Disney doesn't want my money?!?!

ShellyMouse

I love Baloo!!
I'm hoping someone can explain this to me.. Back in January, I booked a trip in September with free dining @ POP, with 5 day hoppers. At the time, I wasn't sure if I would go alone, or add people to go with me. Well, I have 3 other ladies going with me now, which is awesome, but we don't want to share beds for 6 nights! So, 1 of other ladies booked a room only, online. (Rack rate) When I called to link the ressies together, and add the 3 names of other for free dining, they said no one person can be listed on 2 rooms at the same time. I need to have all 4 names associated in the free dining room. But we are all early 50's.. we want to sprawl out in our own space at end of each day!!
Is there anyway around this? I'm not trying to cheat anyone! We are paying rack rate for 2nd room. That's almost another $1000 for Disney. I don't understand why. Can someone explain to me?

Thanks!!

Surely there must be a way. A poster a while back used to brag about booking 2 deluxe rooms booked so they could have a room near the MK to change and rest.

Surely there must be a way. A poster a while back used to brag about booking 2 deluxe rooms booked so they could have a room near the MK to change and rest.

While this is true, they do tend to balk about doing this when Free Dining is involved.

It makes sense to me.
Perhaps you could upgrade to a larger room?
Maybe you could switch to AOA suites and keep the FD discount?
I'd count myself lucky to be able to add those people to my exsistng FD discount to begin with.

In January, I also booked two rooms with free DP for our family of seven in July and I had to book the second room in my daughter's name. I paid for both rooms but just couldn't put the second room under my name.

Remember 4 adults in 1 room is going to add an extra per night charge for 2 adults. I’m not sure but I think it may $25/night for a value resort.

Forgot to say that I was able to go online and link the two reservations with the two reservation numbers the CSR gave me.

Not being able to be listed on two reservations at the same time is a myth. I just wouldn't use the same person as the lead guest on each room. What is the room configuration at this point? Who is on which reservation? What I would do is list the two people who will be staying on the room-only on that reservation, that way they both will have MB's that will open the room door. On the free dining reservation add the third guest and then add the two that will be staying in the other room using their middle names. It shouldn't be a problem.

The only way you can keep free dining for all four people is to have all four of them in your room. You can do that by making dummy names for the two people in the room only room. Those two people could still have free dining but they would have to use the Magic Bands that came with the free dining room. They would also have to use the second MB to get into their resort room. That means that those two people will have to carry around two sets of bands

Since you have to pay an extra charge when there are more than two adults in the room then I would just take those two people off the reservation. It will mean that they don’t get free dining but then it is only quick service and not worth it when you have the hassle of carrying two MBs and paying the extra room charge.

We did this for a family trip where I was in the room with free dining with our son and grandkids while my husband was in a room only with a dummy person. It worked but was a hassle to remember the second band.

I can’t figure out exactly what it is that you want to do and what they have said no to
I’ve booked 2 rooms, same dates, me as the lead guest on both. MDE didn’t care at all. No one ever said a thing and the reservatios worked fine. We had a great stay.

So I guess I’m the only one confused at what the problem is here
You have what, 4 ladies, 2 room.
1 room will have free dining and 4 guests, but only 2 sleeping in it
1 room will be rack rate (or some sort of room only) with 2 guests in it
Do I have it right?
Why can’t you book all 4 of you in the free dining room, paying the extra adult charges and the book the 2nd room for the 2 that will be actually staying in that room?

The only way you can keep free dining for all four people is to have all four of them in your room. You can do that by making dummy names for the two people in the room only room.
Assuming this is a legitimate option, i.e. doesn't violate any Disney rule, it's probably more sensible to use actual names in the second room, and 'dummy' - or middle, like @DisneyWishes14 suggests names. Extra $30 plus tax per night.

Assuming this is a legitimate option, i.e. doesn't violate any Disney rule, it's probably more sensible to use actual names in the second room, and 'dummy' - or middle, like @DisneyWishes14 suggests names. Extra $30 plus tax per night.
Right, but I was typing on my phone and didn't want to explain that part, too. ;)
If they want to keep free dining the the real names would be three people in the free dining room and a dummy name for the person who booked the room only. The person who booked the room only would use her real name and a dummy name for her roommate. That way, three of the people would have their real names for both free dining and their park tickets, and the person who booked the room only would only have a dummy name for their tickets and free dining.

person A - booked free dining for four people - FD room
person B - booked room only
person C - is staying with person A
person D is staying with person B

A and C use real names for the FD room while persons B and D are dummies in that room
person B uses real name for room only and roommate
persons A and C carry one MB and persons B and D need to carry two, one for their tickets and dining plan and one to get into their room.

Some people don't feel comfortable with this type of deception, which is why I suggested that it might not be worth it to try to keep free dining for all four people.
A quick service dining plan is worth about $40 per day. You would have to subtract the cost of the extra adult, $15 per night, and now your value is only $25 per night. I wouldn't go through so much trouble for quick service dining.

Last edited:
Right, but I was typing on my phone and didn't want to explain that part, too. ;)
If they want to keep free dining the the real names would be three people in the free dining room and a dummy name for the person who booked the room only. The person who booked the room only would use her real name and a dummy name for her roommate. That way, three of the people would have their real names for both free dining and their park tickets, and the person who booked the room only would only have a dummy name for their tickets and free dining.

A and C use real names for the FD room while persons B and D are dummies in that room
persons A and C carry one MB and persons B and D need to carry two, one for their tickets and dining plan and one to get into their room.

Some people don't feel comfortable with this type of deception, which is why I suggested that it might not be worth it to try to keep free dining for all four people.
A quick service dining plan is worth about $40 per day. You would have to subtract the cost of the extra adult, $15 per night, and now your value is only $25 per night. I wouldn't go through so much trouble for quick service dining.

This could certainly work. I, personally, would book it this way (or, as I suggested, use dummy names for two people on the FD reservation). The quick service plan is $52.50 per day, so that, IMHO, would be well worth paying the $15+tax extra adult fee on the FD reservation. Instead of free dining, it's $15 dining!

If it works it works! Awesome

I currently have 2 different bounceback reservations for myself & my husband. I am the lead in both. Free dining with park hopper tickets in a regular room at a deluxe resort & a room discount club level room at a different resort. Exact same dates. I am trying to change the room discount to the first resort, but since it was not available, I booked an alternative resort. I have months to keep trying to change to our preferred resort. So for now I am keeping them both. They both show up absolutely fine in MDE. And the CM who booked the second reservation didn’t say a word about us already having a bounceback for the same dates with a different promotion. So you can definitely be listed in 2 rooms at the same time.

Isn't the free dining booking period over and, well, no longer bookable for new reservations?
I think that is the reason why they had to book a room only reservation for two people. They booked the first room when free dining was available but booked the second room later.

Book all four people on your reservation, that way they all get free dining and EMH etc. Then book a room at the Hilton right across from Disney Springs. Have two people stay there at night. Just have them take the bus at the end of the night to DS and use the pedestrian bridge. Easy Peasy. Yes you will have to pay the extra person fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter