Disney fantasy stateroom question

CinderellasSister

DIS Veteran
Hey all! I need your help. Has anyone stayed in room 9508 on the Fantasy? I'm curious to know if it has a murphy bed in it or not. I know it sleeps 4, but DCL can't seem to tell me if it has the bed from the ceiling or the murphy bed from the wall. I'm concerned on weight limits, and would prefer the murphy bed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!

If it's category 4, it has the murphy bed. If it's category 5, then it has bunk beds.

Hey all! I need your help. Has anyone stayed in room 9508 on the Fantasy? I'm curious to know if it has a murphy bed in it or not. I know it sleeps 4, but DCL can't seem to tell me if it has the bed from the ceiling or the murphy bed from the wall. I'm concerned on weight limits, and would prefer the murphy bed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!
According to reports here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=9508

there is a convertible sofa and a Murphy bed (no drop-down bunk), well on the Dream (but they are sister ships).

An easy way to find out is to go into in Dream or Fantasy cruise and check to see if that room is available. If it is, change it to 5 people and see if it still shows up.

An easy way to find out is to go into in Dream or Fantasy cruise and check to see if that room is available. If it is, change it to 5 people and see if it still shows up.
Except, on the new website, you can't select a specific room to see it it's available. Maybe you can do this on a 3rd party site?

If it's category 4, it has the murphy bed. If it's category 5, then it has bunk beds.

This is not true. We have cruised in 2 category 4a staterooms and neither had a murphy bed. They both had an upper berth and slept 4. Some staterooms sleep 3, some 4 and some 5. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to determine which is which other than checking that specific stateroom's reports.

Martin

Not true. We had 2 different cat 4a rooms on the Fantasy for our B2B. One slept 4 (queen bed, sofa, bunk), the other slept 5 (queen bed, sofa, bunk, and Murphy bed).

We have booked adjoining (connecting door between) staterooms on the Fantasy in Category 4 twice. My wife, my two kids and I were in one stateroom, and my parents were in the other. Our room had the queen bed, sofa bed and the drop-down-from-the-ceiling bed. My parents room was identical, except they also had a murphy bed that came down by the sliding glass door. The murphy bed makes for a slightly smaller feeling stateroom, to be honest.

Flash forward two years later, and we booked the same staterooms for our next cruise, except we had our new 11-month-old daughter with us. (What a difference two years makes!) For this second cruise, we had to swap staterooms because we now had a total of five in our cabin and needed the murphy bed for capacity reasons, even though our daughter was sleeping in a Pack n Play.

Disney should be able to give you the skinny on how many people can sleep in a stateroom (i.e., whether there is a Murphy bed). These stateroom capacity issues are critical in assigning staterooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter