• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dining Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the narrow window Dining scout works well. I paid $6 and that includes 8 concurrent searches at a time. If I want to add more it's $1.99 for three more. I am doing a test search right now just to understand how it works and used three searches to check BOG for 8am, 8:30am, 9am. I am guessing I am probably going to end up spending $4 for an additional 6 searches but for $10 not a bad deal.

You only need ONE search for your BOG breakfast, not 3! Don't waste searches on half hour time differences! Scout searches for 2 hours before and 2 hours after the time you've chosen.

I have a Sci-Fi search for 12:30 on 10/19 - it's notified me of an 11:40 and a 1:50 so far...

I certainly wouldn't waste paying for searches for different times. Each search is meant for a different restaurant, not a time.

I have been having great luck with Scout. Has anyone had luck securing a DINNER reservation at BOG?

I have.

And CRT.
And 'Ohana.
And Cali Grill.

In fact, we have every single reservation we want, within 30 minutes of our ideal timing (most AT our ideal time).

Well, everything except Wishes Dessert Party. (Which we were hoping for for my son's birthday.)

I got a notification for the perfect BOG lunch time. I had my phone in my hand and was logged into MDE checking for it in less than a minute and it was gone. Such a tease! I have gotten Akershus and PF so I have already gotten my money's worth for what I paid for the app, but that BOG would have been fabulous!

Scout is not very good IMVHO. I was just about to do a video today comparing all the services and what we found trying all of them. YMMV ;)

Scout is not very good IMVHO. I was just about to do a video today comparing all the services and what we found trying all of them. YMMV ;)
I definitely have had more luck with buddy but scout did help me score a Tusker house breakfast!

Scout texted me yesterday for breakfast at CRT for our December MK day but by the time I was able to get on the website to book it was gone. This morning I received a text for CP breakfast and was able to get my reservation. Thanks Scout. I'm still looking for a better time for BOG dinner for MVMCP night, nothing yet.

Scout worked like a charm for me today! It texted me within seconds of BOG opening up for breakfast and I was able to score a pre-park opening ADR. Worth every cent.

Has anybody figured out how big a window the dining scout looks at when it searches? The reason I ask is I had a search in for Ohana on Nov 1st, and received notification for an opening on Nov 2nd. I don't know if it was a glitch, or if they use a large window to return search results. Couldn't find any info on their website.

I think it's only an hour or 2 on either side of your chosen time.

Has anybody figured out how big a window the dining scout looks at when it searches? The reason I ask is I had a search in for Ohana on Nov 1st, and received notification for an opening on Nov 2nd. I don't know if it was a glitch, or if they use a large window to return search results. Couldn't find any info on their website.

As PP said, it searches 2 hours prior and 2 hours after the time that you specified.

Must have been a glitch. Are you SURE your search is for 11/1?

Scout worked like a charm for me today! It texted me within seconds of BOG opening up for breakfast and I was able to score a pre-park opening ADR. Worth every cent.
completely agree on this. we've been able to get several ADRs with Scout (BOG breakfast Pre-Park Opening, Coral Reef, Garden Grill, etc...)
Well worth the $4...

Scout has worked great for me except for the Minnie reservation. I found out they were taking reservations by thread I was following here and was able to get a reservation but was not notified once of any open table.

Scout has worked great for me except for the Minnie reservation. I found out they were taking reservations by thread I was following here and was able to get a reservation but was not notified once of any open table.

I never got notified by Scout of the Minnie reservations either. I used the free service (never intended on taking a reservation, just wanted to see how it worked) and nothing at all from them. Scout isn't sounding too good as of late from the reports Ive seen. Its hit or miss.

You have to sign up for one of the paid subscriptions in order to get notifications. To find anything with the free service, you need to constantly watch the website as it refreshes. I was notified of the Minnie's dining as soon as I put in a search! It worked great:)

I never got notified by Scout of the Minnie reservations either. I used the free service (never intended on taking a reservation, just wanted to see how it worked) and nothing at all from them. Scout isn't sounding too good as of late from the reports Ive seen. Its hit or miss.
The free service won't notify you. You'll get an e-mail from them - probably tonight - saying look what you could have had today! I found out the hard way on that one :sad2:.

I paid for the service and did get notifications every 1/2 hr for Minnie until I turned it off (both text & e-mail). I'd just finished booking when I got the first one, but I had already been on since 3AM hammering the search for tables button like a crazy lady :lmao:.

I have the paid version and I never got a notification for Minnie's this morning either. No text, no email, and no smiley face online either. Luckily I had been up and refreshing for near to 40 minutes beforehand lol, so I was faster than the notification would have been anyway. If I'd depended on Scout, though, I would have missed it. But no tears shed, as I mentioned above, I was notified immediately when BOG went up, so totally worth it.

Just started using Scout yesterday and already received notifications... but of course I wasn't quick enough to book them ;-) On the positive side, I still have 83 days left to get what I want!

Signed up for both Scout and buddy...I just got a text from buddy and logged in and got Ohana on the day and time we wanted. Not a single alert from scout and i'm using the paid version. :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter