Disney done differently, (BOG dining updates pages 202 and 203)

7187 was the magic number! Now if only there was magic in finding the room, and poof you were there! Parking at 7A was plenty, but we didn’t have any idea where our room was in 7A, except for 1st floor. We grabbed our suitcase and headed off to find out room. (Yes, I am getting better at packing. I managed to pack all of our clothing into 1 suitcase!!)

First we went this way. But the count of room numbers went the wrong way. So we turned around an went that way just a stair well. The stair wells in 7A are pretty hidden. We never did find the elevator. That way didn’t work, so we changed direction again. This hallway the numbers went another way. But not the way we needed them to go. There was only 1 hall way left. We took this one. It winded this way and that, but the numbers were going the correct way!! We found 7187!!!!

P1010363.jpg

P1010355.jpg

P1010356.jpg

The interior of most of the rooms look identical at CSR. This room was different from our rooms in March and August, in that it was a corner room with 2 windows!!

P1010354.jpg

P1010364.jpg

The rest of the interior looked the same as the other 2 rooms.

CSR Room Interior Pictures

The view out the window was that of the desert.

P1010352.jpg

P1010361.jpg

P1010359.jpg

P1010358.jpg

P1010357.jpg

As you can see, there was no microwave in the room. The cm who checked me in, called mousekeeping to request it. She was sure to inform me that one would be brought to me if it was available.

P1010364.jpg

We were starved, as both Goofy and Anakin basicially rolled out of bed and into the car. Not quite that literal, but you get the point.

We set off to meet up with LisaB (mommy2mrb) and her daughter at Cosmic Rays at the MK!!

Lovin' your updates so far... totally stalking your TR to see more! :)

D~

Great report! can't wait for more!

:welcome::welcome: Thanks! So excited to see more people posting!

I see you stayed at All Star Family Suites! I'd like to check out your report! I found a great rate for winter, but not sure if it would be worth it. Did you enjoy your stay?

:welcome::welcome: marivaid and DMGeurts!! Glad to have you both along! So glad you posted.

Sometimes I feel like I am posting one of my son's monologues, lol. Except that it's Disney instead of Legos or Star Wars.

Actually... I am kind of waiting for you to post certain pictures... LOL Hoping for pics from HoB when Rachel played... because I can't wait for Judy and Lisa to get home. :banana: Did I say that I am impatient??? :worship:

D~ <--- Actually - I am reaaaalllly patient. :lovestruc

Notice that Anakin is not wearing shoes in this picture.

P1010354.jpg

Unfortunately, I found them…when I tripped over them. I twisted my ankle to the point where it really smarted, but I wasn’t limping or anything. This was the first of the shoe issues. You’ll want to remember this. I made a rule about no shoes laying on the floor where they could trip someone. Apparently, the cobbler’s elves take this rule very seriously.

Finding our way back to the car was a real challenge for me after all our zigging and zagging to find the room. I was completely disoriented. I had no clue which way was the Dig Site. I actually had to step aside and let Goofy lead us to the car.

Actually... I am kind of waiting for you to post certain pictures... LOL Hoping for pics from HoB when Rachel played... because I can't wait for Judy and Lisa to get home. :banana: Did I say that I am impatient??? :worship:

D~ <--- Actually - I am reaaaalllly patient. :lovestruc

Lol! That was Friday night. I'm only at lunch time on Friday. Don't you just hate those TRs that S-T-R-E-T-C-H it out!

I have decided that I will only post 1 picture of her performing as a tease and let the story of the performance be Judy's to tell. I took a few videos and over 100 pictures that night. I will post the pics of Anakin with the kids, our food, and the DIS meet. (Other wise I will be on my Feb 2012 trip before everyone gets up to the same point on their Oct TRs.)

Tink -- Glad to hear you got a nice room in Ranchos! And to boot, it was a double-window room! How awesome is that? I'm much jealous. :thumbsup2

Also glad to hear that check-in was a breeze. We had issues finding our room, as well - went this way and that - when we stayed in May. But the search was worth it! :cloud9:

Sorry to hear of your shoe-ankle disaster! :eek: I do hope it settled down quickly! :guilty:

Can't wait to hear more!

Tink -- Glad to hear you got a nice room in Ranchos! And to boot, it was a double-window room! How awesome is that? I'm much jealous. :thumbsup2

Also glad to hear that check-in was a breeze. We had issues finding our room, as well - went this way and that - when we stayed in May. But the search was worth it! :cloud9:

Sorry to hear of your shoe-ankle disaster! :eek: I do hope it settled down quickly! :guilty:

Can't wait to hear more!

Lidian!!! It's so great to see you back! How are the kids doing? Anakin still asks when we will see the pirate boy and mermaid.

We ended up loving our room. It was so quiet!! We have heard anyone else. First time ever at a Disney resort. Not even a toilet flush!

We prefer to drive to parks on our own, we parked at the TTC. Right away we noticed the new traffic lights for the trams.

P1010387.jpg

P1010386.jpg

The trams were driving on the “wrong” side of the rode! Disney must think we are in the UK?

There was a new window at the ticket window. Only one of the windows had the new design.

P1010365.jpg

P1010590.jpg

The Move it, Shake It parade was going on when we got to the hub.

P1010370-1.jpg

When we got to Cosmic Rays, Lisa and Megan were already seated at a table. It’s a good thing, that restaurant filled up quickly after we got there! Goofy, Anakin and Megan stayed at the table while Lisa and I ordered. She went to Bay 1 and I went to the hamburger bay.

I got Goofy the Angus bacon burger. Chicken nuggets, of course, for Anakin. And I got a kid’s turkey sandwich. I didn’t take any pictures.

After lunch we headed to Buzz Lightyear!! On the way, we saw PUSH!!!!!

P1010373-2.jpg

P1010372-1.jpg

P1010375.jpg

P1010374.jpg

We rode Buzz!

P1010376.jpg

P1010378.jpg

P1010380.jpg

We were heading to another attraction walking through Fantasyland when the heat got to Megan and we parted ways.

We headed back to Tomorrowland. Anakin had just recently seen Monster’s Inc. He wanted to go to the laugh floor. We had never used the GAC here. Not sure why we decided to start today. That put us in a different queue. He was all beside himself that he couldn’t touch things he touched in the other line. He wanted to jump out of the wheelchair and run to those things. He didn’t care if that wasn’t cool. All he had on his mind was touching them like he’s done before. He had a bit of a meltdown in queue. It stopped as soon as we moved to the next room and the tv distracted him. In seconds he went from Mr. Hyde, back to Dr. Jekyll. He was giggling and getting so excited to go inside.

P1010381.jpg

P1010382-1.jpg

We were hot too, and decided to head back to CSR to rest. We walked through the stores on the way out to stay cool. I really like these bags!

P1010384.jpg

P1010383.jpg

We took the ferry back to the TTC. They only had one ferry running. We had just missed the one leaving. It took nearly 30 minutes to return. Anakin was anxious waiting, but very happy once we got on board!

P1010385.jpg

Next up…Camp Fire

Lol! That was Friday night. I'm only at lunch time on Friday. Don't you just hate those TRs that S-T-R-E-T-C-H it out!

I have decided that I will only post 1 picture of her performing as a tease and let the story of the performance be Judy's to tell.
I took a few videos and over 100 pictures that night. I will post the pics of Anakin with the kids, our food, and the DIS meet. (Other wise I will be on my Feb 2012 trip before everyone gets up to the same point on their Oct TRs.)

I totally understand... I'm lovin' all the pictures you are posting though... It looks as though Anakin is having a blast though! :lovestruc

D~

I totally understand... I'm lovin' all the pictures you are posting though... It looks as though Anakin is having a blast though! :lovestruc

D~

Glad you understand.

I go picture overboard. When I don't take a picture of something dh teases me.

Today we were at Epcot with Lisa and Megan until lunch time. People looked at me like I was nuts taking pics of all the food, napkins, tables. Ok, maybe I am nuts. I love Disney's attention to detail!

Goofy and Anakin were still outside with the bellman. He was making balloon animals. Balloons are taboo at our house because of Grumpy’s latex allergy. So this really intrigued Anakin!! We walked back to the car and headed to park at 7A.

Great updates! I looks so nice and sunny and warm there! It has been as low as 42 here in the morning when I leave for work..so getting chilly.

And, my dd has a latex allergy too. I often times feel she misses out on those balloon fun activities... but yes, taboo here too. She stays away from things with latex pretty good all on her own... but I think she would be fascinated too if she saw someone making balloon animals.

I like your corner room. I had wanted one when we stayed at POR but sadly didn't get one.

Sorry you got hurt tripping over shoes. I hate that when it happens...but to have a lot of walking to do would make it that much more frustrating.

I am like you with morning meaning early, I would rather leave early so that I can squeeze in as many hours at the parks that I can.

I love the two windows in your room. How nice that you got the building you wanted that is always nice. I love the idea of online check in. They don't have that at Disneyland, or they didn't in February.

You can tell how hot it was from the pictures. Its so hard to have fun when it's hot like that.

Great updates! I looks so nice and sunny and warm there! It has been as low as 42 here in the morning when I leave for work..so getting chilly.

And, my dd has a latex allergy too. I often times feel she misses out on those balloon fun activities... but yes, taboo here too. She stays away from things with latex pretty good all on her own... but I think she would be fascinated too if she saw someone making balloon animals.

I like your corner room. I had wanted one when we stayed at POR but sadly didn't get one.

Sorry you got hurt tripping over shoes. I hate that when it happens...but to have a lot of walking to do would make it that much more frustrating.

This morning was chilly!!! It was 60-some degrees when we went to Epcot. There was a very cool breeze, but the sun felt warm. We were all bundled up. Anakin even wore a winter hat. Pics to come later.

The weather was so nice while we were at CSR. It was in the 80's during the day and 70's at night. Just perfect!

I'm sorry your dd has a latex allergy. We found out about Grumpy's when he tried to blow up a balloon at Ponderosa. He spent the next 4 days in the hospital, after that, an epipen became his companion. Everything from socks to underware couldn't have exposed elastic. Back then pencils in school were killer. Now most pencils are made without latex erasers!! So thankful Disney was one of the first to do away with latex in restaurants!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter