• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason that it has to be just one way or the other. Why not cash in some of your Target GCs for Disney GCs and use the remainder for ebay churning? You could always designate your ebates money to buy Disney GCs at Sam's or to purchase WalMart GCs at a discount somewhere, if you can find a reliable source.
That's true. I didn't think of ebates as cash for some stupid reason. Thank you. I guess I just had my system down pat and (like everyone else) got that wrench thrown in.
Thank you!

Late to report, but I got the 5% ebates too. Very happy about that!

Edit - anybody know what the cutoff time was? My order was processed right before 11am EST on whatever day it was

Has anyone ever seen a Disney GC with no Pin #? I finally got my DVA bonus and the card back has the number all uncovered, and then it says Pin: Beg. Balance $20. There's nothing to scratch!

Geez, this is the gift card thread guys. The last gazillion pages have been about Ebucks & PPDG. Maybe we should start a new gift card thread.

(Just joking and beating the inevitable post saying this seriously :rotfl:)

You know, if everyone would just leave every 4th word out of their posts, these pages would be 25% shorter...

Has anyone ever seen a Disney GC with no Pin #? I finally got my DVA bonus and the card back has the number all uncovered, and then it says Pin: Beg. Balance $20. There's nothing to scratch!
Yes! I got one a few days ago like this. I emailed in and didn't get a response to mg specific email but I did get an automated message that I'm receiving my bonus so it seems that they are resending it.

I "needed" another $250 in Disney Gift cards to take with me (9 days and a wakeup!...spending Mother's day at Disney, and the 4 days after), so I went ahead and ordered some from Sam's Club.com. Website said they'll be here on the 5th, which is cutting it a bit close, but I can always go to Kroger to get more if I have to (I didn't want to do that now because I already have 3000 fuel points to use by the end of May). I went through Discover Deals, so hopefully I'll get 5% cashback (then doubled in October for 10% total) and $250 in gift cards was $244.40. Not even 3% off from Sam's, but could be 14% when all done.

Mine was like that too, and I was unable to add it to my other gift cards on disneygiftcard.com

Annoying, but not really a huge deal....as long as I don't lose it lol

I "needed" another $250 in Disney Gift cards to take with me (9 days and a wakeup!...spending Mother's day at Disney, and the 4 days after), so I went ahead and ordered some from Sam's Club.com. Website said they'll be here on the 5th, which is cutting it a bit close, but I can always go to Kroger to get more if I have to (I didn't want to do that now because I already have 3000 fuel points to use by the end of May). I went through Discover Deals, so hopefully I'll get 5% cashback (then doubled in October for 10% total) and $250 in gift cards was $244.40. Not even 3% off from Sam's, but could be 14% when all done.

It sounds like you got the $50s for $48.88? Those the worst deal of the 3 cards offered (but I am sure you already know that :) ). Please let us know if Discover Deals credits you. I did get CB from Sams through TCB for my $500 GC purchases, but they decline the other values every time. It would be nice to find a portal that credits for all. I have been stalking Raise for WM GCs and have been getting a decent 4-5% off. With that + getting the higher value from Sams, which are closer to 5% savings, and the CC rewards (only 1%), I hope to get at least 10% without a CB portal.

Can anyone tell me if I can buy Disney GC at The Disney Store (not the "Disney store" GC of course) with my Disney Visa rewards redemption card? I have over $1000 and I'd like to add it to my DVA for the $20 bonus but you can't fund your DVA with a rewards redemption card.

If anyone has local HyVee they are offering a $10 HV gift card with the purchase of select $50 gift cards. At my local store the gift cards that qualify for this are Regal, Cabelas, Olive Garden, Carnival Cruise, Steak & Shake, IHop, Xbox, Cracker Barrel, Michaels, Nike, Jiffy Lube, Applebees and a few others. This may differ by location since the deal is on their website and says 'see store for details.' *You might also get fuel perks with this deal.

I ended up using my $400 in Target GCs for $400 in Disney GCs. Cashier was super nice, and I had no problem doing it. No self-checkouts in my store. I then went and got my remaining $100 needed at Kroger to get the 4xs fuel points and 5% cashback from Chase. I'll use Paypal this month from SB to pay myself back for this. I think I'm done with Target GCs now. I may redeem SB for them occasionally. I'm ok having small amounts tied up in Target GCs, but not hundreds.

As far as Ebates, I have had something weird happen. I had several $25 Target GCs that I wanted to combine. I went through Ebates and added a small item (plates for my DS's graduation party). I did three orders like this over three days. Every order was for the same amount: $103.23. It included a $100 Disney GC plus plates for $3.29. I used my RC and got 5% off the plates. Well, my first Ebates credit was for $2.06. It showed the order amount as $103.13 (10 cents lower than what it was actually). My second two credits were for $1.96. These showed the order total being $98.13. I can't figure out how these were figured or how all of the order amounts were different from the actual total. Any ideas?

I can confirm the AMEX offer works on e-gift cards. I bought 2x$25 (Chili's and Panera) and 1x$50 (Target) and I have already received the $25 statement credit. My offer is listed as "redeemed" though since it is a one-time use.

What type of AMEX do you have? I'm not getting this as an offer for mine (Starwood, Costco).

If anyone has local HyVee they are offering a $10 HV gift card with the purchase of select $50 gift cards. At my local store the gift cards that qualify for this are Regal, Cabelas, Olive Garden, Carnival Cruise, Steak & Shake, IHop, Xbox, Cracker Barrel, Michaels, Nike, Jiffy Lube, Applebees and a few others. This may differ by location since the deal is on their website and says 'see store for details.' *You might also get fuel perks with this deal.
Awesome, thanks!!

Data point or more clutter? I just received shipping confirmation for the first of my GCM orders from yesterday's 8% bonus flash sale! Estimated delivery on 5/3 -- just in time for another Bucks bonus if there is one!

Got a shipping confirmation already too. Thinking Monday for me :)

Thanks for the find! I wonder if this is for all HyVees or just the ones in your region...do they all run the same promos?

Can anyone tell me if I can buy Disney GC at The Disney Store (not the "Disney store" GC of course) with my Disney Visa rewards redemption card? I have over $1000 and I'd like to add it to my DVA for the $20 bonus but you can't fund your DVA with a rewards redemption card.
I have several times, but I did it online. Never tried it in a Disney Store.

It's my understanding that you can buy whatever you want at a Disney Store with Disney Reward Redemption cards, including gift cards. I haven't bought them in store, but I have purchased gift cards online with a Redemption card. Shipping was free and I received them within a week, so that is what I plan to do in the future, unless there's a time crunch since the mall is 30 minutes away and I rarely go.

The one I got was the same way. I was just planning to bring it with me and to use it on my next trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter