• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of errors did you get? I am getting an error on each card saying the security code is bad. I have booked lots of SW travel with GC's and never gotten an error. Only on these three cards I had not used yet. I assumed they were no longer good. Who did you call...SW or PP?
Yeah, I got the same error but if you call the number in the error (SW general number) and talk to someone, they'll check the balance. Mine were still good despite the errors, and I had just used one card 2 weeks ago for our December to Universal/WDW

One I bought in the Spring and the other two I had bought in June. I really wish there was a way to store the GC's in their system. I'd actually buy them every time they were on sale if they offered something like that. Kind of like Amazon has.
Try this webpage
https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html
I got the same weird error messages on the regular gift card balance check page. This is the one where you can check luv vouchers or gift cards. I'm guessing maybe e gift cards can only be checked by using this page that has the security feature to prevent computer programs/bots from checking them? I say that because I can retrieve my balances on this page but not the one without the security feature.

Yeah, I got the same error but if you call the number in the error (SW general number) and talk to someone, they'll check the balance. Mine were still good despite the errors, and I had just used one card 2 weeks ago for our December to Universal/WDW

Try this webpage
https://www.southwest.com/flight/travel-funds-search.html
I got the same weird error messages on the regular gift card balance check page. This is the one where you can check luv vouchers or gift cards. I'm guessing maybe e gift cards can only be checked by using this page that has the security feature to prevent computer programs/bots from checking them? I say that because I can retrieve my balances on this page but not the one without the security feature.

Thank you both for your help. So, the one I bought back in the Spring is still good (yay!) but the ones I had bought later are drained (boo!).

Oh wow, wendow, I'm so sorry to hear all those cards are drained! What an awful way to come home from your long awaited trip, to face this mess! Ugh! Hope you, and all who are affected by these thefts, are able to get your money back!

On a brighter note, I hope you all had a really wonderful vacation! Hope you escaped a lot of that rain and enjoyed some great dry and sunny days!

I run them as debit because some of the krogers in the area ask for id on credit purchases of gift cards and require that the id match the credit card. Since they say "A GIFT FOR YOU" as the name, that's obviously not going to match. I know the visas either come with a pin, or allow you to set one, so I just run them as debit with the pin and then I don't need to worry. Since debit requires a pin, they don't match ids.
I have not bought Visa gift cards before, so I am wondering how you select whether to run them as debit instead of credit.

I also was wondering how you manage the fuel points. I have never had more than 1000 at a time. Will your kroger account save more points? I was worried that if I got gas, that I would lose any extras. And do you have to use them the same month?

And speaking of gas, my Randalls, which is part of the Safeway group, also offers gas points, but doesn't have a gas station. Does anyone know if they are affiliated with a gas company, the way Kroger's is affiliated with Shell?

Oh wow, wendow, I'm so sorry to hear all those cards are drained! What an awful way to come home from your long awaited trip, to face this mess! Ugh! Hope you, and all who are affected by these thefts, are able to get your money back!

On a brighter note, I hope you all had a really wonderful vacation! Hope you escaped a lot of that rain and enjoyed some great dry and sunny days!

Thank you so much! We had a great time. The first few days were off and on rainy but we still managed lots of pool time and it kept the parks a bit less crowded. Then it got super hot and humid and we were wishing it would rain lol. We got lots of pixie dust sprinkled on us the entire trip so trying to just remember that and not stress over this gift card mess!

I was within the 30-day window on my drained BB cards so I appealed to Ebay for help.
This is the latest email I got:
"I have taken you info and working on getting this resolved for you. Thank you Robyn H - PayPal"
I'm not exactly reassured by this.

Thank you so much! We had a great time. The first few days were off and on rainy but we still managed lots of pool time and it kept the parks a bit less crowded. Then it got super hot and humid and we were wishing it would rain lol. We got lots of pixie dust sprinkled on us the entire trip so trying to just remember that and not stress over this gift card mess!
Glad to hear you had a nice trip. Keep thinking about those magical moments and pixie dust!!!

Does anyone have any idea if Sam's will get the $500 gift card back in stock on line ? Have they had this value before ? Has it been "sold out" before and then came back available? Thanks for any insight.

I'm not sure how your return went but mine was horrible. First, I was told that Target does not sell on ebay and that it was probably a scam, lol. Then they scanned the return UPC and said it was not in their system. At one point there were 2 employees on the phone with different people at the same time. Finally the lady got approval to refund me and she counted out the money but excluded almost $50 in tax that they owed me! I said "what about the tax"? She said that was the best they could do and I was lucky to get approval for that, oh my. I would add that they processed it as a no receipt return against my drivers license. Just as I was about to freak out on this woman the other guy on the phone came up and started apologizing profusely, gave me my tax and I was finally on my way.

It was a pair of Sennheiser headphones that were drop shipped directly from Sennheiser as that was the return address on the box.

Oh gosh, sorry your return was so rough. I won't be doing my for a few weeks because one item should be delivered this Friday, but I got an email that the other will be delayed until next week. I'd rather wait for both and bring them back at the same time. I planned to bring a print out of the Target ebay store return policy to have with me just in case. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

If you're a glutton for punishment (or just very trustworthy...)

PPDG is currently offering a bonus $10 BBY gc if you buy a $100 BBY gc. Limit 5.
Aw HECK no! I was tempted to by an ebay gift card sale I saw on doctorofcredit by a different ebay seller than PPDG but until this PPDG mess blows over I'm not touching any of it. What sealed the no touch deal for me was when people reported their Southwest cards are slowly being drained. Hopefully it was only a hack on PPDG and not ebay or a PPDG supplier but I'm still out until the dust settles in a few months. More savings for those who are willing to try though!

I saw that and I'm tempted. I figure as long as I flip them today, I should be good to go.

I apologize as I'm sure this has been covered already (I try to keep up...), but you can buy Disney gift cards online at BestBuy.com using the Best Buy egiftcards you purchase from PPDG? Or do you have to purchase the Disney gift cards in an actual BB store?

Thanks!

I'm all caught up after vacation and then busy getting the kids back to school. (It is my first day back to work in 2 weeks and that is where I do most of my Dis reading.:rotfl2:)

I have 3-$100 BB e-gift cards that are drained. I am within my 30 days so I started with ebay today. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter