can do this. Lowe's?)
Everybody does what works best for them, based on what stores are near them, budget, what their needs are, etc.

As for the risk people were referring to, one of the sellers on ebay, PayPal Digital Gifts (PPDG), has a bad habit of shutting down Paypal accounts of people who try to buy gift cards with ebay gift cards in their ebay store. They have a very sensitive verification system that can get triggered, and no one knows how. If they ask you to verify your account more than twice, you could be in their crosshairs. They are the vendor for BB cards in ebay, so people are looking at other cards to buy during the promotion to avoid compromising their accounts.

I havn't seen any history on my ebay bucks page for at least a week now. I should have about $50 coming from last quarter plus I ordered some things this month. Am I losing it? I am looking at My Ebay -> Summary -> EBay Bucks. No history just a couple of adds. Strange as I got the 10% bucks promo. Anyone else have this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter