• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get a 25$ target egift card on gyft.com today using promo code LASTMIN. Cashback is available as well from the normal sites on the gyft purchase

Right now, for a limited time, Gyft (gyft.com) is offering $5 off a $25 gift card purchase made with a credit card or PayPal by entering the following promo code: FDFAMILY

There is a limit of one code per user. I just bought a $25 Target gift card (using my earrings from Receipt Hog) but Amazon, Starbucks, Whole Foods plus more are also eligible.

Also, Trial Play on Swag Bucks (maybe others) has an offer for Gyft: Buy a $25 through Gyft and get 215 SB. Would be nice to stack the two. :D

Do you know if this deal can be used more than once?

Last I looked, Trial Play in Swag Bucks had three different offers. (Maybe more.) Any Gyft $25 gift card, $25 Target gift card (though Gyft) and I think there was also a Starbucks one. When I've done these in the past, it was 1 per offer.

You might be able to also do the offer on Perk, GiftHulk, etc but I really don't know much about that.

The promo code: FDFAMILY can only be used once per user.

Yea, it's really painful when it happens to you!
There is absolutely NO excuse for this!

I buy thousands in giftcards for Disney and every summer worry if I will run into this. I love my Disney vacation account I set up this year. So far I have 5k in giftcards loaded in there with most from target and no problems so far

Ouch is right. I get a sick feeling every time I order Disney gift cards on target.com. So far I've been lucky. I just wish he hadn't mentioned that he used his Black Friday 10% off Target gift cards to get an additional 5% off online. The least amount of publicity about this the better. I can see Target closing that loophole fast or taking the gift cards off their website entirely.

Ouch is right. I get a sick feeling every time I order Disney gift cards on target.com. So far I've been lucky. I just wish he hadn't mentioned that he used his Black Friday 10% off Target gift cards to get an additional 5% off online. The least amount of publicity about this the better. I can see Target closing that loophole fast or taking the gift cards off their website entirely.

My thoughts exactly.

I verify each of my cards has been activated by checking the balance at "disneygiftcards.com" as soon as I get them. I just did a bunch tonight (including those I ordered with Target cards I purchased with the same Black Friday 10% deal shown in the article). I also number them with a sharpie.

I have bought thousands of dollars worth and never had an issue, so far, but I'm not taking any chances. I also keep all receipts.

I also cringed when the article detailed the exact process, now with bad publicity. Loose lips sink ships...

my local Kroger had a bad "batch" of gift cards - I had 2 for $500 not active after I bought them It w a huge pain, but thankfully I had the receipts. I now tape the activation receipts for mine immediately.

I saw Disney gift cards at my local Sam's Club yesterday. $150 worth of cards (three $50 cards in a package) for $143.00, about a 4.5% savings.

I verify each of my cards has been activated by checking the balance at "disneygiftcards.com" as soon as I get them. I just did a bunch tonight (including those I ordered with Target cards I purchased with the same Black Friday 10% deal shown in the article). I also number them with a sharpie.

I have bought thousands of dollars worth and never had an issue, so far, but I'm not taking any chances. I also keep all receipts.

I also cringed when the article detailed the exact process, now with bad publicity. Loose lips sink ships...

I just went to purchase the last batch of Disney gift cards through the Target website (we were out of the country when the last $300 of Target cards came) and saw that they are "currently sold out online".

I hope this in only temporary :worried::worried:.

I just went to purchase the last batch of Disney gift cards through the Target website (we were out of the country when the last $300 of Target cards came) and saw that they are "currently sold out online".

I hope this in only temporary :worried::worried:.

So far, it's always just temporary so hopefully for those this impacts it won't be too long. They haven't gone out of stock in awhile so I guess it was time.

Heather

Hopping in here. :) We just started our Disney savings for a trip in December. We are taking our first trip to Disneyland, having been to WDW many times.

I do Swagbucks, and have a RedCard. I have not actually purchased a Disney GC from Target yet, but that will probably be my main way of getting them for our trip. I don't think I am going to put them in a Disney savings account since we will stay off property at DLR and that would be the main cost other than airfare. So we plan to save enough for tickets, food, and souvenirs. Basically, we don't want to have to pay anything extra other than our room and airfare. :)

I read as many pages here as I could get through but didn't spot my question - can you use Kmart/Sears Shop Your Way reward points for Disney GC? We rack up points pretty fast there (right now have almost $40 worth, and we get about that every month or so). It would be nice to use that "free money" to add to our Disney fund!

disneyjar.jpg
Our savings jar! I made the slot big enough to slide giftcards in. :)

I add my Disney Gift Cards to the Disney Gift Card tracking app on my SmartPhone.

We are planning our next Disney trip for December. The tiebreaker between a November or December trip was that a December trip would likely allow me to buy Disney Gift Cards at a discount from Target or H-E-B (Texas Grocery Store).

Love the discount.

I just bought two 50 dollar gift cards from target online and yes they were inactive. Here is where the problem comes trying to speak with someone who can communicate in clear english and someone who knows how to fix the problem. everytime you call they cannot seem to understand you have a problem with a disney gift card not a target gift card. I made about 10 calls spoke to roughly 15 different people and then finally I struck gold someone was able to help me.It seems a whole new batch of target gift cards went out without being activated.The number I would recommend calling for customer service at target is 1 800 544 3875 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter