Disney Dollars Question....

susaninMS

Earning My Ears
We have $475 on a Disney Store Gift Card. I called and the store said that I can get Disney dollars for them. Do all the restaurants at WDW take Disney Dollars?
Is there a place at WDW to cash these back into real dollars?

TIA!!!!

Hey, I was just at the DisneyStore on Saturday and when I asked, they told me you cannot purchase disney dollars with disneystore gift cards! Can anyone clear this up for me? Has anyone out there actually done this?!

Even if they will normally do it, I'd make sure they know it is such a large amount!
I'd be surprised if they would let you get that many Disney Dollars.

It seems that every store handles it their own way. One local store used to let me buy DD with a TDS GC, another wouldn't. Now the only store that is open locally lets you buy them, but I have never bought more than $100 worth of DD with a GC. I would definitely call back & make sure before you make a trip there unneccesarily. I would also take the name of the person you speak with, if they do say it is ok.
HTH!

I think all the restaurants take them. My understanding is you can spend them anywhere at Disney and use them as real money.

We took $200 in spending money in Disney Dollars just a few weeks ago and didn't have any problems spending them anywhere on property. We even used them at Wolfgang Puck's Express in Downtown Disney without any problems. You should be able to use them just like cash at any Disney-owned location. Some of the non-Disney Downtown Disney stores may not take them, however.

As for trading them in, you do get regular cash in change, so get all 10s and break them on smaller priced items. I'm fairly sure that you have to have a receipt to trade the Disney Dollars back in for cash, though, and since you purchased with a Disney Store gift card, they probably won't do that at Disney, since I think they usually credit the money back in the manner in which you purchased (i.e., cash, return to the credit card, etc).

Mur!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter