• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting - thanks! I had not heard of this happening. I might give it a try and see what happens. Will report back.

Jodie

Just got the $1100 worth of gift cards from Target yesterday. It must have been a fluke.

Just got the $1100 worth of gift cards from Target yesterday. It must have been a fluke.
We're talking about online orders that involve using Target GCs to pay for Disney GCs.

Did you make your purchase online? If so, how did you manage to purchase $1100 worth of Disney GCs? They limit you to only 3 in a single order. Multiple identical orders would certainly send up a red flag to their fraud dept.

Or did you purchase them in a Target store? If so, you would have gotten 5% off any amount that you use the REDCard to pay. If you used some Target GCs, the value of the GCs would first be deducted from your total and then the remainder, if paid using a REDCard, would have the 5% discount applied to it.

We're talking about online orders that involve using Target GCs to pay for Disney GCs.

Did you make your purchase online? If so, how did you manage to purchase $1100 worth of Disney GCs? They limit you to only 3 in a single order. Multiple identical orders would certainly send up a red flag to their fraud dept.

Or did you purchase them in a Target store? If so, you would have gotten 5% off any amount that you use the REDCard to pay. If you used some Target GCs, the value of the GCs would first be deducted from your total and then the remainder, if paid using a REDCard, would have the 5% discount applied to it.

I made multiple orders of 3 $50 cards using target gift cards online, one right after the other. This is the 3rd time I have ordered over a $1000 worth of cards without issue.

I've also made numerous Disney gift card purchases online using only Target gift cards. I have my Target Red card as my default payment and only pay with Target gift cards. I have always gotten the 5% off my $150 order. Never had any problems. My most recent order is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

I always place my orders using my computer and not my phone.

I made multiple orders of 3 $50 cards using target gift cards online, one right after the other. This is the 3rd time I have ordered over a $1000 worth of cards without issue.
This is good to know. Perhaps the problem from last week was just a hiccup.

So sorry. I know this is asked and answered but for some reason I am thinking this no longer works anymore? After 5 prescription refills you get 5 percent off day, correct? At Target. So could I think get a giftcard at 10 percent off total that day>
? Only problem with Target is they only go up to 5o bucks. My local gas station has them in 500 increments and when Chase is double points I can get them for 17 pecent off with fuel perks...But target is nice back up if it is 10 pecent on that day...

So sorry. I know this is asked and answered but for some reason I am thinking this no longer works anymore? After 5 prescription refills you get 5 percent off day, correct? At Target. So could I think get a giftcard at 10 percent off total that day>
? Only problem with Target is they only go up to 5o bucks. My local gas station has them in 500 increments and when Chase is double points I can get them for 17 pecent off with fuel perks...But target is nice back up if it is 10 pecent on that day...

Target no longer allows the pharmacy rewards to be used for gift card purchases.

Well, I clicked on the link in my email from Kroger and when it sent me to the site, there was no way to put a 4x fuel point digital coupon on my card. It sent me directly to the 4x fuel point promo, but there was no button or anything to add it to my card. Anyone know why?

Did you log in to your Kroger account?
Once you log in, the offer should show up and you should be able to add it to your card.

Did you log in to your Kroger account?
Once you log in, the offer should show up and you should be able to add it to your card.

Yes, I was logged into my account. I'm wondering if it's maybe a regional thing? I got the email friday, but didn't try to get the digital coupon until Sunday. In the email on Friday, it DID say "last chance"...so I'm wondering if in my region (texas) that the last day for the 4X fuel points was Friday.

Also, for you guys who have your target redcard set as default payment online and use the target gift cards to pay for the disney gift cards and still get your 5% off....does this work for both the debit card AND the credit card? Because I only have the debit card, and it IS set as my default, but when I paid for a $50 Disney card with the target gift card, it did not give me the 5% off. :-(

Yes, I was logged into my account. I'm wondering if it's maybe a regional thing? I got the email friday, but didn't try to get the digital coupon until Sunday. In the email on Friday, it DID say "last chance"...so I'm wondering if in my region (texas) that the last day for the 4X fuel points was Friday.

Also, for you guys who have your target redcard set as default payment online and use the target gift cards to pay for the disney gift cards and still get your 5% off....does this work for both the debit card AND the credit card? Because I only have the debit card, and it IS set as my default, but when I paid for a $50 Disney card with the target gift card, it did not give me the 5% off. :-(

I have a target debit red card and I get the 5% off with gift cards. I always put in my redcard pin and set it as the source of payment, then once I see the 5% taken off, I edit the payment to gftcard.

Or perhaps you just had to download the coupon by Friday.

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I had no idea about the red card trick and now I'm going to save a bunch on my cruise. :)

Just bought $95 worth of Target gift cards from a resale site for $91. Used my Disney rewards visa, so I'll get roughly $1 back in rewards. Then I bought the disney gift cards online, so I pretty much saved 10%.

:cool1:

How did you save 10%? I'm curious because the savings of target gift cards was 4% and then the Disney rewards is 1%. Can you use target gift cards to save 5% online with target.com purchases?

Thanks you for any info.

www.giftcards.com has Target gift cards at an extra discount right now,for 5.78% off. I bought some with my debit card i get 1% cash back with.

It took about an hour from the time I ordered and the GC's worked fine.

www.giftcards.com has Target gift cards at an extra discount right now,for 5.78% off. I bought some with my debit card i get 1% cash back with.

It took about an hour from the time I ordered and the GC's worked fine.

First time doing this. When I log on to giftcards.com I see flat 6 percent. So you are saying buying these in CODE form, they email them to you, but pay on target.com with your target as default so we get another 5 percent off correct?

Also as a first time Target card user they sent me a flyer saying on my first prescription refill I would get a bonus 5 % off the store. Under new rules even this won't be good on gift cards correct?

First time doing this. When I log on to giftcards.com I see flat 6 percent. So you are saying buying these in CODE form, they email them to you, but pay on target.com with your target as default so we get another 5 percent off correct?

Also as a first time Target card user they sent me a flyer saying on my first prescription refill I would get a bonus 5 % off the store. Under new rules even this won't be good on gift cards correct?

Yes, when you actually do the math it's not quite 6%, yes buy those in code form, they email it to you, and then I go on target.com with my default payment as my target redcard and get another 5% off.

you are correct, they don't let you use the pharmacy rewards on the gift cards anymore.

I almost have enough DGC to pay the balance of the room for our next vacation can I use the gift cards for in-line check in.

What am I doing wrong? Purchased Target gift card electronically at 5 percent off. Then go to target.com and set my target card as DEFAULt. So far so good. Each time I put in my target gift card number a check out it shows me the money will be taken from my target credit card NOT giftcard....Is this normal and will it take from gift card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter