Disney Dream room #5038 (Cat 5E).....thoughts???

golfermike35

Vacation Fans
This appears to be a larger than normal verandah room. Has anyone stayed in a room like this.....we got this for our parents (deck 5 forward) while we are on deck 12.

Any feedback or advice would be great!!!

Mike

thoughts on any of the Cat 5E rooms would be appreciated.......or should I try to move them to a higher deck on the ship?

We had one of these and LOVED it! Booked same room (5534) and next door for October. We measured it to be about 7 feet out from other verandahs. Still have the privacy of the regular size and then the extra. You'll have the 2 regular chairs and table and then 2 recliners. :dance3:

Below you is the Walt Disney theatre or the lobby and stores so there is very little noise. We stayed in 5022 and loved it. It was close to everything, and very quiet when the shows were not on.

I would grab the room.

Just got off Dream and had #5038..It was a great room if you're a small family. There is a queen bed and a couch that folds out. That's it. The couch sleeps one. The queen bed sleeps two. That's it..There was no pulldown. It's obviously meant to be paired with #5040. If you've got more than three people, go for another room. It is quiet. No complaints. There were three of us so it was perfect.

Just got off Dream and had #5038..It was a great room if you're a small family. There is a queen bed and a couch that folds out. That's it. The couch sleeps one. The queen bed sleeps two. That's it..There was no pulldown. It's obviously meant to be paired with #5040. If you've got more than three people, go for another room. It is quiet. No complaints. There were three of us so it was perfect.

Just because cabins connect does not mean that they "are meant to be paired". They can be, but do not have to be.

As far as that category... I got "upgraded" to 5044 (same category) from a GTY and it was not my favorite. I like being as high and far forward as you can get without being concierge (which I don't feel the need to be) - I didn't let it ruin my cruise, but I'll never voluntarily book there again. Just my preference.

OP - I will note that you mentioned you're on Deck 12, which is Concierge. Just making sure you're aware that your parents will not be allowed to partake of things like the Concierge Happy Hour and such if they are not booked into a Concierge cabin.

I think you missed the nuance… What I was getting at is that it is a small room that would probably serve a larger family with the attachment of room 5040 instead of standing alone. If we had another person along with us, it would have been cramped and uncomfortable. Other sites list this room as able to hold five, I don't see how unless they sleep on the veranda. Which obviously cannot happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter