Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Amex has Universal Orlando vacation package - spend $500 get $100 back until 10/12.

I also have a TripFuel offer $50 back when you spend $200 in a single transaction - up to 3 credits. I do not see anything good for WDW but if going to DLR Del Sol comes to $104 per night if you do separate reservations (3 reservations for 2 nights at a time for best discount) for some dates. I even checked for next year and was able to see those rates for May.

Last edited:
Is the RMN deal for 10% back at Best Buy on weekly ad items still good for gift cards? I got $100 for Hulu last week as a test and would like to get more.

Also Raise has 5% off on Target cards today only. I would like to take advantage but nervous to buy as i am waiting for a diaper sale at Target and thats not this week and i have read it is best to buy and use right away.
Is that good on any gift cards?

May be jumping into this thread 2050 pages too late, but are there any must-have gift card deals at the moment? We're 3 weeks away! Thanks!

If you have a Kroger in your area they have 4X fuel points this Fri-Mon when you add the digital coupon. If you get 1000 fuel points that saves you $1/gallon on gas up to 30 gallons. So if you buy $250 worth of GCs to get that and you use the full 30 gallons (DH and I take both cars over together and fill them both up on the same transaction, done people take gas containers too) then you “save” $30 which is over 10%. Other than that check your credit card offers to see if anything applies. You can buy an online only membership for BJs to get a bit of a discount on GCs. If you belong to Sam’s Club you can buy them there. Some of the cash back portals have Sam’s on them but I’m not sure if the GCs always credit as I have never tried.

By working for you, do you mean it has gone pending or have you actually gotten the payout? A number of people have reported that Best Buy purchases have gone pending on RMN but no one has yet reported they actually got the payout yet. (on purchases after April 15).

Pending. But I have yet to have anything from RMN not pay out once it went pending. I guess there's always the possibility of that, but I have yet to encounter it.

If you have a Kroger in your area they have 4X fuel points this Fri-Mon when you add the digital coupon. If you get 1000 fuel points that saves you $1/gallon on gas up to 30 gallons. So if you buy $250 worth of GCs to get that and you use the full 30 gallons (DH and I take both cars over together and fill them both up on the same transaction, done people take gas containers too) then you “save” $30 which is over 10%. Other than that check your credit card offers to see if anything applies. You can buy an online only membership for BJs to get a bit of a discount on GCs. If you belong to Sam’s Club you can buy them there. Some of the cash back portals have Sam’s on them but I’m not sure if the GCs always credit as I have never tried.

Do you mind telling us what state you’re in? I’m in Ohio and the Kroger fuel limit here is 35 gallons, making it a $35 savings on $250 in gift cards during the fuel promotion. Just curious to know where it’s different. I’ve been to some Kroger fuel stations in TN where you can use more than 1000 fuel points at a time, so that’s a little different too. Wish we could do that in Ohio. I’d be buying more gift cards than I do. As it is, I stick to 3-4 fill ups per month. Depending on if it’s mowing season or not.

Do you mind telling us what state you’re in? I’m in Ohio and the Kroger fuel limit here is 35 gallons, making it a $35 savings on $250 in gift cards during the fuel promotion. Just curious to know where it’s different. I’ve been to some Kroger fuel stations in TN where you can use more than 1000 fuel points at a time, so that’s a little different too. Wish we could do that in Ohio. I’d be buying more gift cards than I do. As it is, I stick to 3-4 fill ups per month. Depending on if it’s mowing season or not.
It's 35 gallons in Albuquerque also. Smith's (Kroger's) also has additional fuel point for every dollar this week (gc not included). I shop once a month so $300 in groceries will be 600 fuel points then I'll get a $100 DGC at 4X to make my 1000.

I’m sorry, you’re right, it’s 35 here in IN also. We usually never make it quite to 30 with our small tanks so that’s probably why I was thinking that. I logged in and went to the faqs to verify and it is 35.

I’m sorry, you’re right, it’s 35 here in IN also. We usually never make it quite to 30 with our small tanks so that’s probably why I was thinking that. I logged in and went to the faqs to verify and it is 35.

Ah, ok! Sometimes we go on road trips and it’s nice to know what states might be different. We’re neighbors then. :hippie:

I had 2 BB offers ($250/25back) on our Amex's. I ran 2 orders through ($150/$100) on my card on the 30th. As usual, got an email instantly from Amex. RMN went pending this morning (8/2). It was the 10% cb on weekly ad items. I'm not getting my hopes up, but as others had reported it did at least go pending.
I got the Amex offer for BB. Did you have to spend the full $250 before you got the Amex email or did you get the notification after the first purchase (before hitting the full $250)? I purchased $50 so far and was going to wait until the RMN went pending to purchase the balance.

Have you ever gotten paid on the BB 10% or just see it as pending? I saw another post saying it goes pending but they haven't actually paid out in the last 4 months.

On Monday I bought a bunch of gift cards to use up our Amex offers

BB 2x 250, not pending still

Staples 3x50 (well, like 51.50 for disney with their extra fee. But I'm way too lazy to drive 40 minutes to a staples.) All 3 of these are pending for a total of $6.24.

Even if it doesn't work I still ended up with $80 off my total of $650 (assuming Amex plays nice and does their part).

update: everything from BB went pending! I think that works out to be 21% off between Amex and RMN. Not too shabby.

Last edited:
My last 2 ibotta purchases from Sams are still pending. Have been for a week. It usually pays out quickly. I hope they aren't putting a stop to it.

I got the Amex offer for BB. Did you have to spend the full $250 before you got the Amex email or did you get the notification after the first purchase (before hitting the full $250)? I purchased $50 so far and was going to wait until the RMN went pending to purchase the balance.

Have you ever gotten paid on the BB 10% or just see it as pending? I saw another post saying it goes pending but they haven't actually paid out in the last 4 months.

You're a little confused. That's not what was said. The poster said that no one had reported a Best Buy payout since April. That's different than saying RMN hasn't paid out since then. Best Buy didn't have any good deals until July when it offered 15% cash back. It takes RMN 45 days to pay out, so we're at/getting close to when you will see reports of payouts.

After the 15% cash back offer ended, the offer was updated to 10% cash back on weekly ad items. People bought gift cards through this offer, and the purchases have gone pending, but we're all waiting to see if they will pay out since gift cards aren't actually weekly ad items.

@JamieW Thank you for the clarification. This is one of those seems too good to be true things to me. But I'm jumping in and giving it a try. I just didn't want to get too far in if it wasn't working (way I interpreted the post). I still have the deal with the AMEX so I will wait a day or 2 to see if my purchase from Monday pops up as pending then spend the rest I need to get my $25 with Amex.

@Cruising Engineer I look forward to hearing you got paid! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter