Disney Genie announcement

Unfortunately, it sounds like it will work by asking them to pay $15pp per day...

Idk, interesting timing they announced this before they announced new pricing on APs. It is possible they will have a new tier AP that includes Genie+ for a substantial upcharge.

I am not familiar with the DLR programs. Did APs there get Maxpass included? Or did they pay for it every day they wanted it?

I meant as in only able to get 2-3 passes in a full day due to reservations being filled / needing to wait for your current pass to be used to check next availability. You'll not be able to get anything out of the pass to make it worth $15.
We would get at least 10-12 a day, some days especially at MK that number was closer to 15. I've gotten as many as 19 in one day. Even if we get a few less than our average, this is more than worth it for me.

I can't construe any scenario in which paying $60 for my family for what used to be free is a "great new offering" as all of the PR I've just read wants to spin this. We're paying more than double what we paid the last time we did the Christmas party. We're paying thousands more to stay at a value resort than when we stayed at a moderate. We don't even have the dining plan as an option. And now I have the privilege of paying at least $360 more to not wait hours to ride Pirates but if I want the same benefit for Seven Dwarves, will need to pay even more. This is... not magical.

I'm super disappointed. I've felt on the fence, waiting to see what perks might be extended to on-site guests, given everything. I just don't see the point with them (WDW) any more.
So for your $1000 300sq foot room, you want more than a 2 hour head start to book 1 ride? And we think Disney is greedy!

*Obviously this is sarcasm. My sarcasm font wasn't working.

If you look closely at the longer video in the Disney Parks Blog article, you can see;

Magic Kingdom rides with separate pay for Lightning Lane:
- Space Mountain
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
(Could be more rides)

Magic Kingdom rides with Genie+ $ 15 per day per ticket Lightning Lane:
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear
- Haunted Mansion
- Jungle Cruise
- Astro Orbiter
- Barnstormer
- Dumbo
- Enchanted Tales Belle
- Small World
- Mad Tea Party
- Winnie the Pooh
- Pirates of the Caribbean
(And more rides not in the video)

Idk, interesting timing they announced this before they announced new pricing on APs. It is possible they will have a new tier AP that includes Genie+ for a substantial upcharge.

I am not familiar with the DLR programs. Did APs there get Maxpass included? Or did they pay for it every day they wanted it?
But they announced DL pass program a few weeks ago and Genie will be at both resorts...no mention of Genie "included"

You may be right, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

It sounds like Disney could use Genie to suggest "pseudo attractions" to people to get them to disperse a little more. For example, maybe it will suggest something like "go look at the model train in Germany for 10 minutes." I hope they do. 1. People should appreciate the details and it will help to have Genie tell them about it, but more importantly 2. It will disperse crowding

Price point works for my family and honestly a little surprised that it wasn't more. While I had no issue with booking FP+ in advance, I'm very happy this doesn't require advance planning as I would always book thrill rides but sometimes I wasn't up for them on the day/time I had selected months in advance. I'm glad that my first trip with Genie+ won't be until Jan and hopefully we'll have plenty of first hand reports by then and the inevitable kinks will be worked out.

I can't imagine a case where I'd be extra to ride one of these 3 minute rides....especially space mountain. Most of us have been on that ride many, many times.
Depending on the price, I will pay for both of them at 7am, especially if I only have one day at the park.

Here is a 15 minute video on it from Disney.

only 2 Max per day per person lightning lane individual passes. (which I like)

You get photopass at Disneyland so its pretty much maxpass.

The AI element of Disney Genie seems very good if it works.

Overall I think this is an good as it could have been especially compared to Paris.

I've read each post and a bunch of blogs since this came out a few hours ago... All I hear is "fall" as the launch date...

Next trip is October 17th, should I assume this will be live then!?!?!

While I hate that what was once free seems to have a charge now, $15 isn't all that bad. But it does seem like nickel and diming... Include it in the park ticket...

Price point works for my family and honestly a little surprised that it wasn't more. While I had no issue with booking FP+ in advance, I'm very happy this doesn't require advance planning as I would always book thrill rides but sometimes I wasn't up for them on the day/time I had selected months in advance. I'm glad that my first trip with Genie+ won't be until Jan and hopefully we'll have plenty of first hand reports by then and the inevitable kinks will be worked out.
We'll see how it works out, but my general theory is the less planning is required, the less of an advantage planners (pretty much everyone on this thread) will have.

I've read each post and a bunch of blogs since this came out a few hours ago... All I hear is "fall" as the launch date...

While I hate that what was once free seems to have a charge now, $15 isn't all that bad. But it does seem like nickel and diming... Include it in the park ticket...
Oct 1 is the "magic" date for everything else. Hard to believe this wouldn't be included.

Technically fall is until 12/21 this year, so could be any time until then lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter