Disney Genie announcement

Looking at DHS right now, a little after 11am ET, I still see Genie+ for everything except SDD, which is showing as down, and ILL for MMRR. That's promising for getting at least a second G+ if DHS is your first park. I don't see stacking G+ much on very busy days. Glad we switched one of our Epcot days to DHS for Thanksgiving week. With 2 park reservations and the willingness to pay for G+ and ILL, I think we can get it all in. It's not the end of the world if we don't, since we have ridden them all before. DHS is really going to be a 2+ day park for a while when it's really busy, if you want to do everything.
Very low bar. Geez WDW has you hook, line and sinker. Buy whatever they make you if you don’t want to wait hours, book an extra day in the park just to get what was free for the last 10+ years.

Last edited:
Hmm, I thought I checked (from home) right at 11am and it showed early-mid afternoon for ToT and RnRC and maybe one other ride? Obviously SDD was gone. MFSR was like 7:20pm I think. Right now I can see ToT for 4:50 and ST for 1:45 and Alien Saucers for 4pm.

I suspect rides go VERY quick at 11 again and I checked at exactly 11.

It is recommended that guests who are looking for LL passes refresh on a regular basis as new options are offered as others change their plans. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Hmm, I thought I checked (from home) right at 11am and it showed early-mid afternoon for ToT and RnRC and maybe one other ride? Obviously SDD was gone. MFSR was like 7:20pm I think. Right now I can see ToT for 4:50 and ST for 1:45 and Alien Saucers for 4pm.

I suspect rides go VERY quick at 11 again and I checked at exactly 11.
I always forget to check, do you know if LLs were available for the shows? BatB, Frozen, etc?

Right now only SDD, MFSR, and Rise are out completely. I guess if you care about Star Wars it's definitely a bummer for you. But I'd gladly take a late Tower of Terror and R&R roller coaster. Rise is probably a good ILL$ buy and After SDD, MFSR would probably be my "11 AM" choice.

We are going in 2 weeks. Plan for 1030-430. HS. My plan is buy ROR at 7, and also LL Smugglers, both for 11-12 hopefully. At 1103 or right then book Mania, TOT or RRRC. The only 3 others we are really interested in. After tapping into Smugglers book another one of those. Obviously for location prefer Mania first then the other 2. We have lunch at 130. Does this sound do able for how LL times are running?

If you’re buying ROTR and booking MFSR (smugglers run); I would book TOT as that sells out and pushes into the evening. If you get ToT late afternoon, you can wait 2 hours after booking it (after scanning into MFSR) and then book SDD if you’re in the same area. If SDD is already pushing towards late evening, then switch Strategy. Also think about the weather and if it’s possible to wait In standby.

Last edited:
Yeah, across the park but the goal is to fit everything into that time frame. We have a Droid experience at 330, so I wonder if I should book Smugglers trying for a 230 or so, and do the other 3 after Rise. Id pick Rise for later but it goes down so much I thought doing ti early has best chance of getting on.

In our experience Genie+ was sending us across the park but I kept refreshing and finally got TSMM 2 hours away after slinky.

Same thing with little mermaid Ride in MK. Wait time was 25 mins but Genie showed no pass for 2+ hours(no one in LL). We were trying for 4 people so sometimes it would show availability for a ride in an hour but while booking would push it 2-3hours

I saved about 4,000 steps this time per day

Last edited:
Has anyone posted what order is recommended for Genie+ rides in each park, based on how quickly they go or get pushed into late times. Assuming not trying to stack for the evening.

Tom over at Disney Tourist Blog has rankings out for MK and DHS. The top rides are the ones selling out the quickest

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/?s=Genie++Priorities+&+Lightning+Lane+Ride+Ranks
Here now and it’s been a complete disaster. The paid ILL/IAS for rotr and fop sold out in less than 30 seconds. Only got SDD at 7am and toy story mania at 11am for genie+ yesterday as everything else sold out. Lines were 60-200 mins long.

had to wake up at 6:55 every morning. Had 3 of us trying for rides and couldn’t get them

this broke me. I hate genie+ and hate what Disney has become. I’m done for good.

I’ve been done with DHS for almost 2 years now. Zero plans of going back. I’ll be looking at universal for WOHP before I’ll even consider DHS again. Too much aggravation, money, wasted time, crowds and disappointment. It’s just not worth it anymore. And Disney’s answer to what was already going on, in raising prices and turning out paid for ILL didn’t fix the same b.s. that was going on with the virtual q’s, which were at least free. When you can’t make a ride that actually functions, well that just makes it all worse. Disney, disney can’t make a ride that functions without constant breakdowns! What the heck?

We’ve never been on SSD and never will. It would have to be the best ride in history for me to even consider the aggravation of trying. We swore we were never going back after our 2/20 trip, but now we are, as DVCer’s, but outside of occasional Epcot (BWV owners) and a little AKP, no long lines or big waits or intense crowds for us EVER again.

Dee

Had whole family up again this morning to buy Rise at 7:00:00 we clicked, had 9:40 am and went through the remaining clicks and hit purchase. Then it said “something went wrong” because my time was no longer available and made me start over and all ILL for rise were sold out. Total joke. Wake up at 6:55 again, wake whole family up and then miss it again. I’m a resort guest and had 2 of my 4 days set aside for HS and couldn’t get rise once. This system sucks bad. I hate what Disney has become.

Had whole family up again this morning to buy Rise at 7:00:00 we clicked, had 9:40 am and went through the remaining clicks and hit purchase. Then it said “something went wrong” because my time was no longer available and made me start over and all ILL for rise were sold out. Total joke. Wake up at 6:55 again, wake whole family up and then miss it again. I’m a resort guest and had 2 of my 4 days set aside for HS and couldn’t get rise once. This system sucks bad. I hate what Disney has become.
Sounds oh so magical. :(

Reactions: itf
That's so frustrating. I thought if your time wasn't available, you'd get next available time. That's dumb that it just kicked you out.

That's so frustrating. I thought if your time wasn't available, you'd get next available time. That's dumb that it just kicked you out.

You can't really do that when people are paying, in case they have other conflicting reservations or are hopping, plus there's no refund process etc... if you get given a time you can't use.

You can't really do that when people are paying, in case they have other conflicting reservations or are hopping, plus there's no refund process etc... if you get given a time you can't use.
That makes sense, but what else are people supposed to do, the natural thing is to click the first time available, so hundreds of people would be trying for the same time. And between that and Slinky, it's basically as bad as the virtual queue where if things weren't perfect in 2 seconds, you get nothing.

Heck, it'd be better to pay to be in a virtual queue than pay for a return time that won't exist when you try to checkout.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter