• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Executive Producer admits to actively trying to "add queerness" and a "not-at-all-secret gay agenda"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not commenting one way or another, but just giving you their own words and statements....

Disney executive producer Latoya Raveneau says her team has implemented a "not-at-all-secret gay agenda" and is regularly "adding queerness" to children's programming.

Disney corporate president Karey Burke says, "as the mother [of] one transgender child and one pansexual child," she supports having "many, many, many LGBTQIA characters in our stories" and wants a minimum of 50 percent of characters to be LGBTQIA and racial minorities.

Disney production coordinator Allen March says his team is committed to "exploring queer stories" and has created a "tracker" to make sure they are creating enough "gender nonconforming characters," "canonical trans characters," and "canonical bisexual characters."

Disney diversity and inclusion manager Vivian Ware says the company has eliminated all mentions of "ladies," "gentlemen," "boys," and "girls" in its theme parks in order to create "that magical moment" for children who do not identify with traditional gender roles.

Good for them. Inclusion is a good thing.

The way some states in our country are trying to criminalize these folks lives is shameful.

Let people live how they want too.

Disney has almost always been friendly for the gay community.

Disney corporate president Karey Burke says, "as the mother [of] one transgender child and one pansexual child," she supports having "many, many, many LGBTQIA characters in our stories" and wants a minimum of 50 percent of characters to be LGBTQIA and racial minorities.

That's the most ridiculous I've read in a long time! The groups she's talking about do not represent that large of a portion of the community so why should they represent that big of a section of people in the stories? Did things going to run everyone with normal off!

That's the most ridiculous I've read in a long time! The groups she's talking about do not represent that large of a portion of the community so why should they represent that big of a section of people in the stories? Did things going to run everyone with normal off!

What percentage do you think minorities represent in American society?

Spoiler alert, it's more than you think. Combined with LGBTQIA+, it IS close to 50%, if not more.

What percentage do you think minorities represent in American society?

Spoiler alert, it's more than you think. Combined with LGBTQIA+, it IS close to 50%, if not more.
And, for what it's worth, America isn't the only country in the world (I know you know that - just pointing it out for others). There's a reason people reflect on the Global Majority to dismiss the term "minorities".

And, yet again, disabilities, especially mobility limitations, deaf, and vision-impaired, are not considered and represented.

How many current TV shows have anyone with a significant disabilities?

yes, there was one person with a mobility/hearing/vision disability recognized at the Oscars. One.

Personally, I think Rufo did some creative editing, because the whole thing seems WAY over the top. I suspect a little digging and you could discredit most of the “evidence “ he’s putting forth.

Personally, I think Rufo did some creative editing, because the whole thing seems WAY over the top. I suspect a little digging and you could discredit most of the “evidence “ he’s putting forth.
Rufo is an activist and a borderline propagandist, but this is real.

Disney upset their progressive cast members, and now they're over-correcting and making it clear that politically conservative cast members are not welcome at the company.

Disney upset their progressive cast members, and now they're over-correcting and making it clear that politically conservative cast members are not welcome at the company.
I still suspect creative editing. This is just too extreme & weird. The only sites covering Rufo’s big “expose” aren’t straight news sites. If word for word those executives said all of that, major tv & print media would cover it. I’ll be checking my WSJ carefully for a few days.

It's got nothing to do with political views of cast members it got to do with their morals (or lack of).

I still suspect creative editing. This is just too extreme & weird. The only sites covering Rufo’s big “expose” aren’t straight news sites. If word for word those executives said all of that, major tv & print media would cover it. I’ll be checking my WSJ carefully for a few days.
I'm sorry but that is hard for me to believe - major news sites haven't covered actual important, critical news over the last few years. They then come out a year or two later and say "oh yeah, that did happen".

I just checked the WSJ searching for Chris Rufo expose on Disney executives - nothing showed. Then tried Disney executives and got articles on the CEO and his response to Florida’s bill, worker walkouts etc… but nothing close to what Rufo is putting out. Unless it shows up in actual news media, it doesn’t hold it to scrutiny. We’ll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter