• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

disney dining review

katmittens

OKW Owner
Just returned from 6 days at wdw. My group consisted of myself, dh, dd, age 19, ds age 22. First nite had dinner at Beaches and Cream, good food great ice cream. Sunday nite had dinner at Germany, sat with two other couples who were friendly, food was good, but was disappointed since they did not have chicken noodle soup. Monday nite had dinner in Canada, myself, dh and ds had steaks, after half way through the steaks dh and ds realized there steaks were mixed up. we were in a section that was quite dark. they still enjoyed them but they were not as good as usual. dd had chicken, which was excellent, although this is usually the only thing she eats is chicken. Tueday we ate dinner in China at Nine Dragons, had a window seat to watch everyone go by. Food was great, we had the family dinner for four and also ordered two side dishes of fried rice. it was way too much food and i did not feel well that nite so we took some back to our room and thought we would have leftovers but we never did and so it was thrown out. i just feel guilty leaving all that food behind. Wednesday was our day to relax so we started with breakfast at Boma, which we had never tried. The food was good and we all loved the juice, but the server was terrible. She couldn't be bothered with us, we had to wait forever for refills and for ketchup. My dh is the big breakfast lover, so he really enjoyed it. The omelets made to order were good and once again we all loved the juice (frunch I think). More later.

Thanks for the reviews. we are planning on b'fast at Boma on our trip. We like it better than dinner (too many pickey eaters in our group) . My DH hasn't seen AKL (he skipped the trip when we stayed there) We also plan on LeCellier. ate there last time and LOVED it. Looking forward to the rest.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Back to finish my reviews. In my group, myself, who does all the planning, dh, ds age 22, and dd age 19. After breakfact at Boma, spent the day relaxing, at OKW. Dinner on Wednesday was at Cape May Buffet, we originally were scheduled for Mama Melrose, but cancelled when no one wanted Italian. Arrived at 6:10 for our 6:15 time and was seated within 5 minutes. Our waiter was Amin and he was great. Great personality and great service. The food was really good, the clams were great and all the salads were fresh and cold, and I love there mashed potates. We will be back here in May when we bring our dd's boyfriend with us for the first time. Thursday nite was our last nite here and we decided to go to ESPN. It was the first nite of March Madness and we arrived early, 5:45 and only had to wait 15 minutes, so that was great. I had a burger, not dry it was excellent. DH had nachos, which he said were OK, DS had a beef and cheese sandwich also good and dd once again had chicken, dingers which were hot. We were ready to leave and the skies opened up, waited awhile and it turned into a drizzle, but we decided to buy pastry from Boardwalk Bakery and head back to OKW. Bought our pastry left and the rain stopped and decided to go to Epcot. So we sent dh back to the Boardwalk Bakery and they let us keep our pastry there in the bag with our name on it and we picked it up later, they kept it in cold for us. That was so nice of them. This was the end of our dinners at Disney. At lunch we ate at Columbia Harbour House, which was ok. I used to like there fish better, I think it has gotten smaller. The Cantina at Mexico, which was ok Mexican food, but very good Margaritas. Casey's in MK, we all love those hot dogs, I think they are the best. At AK we ate at Tusker House, very good chicken sandwich for the four of us, only problem was that it was so busy, could not find a place to sit inside or outside, and all of us were arguing about sitting outside verses inside, so by the time we ate the sandwiches were just ok, but they do have good fries. On Friday we ate lunch at Beaches and Cream before we left. All of us had hot dogs which were good, and once again, No Way Jose we love that ice cream. One other thing we did, this was our second time there, the Afternoon Tea at the GF. It was very good, pricey but we enjoy it. Last time there i ordered the chocolate slipper for dd, this time i ordered a cake with the cinderalla castle on top and surprised dd. The cake was vanilla with chocolate inside and white frosting. It was great, that was i think 25.00, but i did get 20% off with my dd card. I hope you like these reviews, since i just started on this board. I will be back at WDW in May with dh, ds, dd and dd's boyfriend. I will report back then.

Back to finish my reviews. In my group, myself, who does all the planning, dh, ds age 22, and dd age 19. After breakfact at Boma, spent the day relaxing, at OKW. Dinner on Wednesday was at Cape May Buffet, we originally were scheduled for Mama Melrose, but cancelled when no one wanted Italian. Arrived at 6:10 for our 6:15 time and was seated within 5 minutes. Our waiter was Amin and he was great. Great personality and great service. The food was really good, the clams were great and all the salads were fresh and cold, and I love there mashed potates. We will be back here in May when we bring our dd's boyfriend with us for the first time. Thursday nite was our last nite here and we decided to go to ESPN. It was the first nite of March Madness and we arrived early, 5:45 and only had to wait 15 minutes, so that was great. I had a burger, not dry it was excellent. DH had nachos, which he said were OK, DS had a beef and cheese sandwich also good and dd once again had chicken, dingers which were hot. We were ready to leave and the skies opened up, waited awhile and it turned into a drizzle, but we decided to buy pastry from Boardwalk Bakery and head back to OKW. Bought our pastry left and the rain stopped and decided to go to Epcot. So we sent dh back to the Boardwalk Bakery and they let us keep our pastry there in the bag with our name on it and we picked it up later, they kept it in cold for us. That was so nice of them. This was the end of our dinners at Disney. At lunch we ate at Columbia Harbour House, which was ok. I used to like there fish better, I think it has gotten smaller. The Cantina at Mexico, which was ok Mexican food, but very good Margaritas. Casey's in MK, we all love those hot dogs, I think they are the best. At AK we ate at Tusker House, very good chicken sandwich for the four of us, only problem was that it was so busy, could not find a place to sit inside or outside, and all of us were arguing about sitting outside verses inside, so by the time we ate the sandwiches were just ok, but they do have good fries. On Friday we ate lunch at Beaches and Cream before we left. All of us had hot dogs which were good, and once again, No Way Jose we love that ice cream. One other thing we did, this was our second time there, the Afternoon Tea at the GF. It was very good, pricey but we enjoy it. Last time there i ordered the chocolate slipper for dd, this time i ordered a cake with the cinderalla castle on top and surprised dd. The cake was vanilla with chocolate inside and white frosting. It was great, that was i think 25.00, but i did get 20% off with my dd card. I hope you like these reviews, since i just started on this board. I will be back at WDW in May with dh, ds, dd and dd's boyfriend. I will report back then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter