• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gyft app is doing a promotion that when you purchase $25.00 in gift cards you get a free $10.00 gift card. You will need to enter the promo code Play2014.

It seems to be only for accounts registered with google+. (Not sure if these need to be new account.) Also, people are reporting that it can be finicky when paying with Paypal.

What I did was I started a Gyft account by registering with an alt google+ email, selected a $25 target card, added the promo code, and paid with a credit card. (Did this all online.) After about 15mins, the $25 gift card and 1000 pts were added to my Gyft account. I used these points to redeem a $10 Target gift card using the Gyft app on my phone.

That's all the information I have about this.

I just got the red card (the debit version) for Target. But the restrictions read that the 5% off is not. Laid in Target GC or prepaid GC. Does that not include the Disney GC??

I just got the red card (the debit version) for Target. But the restrictions read that the 5% off is not. Laid in Target GC or prepaid GC. Does that not include the Disney GC??

I have been able to get the 5% off as of last week. But they did stop the pharmacy rewards 5% discount on the disney gc. I've saved 175 off of my trip just using the red debit card it's totally worth it!

Hello.

For an upcoming disney trip, my final payment is due around august 29.

Was thinking of getting the gift cards thru Target.

For those who are experts with this, do I have enough time to accomplish this?

We currently do not have a red card to get the 5% off, but I would think I can get it rather quickly.

I am sure the answers to these questions are on this thread, but can someone quickly explain the limits in buying them online? Is it 3 per time and they are mailed, which may affect my deadline? What if I go to the local target store, is there a limit on the number you can buy?

Thank you.

Hello.

We currently do not have a red card to get the 5% off, but I would think I can get it rather quickly.

I am sure the answers to these questions are on this thread, but can someone quickly explain the limits in buying them online? Is it 3 per time and they are mailed, which may affect my deadline? What if I go to the local target store, is there a limit on the number you can buy?

Thank you.

Definitely go to the store to buy. Target shipping is notoriously S-L-O-W!!!! I have purchased as much as $1,000 at the store without a problem.

Hello.

Thank you.

I would go to the store just to be safe. I ordered $900 worth Thursday and they arrived on Monday, but that is not always the case.

Hello.

Thank you.

The debit version of the Red Card has an unknown "credit limit" when you first open the card and after you create a history of use the limit either disappears or raises. If you are just opening the card you will probably run into a problem getting a lot of gift cards.

Does anyone know if I order Disney Gift cards online through the Disneystore.com and activate upromise cash back, will that get me the 4% cash back to u-promise? Then I was thinking I would put it into a DVA to get an additional 2% back.

BJ's has $100 GCs for 95.99, so 4% off. If you stack with % back credit cards, it could be better than the Target 5%. Be careful though because they also have $150 packages (3x$50) for $147 or $148

Does anyone know if I order Disney Gift cards online through the Disneystore.com and activate upromise cash back, will that get me the 4% cash back to u-promise? Then I was thinking I would put it into a DVA to get an additional 2% back.

Nevermind I looked it up and it's restricted.

Hello.

Thank you.

I received 10% off my first purchase with my Red Card. I didn't realize it until after I finished checking out but it included the Disney GC I did buy so buy as many as they will let you the first time in the store.

So here is what I have been doing lately, much better than the 5% Redcard discount I was getting before.

My local grocery store, Publix, runs coupons occasionally for Visa and Amex giftcards. It is $10 off $50, but of course there is a $4.95 activation fee. But that is okay, I'm still saving just over $5 on $50, so that's 10%. Plus because I have the Disney Premier Visa, I am getting 2% back on the entire purchase as Disney Dollars.

But I dont stop there, I then take the Visa or Amex gift cards and purchase Disney gift cards at BJ's which are discounted 4%. Not to mention the 1% Ill get as Disney Dollars using my Disney Visa at BJ's.

Doing the actual math is is something like a 13.6% total discount, not including the Disney rewards I am earning. It is an extra step instead of just walking into Target, but I go to Publix and BJ's all the time, so it is never and extra trip.

Tonight I purchased $2,500 in Disney Gift Cards with my Redcard Debit card and saved 5% ($125). I was worried that Target would impose a limit (even though the money was available in my account), so I stopped by customer service first. They said no limit but you could only do two transactions per day.

I collected my 50 (!) $50 GCs and went to checkout. It took a while but the cashier was VERY nice. It went through no problem and I saved $125.

I use the Disney Vacation Account to consolidate. I enter each one (keeping the GCs in case I need them) and have had much more success using it after a DIS tip that your DVA Account number can be entered in the Gift Card box online or over the phone. I have so far purchased holiday party ticket, TTDP, park Tickets, etc... Leaving for DL trip in a week and will be testing usage. I have WDW trip in Nov, so if I can't use it for everything at DL" I know I can use it at WDW.

I use the Disney Vacation Account to consolidate. I enter each one (keeping the GCs in case I need them) and have had much more success using it after a DIS tip that your DVA Account number can be entered in the Gift Card box online or over the phone. I have so far purchased holiday party ticket, TTDP, park Tickets, etc... Leaving for DL trip in a week and will be testing usage. I have WDW trip in Nov, so if I can't use it for everything at DL" I know I can use it at WDW.

I have done the DVA consolidation as well. Good to know you haven't had any trouble using the DVA account. I'm getting ready to purchase WDW tickets with it. Hope it goes smoothly. Did you just call the regular Disney ticket phone number? Did you have to tell them to put the account# in like a gift card?

Jodie

I have done the DVA consolidation as well. Good to know you haven't had any trouble using the DVA account. I'm getting ready to purchase WDW tickets with it. Hope it goes smoothly. Did you just call the regular Disney ticket phone number? Did you have to tell them to put the account# in like a gift card?

Jodie

I bought park tickets online and entered DVA account number in box for gift card (there was no DVA option, though I've seen it online for a couple of online purchases). I also just used it for Fantasmic Dessert party over the phone. I said to CM "I'm using DVA to pay and I think you just enter my acct number as a gift card". She seemed to already know, so it seems like CMs are starting to know about it more.

I leave for DL a week from today and plan to use for APs and hotel. I plan to charge all meals and merchandise to room and pay off using DVA. Will let everyone know how it goes. The WDW trip in Nov is a much bigger trip (week instead of 3 nights and four vs two people), so using DL trip as test case.

Just a heads up, today I went to buy a variable Disney gift card at Kroger using the 4x fuel points deal. The cashier told me that the 4x points only work on the fixed value cards. I wanted to have less cards, but I just bought 2 $50 cards instead. No one said anything last promotion but I do wonder if either she was wrong or the other cashiers didn't know (considering that store I wouldn't be surprised, many of the cashiers are teenagers). So ask or check your receipt to make sure you're being credited.

Just a heads up, today I went to buy a variable Disney gift card at Kroger using the 4x fuel points deal. The cashier told me that the 4x points only work on the fixed value cards. I wanted to have less cards, but I just bought 2 $50 cards instead. No one said anything last promotion but I do wonder if either she was wrong or the other cashiers didn't know (considering that store I wouldn't be surprised, many of the cashiers are teenagers). So ask or check your receipt to make sure you're being credited.

I have read this on the boards before and have been told the same by a Kroger employee once. Its possible the Kroger employee you spoke with was thinking of the loadable Visa/Mastercard gift cards?? The fine print does not exclude the loadable merchant cards. When purchasing the loadable cards in the past, I would just load with $15 as a "test" to make sure it worked. I've never had an issue with it not working and have always received the 4x. Good luck!

Jodie

I have read this on the boards before and have been told the same by a Kroger employee once. Its possible the Kroger employee you spoke with was thinking of the loadable Visa/Mastercard gift cards?? The fine print does not exclude the loadable merchant cards. When purchasing the loadable cards in the past, I would just load with $15 as a "test" to make sure it worked. I've never had an issue with it not working and have always received the 4x. Good luck! Jodie

I too have been told this and unless it changed since June it is untrue. I put about $400 on a variable load card in June and got 4x fuel points.

She was thinking of the prepaid visa/mastercard variable cards as a pp suggested. I always buy the variable cards -both target and disney - and I just did both yesterda y so those do give Sx points. ETA oops that's 4x points!

I too have been told this and unless it changed since June it is untrue. I put about $400 on a variable load card in June and got 4x fuel points.

My three local Kroger's in Michigan will not give you 4x fuel points unless it is on a fixed amount card. I have inquired many times over the last 2 years and have never been able to get the points. I can only get them on the $25 and $50 cards. Maybe different states have different policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter