Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one that I'm referring to is strictly for Target .com and it is only for Cyber Monday. The one for the B&M stores is good for the whole week but expressly states that you must buy 2 $25 GCs. Totally different offers.

Doesn't it say any 2 $25 or higher prepaid gift GC's? So, it would still work with say, 2 $50 or $100 cards? I wonder if you could buy 2 $50 cards, and then in another order buy another 2 $50 cards and get another $5 target gc? Also, is it an actual $5 card, or is it an egift card I can use online?

So ... we would select eBay cards (and save 15%) and then go to the Gift Card Mall to buy Target cards and then use them in turn to buy Disney cards for another 5% off? Just trying to understand the new process since Raise et. al discounts have been sucking so much.

Where is the %15 off of ebay cards? I must have missed something and I'm not finding it.

Last edited:
Also, I was wondering if anyone knows, if I use a disney gc to purchase something in the store, can I use my AP card 10% discount with the disney gc? TIA!

ETA: Another question, edited to ask here instead of another post.

With Raise or Cardpool, they each have a $5 promo for refer a friend, or for first time users. Has anyone, say, made an email acct for another family member in your house, with your same address and phone, and used your same credit card acct as on your own Raise or Cardpool acct? I made one for my adult daughter(I'm doing the work of buying discounted cards as I have more time to watch for better discounts when available, etc), with my address and phone, but used the credit card with her name(though it connects to my bank acct), and it worked fine. I'm wondering if I make one for a family member without their own cc acct, and I use my info, would that work or do they cross check in their database? That would mean their name and email is connected to the acct, but with our address, phone, and cc. Don't know that I really wanna do that, sort of a pain in the neck, but wondering if it's possible.

Last edited:
Also still waiting. However, I ordered a $75 Target GC and paid for it with another Target GC. It was an outside chance that it would generate the 20% off coupon, so I won't be too upset if I don't get it.

I also ordered a $75 Target GC and paid for it with a Target GC. I received the email saying I qualified for the 20% coupon (still waiting for it). I also used a GC to buy a GC earlier in the store and received the 20% coupon with no trouble at all. If I don't receive the email for the coupon tonight I will call Target in the morning.

New here, so sorry if this was already covered somewhere else, but does anyone on here apply their Target employee discount to Disney or eBay GCs? It doesn't seem to work in the stores, but online I was able to get it to work once in '13 or '14 before a WDW trip. Can't seem to get it to work now. Target is of no help, since they claim it should go through at check-out, yet it never does. Discount works for other purchases, just not GCs. Anyone else deal with this or have an answer. Thanks in advance!

Not sure if anyone wants this, but, Ebay has $100 ebay cards at $95 right now.
Hesitating on buying one for myself as I'm not sure how long it will take to get it, and then to buy a target gc and how long that will take to get.

Hesitating on buying one for myself as I'm not sure how long it will take to get it, and then to buy a target gc and how long that will take to get.

I bought one today and it delivered via email to me within an hour.

I bought one today and it delivered via email to me within an hour.

Oh, that's great! So, then are the target cards you can buy at ebay, egift cards, as well? Probably not free shipping though. I am extremely limited on time as my trip starts thur. I ordered from target on tues and go them today. Turns out the ship center is just a couple towns over. It went out for transit friday and came saturday. So, I realize anything I buy may be too late to get here by Wed, but I'm gonna try for some. If they don't come in time, I'll use them on our trip to DL in May, and use cash now with my AP discount which is 10% so better than no discount, lol. And, maybe I'll get lucky!

Oh, that's great! So, then are the target cards you can buy at ebay, egift cards, as well? Probably not free shipping though

Target gift cards are sold on eBay through various sellers, but typically they are physical gift cards. My experience with eBay's shipping speeds when I bought physical gift cards hasn't been very good - over a week. Typically shipping is not free, except on special sales.

Also, I was wondering if anyone knows, if I use a disney gc to purchase something in the store, can I use my AP card 10% discount with the disney gc? TIA

Yes, at least that's the way it works at Disneyland. Actually, you present your AP card to the cast member first so they know to apply the discount, then you pay the AP discounted price with a Disney gift card.

If it's through PayPal Digital Gifts, then it's delivered via email usually in about an hour (or not much longer).

Oh, that's great! So, then are the target cards you can buy at ebay, egift cards, as well? Probably not free shipping though. I am extremely limited on time as my trip starts thur. I ordered from target on tues and go them today. Turns out the ship center is just a couple towns over. It went out for transit friday and came saturday. So, I realize anything I buy may be too late to get here by Wed, but I'm gonna try for some. If they don't come in time, I'll use them on our trip to DL in May, and use cash now with my AP discount which is 10% so better than no discount, lol. And, maybe I'll get lucky!

Going the eBay route will not work for you if you're tight on time. Gift Card Mall, a business as opposed to individual sellers, is the major seller of Target gift cards on eBay. You can use eBay cards to pay for Target cards purchased through GCM, but GCM ships physical gift cards. GCM takes about two days to process and ship the gift cards, and it can take about a week or longer from close of auction for you to receive them. I believe GCM ships out of Nevada via USPS Critical Mail for gift cards valued at $200 and less, and UPS with signature confirmation for orders $200+. Once you receive the Target cards and use them to order Disney cards, it can take another week for you to receive the Disney gift cards.

Not sure if this was mentioned previously, so I apologize if this is redundant. Kroger has 4x fuel points until Dec 9th. On a $500 Disney gift card, you can save up to $2 per gallon x 35 gallons for a total of $70. You have to fill up twice as the max is $1 per gallon per Fill up.

Yes, at least that's the way it works at Disneyland. Actually, you present your AP card to the cast member first so they know to apply the discount, then you pay the AP discounted price with a Disney gift card.

If it's through PayPal Digital Gifts, then it's delivered via email usually in about an hour (or not much longer).

Going the eBay route will not work for you if you're tight on time. Gift Card Mall, a business as opposed to individual sellers, is the major seller of Target gift cards on eBay. You can use eBay cards to pay for Target cards purchased through GCM, but GCM ships physical gift cards. GCM takes about two days to process and ship the gift cards, and it can take about a week or longer from close of auction for you to receive them. I believe GCM ships out of Nevada via USPS Critical Mail for gift cards valued at $200 and less, and UPS with signature confirmation for orders $200+. Once you receive the Target cards and use them to order Disney cards, it can take another week for you to receive the Disney gift cards.

Thank you, Lain! Yeah, gotta remember to give it to them first, good point, thx for the heads up, I'd probably not have thought of it the first time. Yeah, ebay route definitely won't work, maybe if some good deals come out in early next year I can try it for our DL trip. Thanks for letting me now how it works in detail, appreciate it!

Gets a bit complicated trying to save some money on the disney gc's, but definitely kinda fun when it's working well! Not so fun these days when Raise and cardpool have such low percentages. Still kicking myself for not grabbing some Raise target cards a couple months ago when I saw them at 7 and 7 1/2 %, I was waiting for them to get even better especially for black friday and all they did since then was get much worse, lol. I wonder if this has happened in the past, and if after a few months, they went back up again?

I also ordered a $75 Target GC and paid for it with a Target GC. I received the email saying I qualified for the 20% coupon (still waiting for it). I also used a GC to buy a GC earlier in the store and received the 20% coupon with no trouble at all. If I don't receive the email for the coupon tonight I will call Target in the morning.

I just called Target as I did not receive my 20% coupon. They said they are backed up and are still sending out the emails today. If I don't have the email by tomorrow, I should call back. I was given a case number to reference should I need it tomorrow. My order was placed around 6 pm EST.

If you live by a Shop Rite, they have a deal to purchase $100 or more in GC and receive $15 off your next shopping trip.

I have read that Disney does read these threads and I wonder what they think of this one. I just wonder if it enters their minds that this is a different way that we can save some money, therefore reducing discounts even further. I guess thats a long shot, but I just wonder.

I have read that Disney does read these threads and I wonder what they think of this one. I just wonder if it enters their minds that this is a different way that we can save some money, therefore reducing discounts even further. I guess thats a long shot, but I just wonder.
Interesting theory, but I kind of doubt that Disney marketing cares about a very small segment of their visitors getting these discounts. The majority of their visitors are not flocking there because they were able to purchase GCs and get fuel perks for it. Many more are drawn in by the discounts offered. After all, who doesn't love *free* food or a kids stay and play for *free* offer?

Just looked online and Disney cards do not appear to be included in the "select" category. Perhaps in store signage will show differently.
The online offer is only for digital GCs. Disney GCs are physical. Unfortunately, eBay GCs (which ARE digital) are not included in this offer. It would have been nice if they had been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter