Disney doesn’t mail Magic bands any more?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
MDE says we will have to pick them up at arrival is that the only option now? I like having everything ahead of time instead of standing at a check in desk for ages

MDE says we will have to pick them up at arrival is that the only option now? I like having everything ahead of time instead of standing at a check in desk for ages
Since MBs are no longer provided for free, and if you still want them, you can buy them.
If you want to pay a bit more for "special" MBs, you can order them from ShopDisney (etc.) and the MBs will be delivered to your home.

I purchased one for my son through MDE and it just arrived yesterday for our trip in March.

If your trip is quite soon, you may have missed the shipping date and that’s why they’ll be at the front desk.

That’s odd. Our trip isn’t until fall but it doesn’t give me an option to have them shipped. It just says they are $5 and we can pick them up at the front desk upon arrival. I’m looking under MDE - is there another place?

Pretty sure they still mail them. I got mine (after a Christmas mail delay) a few days ago.

We just booked a couple days ago for a February trip and it said they are being mailed.

I just put in orders for bands (we are taking people so I paid for theirs and reusing my own) and all three trips (Feb/June and June) bands are being mailed to me. Matter of fact my Feb. trip is "on its way" . do you live in Canada? they don't mail them there...

I’m fairly certain if you order a specialty band, they’ll ship shortly. If you just get the what used to be free bands, they wait on them, in case you decide to change it to one that costs more.

That’s odd. Our trip isn’t until fall but it doesn’t give me an option to have them shipped. It just says they are $5 and we can pick them up at the front desk upon arrival. I’m looking under MDE - is there another place?

Are you in the US or Canada or another international location? Only if you are in the US will they be mailed to you.

No I’m in the US but I think it wants me to buy for everyone on my reservation. But problem is we are staying in two bedroom Villa do other six people aren’t in my household so I’m not buying their band. They are buying at Disney store so not sure how to just buy for husband and me

What they need to do is decline their magic band on MDE. Once they do so, I think your order will process. To decline, go to the magic band selection page and select a person. The decline option will show and just complete the process. If they show on your MDE, you can decline for them.

if you ordered in june or july and they still said free "pre order rate" you are going to want to call. mine locked gray last week and wouldnt let me modify it. turns out their system glitched and on their end it looked like we didnt order. happened for two other clients of mine. i had to call and stay on hold over and hour to find that out and get the bands reset so i could pay for them. ended up being less that $21 with tax for my 4. It is something to do with the switch from them being free last year to paid this.

Our trip is in September, we purchased and order them a few weeks ago and they arrived today.

Ok, Three trips...Feb, two in June. I am reusing my band but the guests on the other trips needed. Nobody got a special band just standard colors...$5 a pop. For my Feb trip they all arrive last week. (even though two of us did not order bands since we were reusing, they sent us gray ones anyway...I have to check that I was not charged!)
For the June trips I recently put in MB info and payment thinking I would never see them until a bit before our trip, they all arrived yesterday! 11 bands! This time they did not send me one.
I have no explanation, predictions or thoughts why this happened, but it did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter