• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

You need a selfie stick! Except, don't, please. There's dorky and then there's dorky....

I know where you're headed next!! I always think about y'all when I pass the flags because of your last (or the one before??) trip report where you talked about Hunter praying. It makes me smile.

YAY FOR NEW PUPPIES!!!!!! I feel your pain on the pottying. We got our puppy Belle, in August, and it was similar to your situation. We'd decided we weren't ready for a dog yet in our life and were gonna wait a few more months, and then, welp, Mom's coworker found this teeny tiny puppy in a parking lot and needed to find a home for her. Now at 6 months our teeny tiny puppy is closing in on 40lbs!

Lots of love to Copper!!! Is that from Fox and the Hound? Pictures please!!

Um....if you're going to tell us about a new puppy, you need to post a picture. Congrats on your new addition! How does Oddball like him/her?

So glad you had a nice Christmas! I hope you have a happy and safe New Year as well.

I love your update. Your selfie is so cute! Great Tree of Life pics, too. WE didn't get any this year because of the stinkin' giant refurb wall.

My kids were lucky Tough to be a Bug was closed this year. Jason and I love that show, and them not so much, but we're mean and would have made them sit through it if it were open!

That pizza looked good! We did ribs on our last visit to AK, but I think we may have to try that place next time. I love the bug decor!

And I was thinking to myself "there has to be a hidden Mickey somewhere in there" and then I saw it right before Hunter pointed it out!

Can't wait for more!

Oh, and Holy Cow about your Mama possibly coming with you in May! She does have the Disney bug, doesn't she? I hope it works out!

I LOVE It's a Bug Life.. Seriously, one of my favorites.. It scared my boys a little last time but they still enjoyed!

The Disney pizza actually looks great in your pictures! Lawson is just like Hunter with the pizza- Pizza and mexican is his favs!

I hope it works out for mama to come with you guys!!!

I LOVE It's Tough to be a Bug. I didn't see it in May (the girls don't have any desire) and it was closed in September when Mark and I were there. Hunter and his upside down bug eyes. :lmao:

I have to tell you that I detest ALL Florida pizza. But if I have to eat it, Pizzafari is the only place I will. I love the room with all the bugs on the walls.

Great catch on the Hidden Mickey.

Lisa, wishing you, John and Hunter (and all of your family) a very

Awesome I'm glad your mom is thinking about going to Disney again :yay:.

My mom who is 80 always says keeping active is what keeps her young :)
And she sure is active ! She goes to the YMCA and does exercise classes called the silver sneakers every week, walks a few miles every week "when it is not to cold out" and helps takes care of two other elderly ladies with one being younger then her :rotfl:.

I love the Tough To Be A Bug show and the stink bug is my favorite.

WHAT? Hunter eats PIZZA? I never would have guessed. LOL

I still need to check out It's Tough to be a bug. I can't believe we've never seen it. :confused:

Wow, I was so behind that I didn't even notice your absence. LOL!

We are finally somewhat settled in our new home and I'm hopeful that one of the three interviews I had this week will generate an awesome job. Unfortunately, though, no plans to visit WDW this year, but I have already demanded that we spend my birthday weekend in August at Aulani, so I'll get some Disney in.

We love "Buggies" too. And we love Pizzafari! We always sit in the far back room with the deranged lion trying to eat the zebras. It is always empty, no matter how busy the park is. And because we are creatures of habit, we get the Italian sandwich every time.

Can't wait to read more and live my Disney dreams vicariously through you.

What a great time in AK. I regret not spending more time in the park. I do plan on fixing that next trip. That looks like great pizza. Glad to hear your mom wants to join you next trip.

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!!

I'm not gonna lie...I am happy you were too busy to post. I am slowly catching up and I figured I would have 10 pages here to catch up since I last read....so relieved! :thumbsup2

Glad Momma is thinking about coming. Is there any other airlines that would be closer? Could she fly into Sanford and one of you pick her up there?

Lunch looks tastey. I could got for the salad right now. We did the salad chip switch too. :rotfl2:

I am so excited to hear that Mama may be joining you on the Disney trip. I really hope something can be worked out with getting her to the airport. Can't blame her- sounds like it is going to be an epic group!

It has been a long while since we have gone to It's Tough to be a Bug. My kids still won't forgive me for not cluing them in to some of the things that were going to happen.

You got some nice pictures inside the show. Really good one of Hopper!

I have never been to Pizzafari. Wonder if we will end up there with the teens.

:)

Wonderful update! I am thankful for all the pictures you take, it sort of gives me my fix in between trips (usually 5 - 8 years in between :lmao:)

Please tell your mom that she is an inspiration and that it is my aim to be just like her! I want to be able to vacation with my family as much as possible :D

:goodvibes

Happy New Year!

I'm not gonna lie...I am happy you were too busy to post. I am slowly catching up and I figured I would have 10 pages here to catch up since I last read....so relieved! :thumbsup2

Glad Momma is thinking about coming. Is there any other airlines that would be closer? Could she fly into Sanford and one of you pick her up there?

Jen, I wish that there was an airport that was closer and would have a direct flight to either of the Orlando airports. Unfortunately, there aren't.:sad2:

Lunch looks tastey. I could got for the salad right now. We did the salad chip switch too. :rotfl2:

I love love love salads! I could eat one every day.

I just love the theming off all the rooms in Pizzafari. It is so fun to explore them!

The rooms at Pizzafari are so cool!

I am so excited to hear that Mama may be joining you on the Disney trip. I really hope something can be worked out with getting her to the airport. Can't blame her- sounds like it is going to be an epic group!

My sister said that she and her husband would take Mama to New Orleans so that she could catch a direct flight. I even told Mama that I figured that my sister would be glad to do it so that they could have a weekend trip in the Big Easy.

It has been a long while since we have gone to It's Tough to be a Bug. My kids still won't forgive me for not cluing them in to some of the things that were going to happen.

You got some nice pictures inside the show. Really good one of Hopper!

I liked the Hopper picture too.

I have never been to Pizzafari. Wonder if we will end up there with the teens.

:)

Pizzafari would be a good choice for teenagers for sure.:thumbsup2

Wonderful update! I am thankful for all the pictures you take, it sort of gives me my fix in between trips (usually 5 - 8 years in between :lmao:)

Please tell your mom that she is an inspiration and that it is my aim to be just like her! I want to be able to vacation with my family as much as possible :D

:goodvibes

Happy New Year!

Aww, you are too sweet! I hope that I am able to do as much as my Mama can when I turn 80.

Love your pictures from the Pangini trail.

When Ben was younger, we had a company called "Rainforest Reptiles" come to do a couple of birthday parties for him. I have had the Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches and Tarantulas and a number of other cool critters in my house. Even had a giant python that party guests could drape around their necks. I love having boys!!!

Just reading the story of the party gives me the willies. I hate snakes with a passion. I'd have been standing over in the corner watching from a distance.

The picture of the gorilla behind may be the best animal butt shot I have seen in a trip report. Was he twerking?

Twerking:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

What a great meet up with Kathy, Mary and the girls. That was nice of Hunter to go on PW with them.

:thumbsup2

Hunter is such a sweet boy and there was no way that he could say no to those sweet faces.

Playing mini golf is fun.

Yeah! A hole in one but LOL at the flip flop on the ceiling fan.

Looks like a good time playing golf.

Scott, you are the one of the people that convinced me to give mini-putt a try.

Fun times at DQ except for the Buzz thingy.

The Buzz thing was STUPID!

The food looked good at T-Rex. Hunters dessert looked good.

Nice pics along the safari. I would love to do that Wild Trek tour, maybe next year. I hope. LOL.

Loved the poo poo pics. LOL.

I laughed outloud when I saw the pictures of the poo that Hunter took.

AWWW, love the Meerkats pics. I miss Flower. LOL. I loved that show “Meerkat Manor”.

That is great you met Kathy and Mary and the girls. They are great people.

Telling by the title of your next update I would say you met Vinny. LOL.

I am all caught up.

Happy Birthday again.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!

I missed posting for Christmas so...

top-beautiful-disney-happy-new-year-clipart-1.jpg

Thank you!

You need a selfie stick! Except, don't, please. There's dorky and then there's dorky....

I know where you're headed next!! I always think about y'all when I pass the flags because of your last (or the one before??) trip report where you talked about Hunter praying. It makes me smile.

YAY FOR NEW PUPPIES!!!!!! I feel your pain on the pottying. We got our puppy Belle, in August, and it was similar to your situation. We'd decided we weren't ready for a dog yet in our life and were gonna wait a few more months, and then, welp, Mom's coworker found this teeny tiny puppy in a parking lot and needed to find a home for her. Now at 6 months our teeny tiny puppy is closing in on 40lbs!

Lots of love to Copper!!! Is that from Fox and the Hound? Pictures please!!

Holy smokes! I sure hope that Copper doesn't turn into a 40 pounder. I need to get a picture posted so that ya'll can see how adorable he is.

Um....if you're going to tell us about a new puppy, you need to post a picture. Congrats on your new addition! How does Oddball like him/her?

We didn't get to introduce Copper to Oddball for almost a whole week. It rained every single day for a week and I didn't get Copper out in the rain. Oddball would smell the new puppy on my hands when I would go into his kennel and he would sniff and sniff and sniff. They finally had a chance to meet each other last week and they seemed to be okay with one another.

So glad you had a nice Christmas! I hope you have a happy and safe New Year as well.

I love your update. Your selfie is so cute! Great Tree of Life pics, too. WE didn't get any this year because of the stinkin' giant refurb wall.

My kids were lucky Tough to be a Bug was closed this year. Jason and I love that show, and them not so much, but we're mean and would have made them sit through it if it were open!

That pizza looked good! We did ribs on our last visit to AK, but I think we may have to try that place next time. I love the bug decor!

And I was thinking to myself "there has to be a hidden Mickey somewhere in there" and then I saw it right before Hunter pointed it out!

Can't wait for more!

Lots of hidden Mickeys in Pizzafari. I have fun seeing how many I can spot.

Oh, and Holy Cow about your Mama possibly coming with you in May! She does have the Disney bug, doesn't she? I hope it works out!

I hope that she decides to go.

I LOVE It's a Bug Life.. Seriously, one of my favorites.. It scared my boys a little last time but they still enjoyed!

The Disney pizza actually looks great in your pictures! Lawson is just like Hunter with the pizza- Pizza and mexican is his favs!

I hope it works out for mama to come with you guys!!!

Hey pregnant lady! We are keeping our fingers crossed that Mama decides to go with us.

I LOVE It's Tough to be a Bug. I didn't see it in May (the girls don't have any desire) and it was closed in September when Mark and I were there. Hunter and his upside down bug eyes. :lmao:

I have to tell you that I detest ALL Florida pizza. But if I have to eat it, Pizzafari is the only place I will. I love the room with all the bugs on the walls.

Great catch on the Hidden Mickey.

Lisa, wishing you, John and Hunter (and all of your family) a very

Thank you Kathy! Pizzafari pizza is a notch above other Disney Pizzas for sure.

Love the update. And so nice to hear that Mama might be joining you for part of the trip!

She hasn't committed yet but we aren't letting up either. ;)

Awesome I'm glad your mom is thinking about going to Disney again :yay:.

My mom who is 80 always says keeping active is what keeps her young :)
And she sure is active ! She goes to the YMCA and does exercise classes called the silver sneakers every week, walks a few miles every week "when it is not to cold out" and helps takes care of two other elderly ladies with one being younger then her :rotfl:.

I love the Tough To Be A Bug show and the stink bug is my favorite.

I am sure that you are like me and hope that we are that active when we get to be our mom's age. My Mama says something similar...."I helped this old lady reach something on the counter at Walmart." I'm thinking "how old do you think you are?"

WHAT? Hunter eats PIZZA? I never would have guessed. LOL

I still need to check out It's Tough to be a bug. I can't believe we've never seen it. :confused:

I know that you were super shocked when I posted that Hunter ate more pizza.:lmao:

Wow, I was so behind that I didn't even notice your absence. LOL!

We are finally somewhat settled in our new home and I'm hopeful that one of the three interviews I had this week will generate an awesome job. Unfortunately, though, no plans to visit WDW this year, but I have already demanded that we spend my birthday weekend in August at Aulani, so I'll get some Disney in.

We love "Buggies" too. And we love Pizzafari! We always sit in the far back room with the deranged lion trying to eat the zebras. It is always empty, no matter how busy the park is. And because we are creatures of habit, we get the Italian sandwich every time.

Can't wait to read more and live my Disney dreams vicariously through you.

Look at your Dis profile! It said Hawaii now! I hope that things are going great for ya'll there and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the interviews go well.

What a great time in AK. I regret not spending more time in the park. I do plan on fixing that next trip. That looks like great pizza. Glad to hear your mom wants to join you next trip.

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!!

I could wander around Animal Kingdom all day long. There are so many details to see.

Now THIS looks like a TR I could enjoy! Like me, you take your time and give all the raw and juicy details. Edited: Now that I read more, I definitely remember you from when I was on the boards quite often a couple of years ago as All7ofUs. :) In fact, I think you were a poster on my last thread... It's great to see so many folks still around and writing!

Back to read...

WELCOME! I am sorry that it took me so long to give you a proper welcome. Oh yeah, I remember All7ofUS....I mean you. ;)

Congrats on the writing gig! Its obvious with the amount of readers your TR has that you are an entertaining and talented writer. Congrats again....I will head over and check it out!

We have never explored the Pangani Trail. Maybe this year we will although I am not sure that I really WANT to see many of those animals (did you say snakes? ummm...no!).

Yay for a Dis-Meet! :yay:

Thank you! I had another article posted today. I'll post the link in a few.

Yeah, the snakes are in the building with the naked mole rats but you an easily avoid them by walking right on through.

Yay for a DIS meet! I bet the girls loved hanging out with Hunter. How fun! Was that the first time you met Kathy and Mary? Aren't they lovely? I wish they were going to be there in June this year.

This was the first time that I had met Kathy but the second seeing Mary and the girls. Loved seeing them all!

I love all your gorilla pictures! They are awesome. And that picture of the zebras is just lovely. What beautiful animals.

Thank you! The gorillas are amazing to watch.

I have to admit I was power reading this morning so I should go back and re-read for details!

MEK, it was the first time I met Lisa (Lisa met Mary and the girls before). Unfortunately, Mary and the girls aren't going this year and that is why I am going in May with Todd and Nicki. I will miss seeing you this year. :(

I'm sure that Todd and Nicki are happy that you are able to go!

Great updates, Lisa.

Cockroaches -- yuck! I dislike them more than snakes.

Good eye on spotting the birds nests up in the tree.

I LOVE the picture of the hippo

I adore Meerkats...they are so cute.

I swear those gorillas are always sleeping.

Wow...a size 13! Hunter you need to stop growing.

Great butt picture of the gorilla (and I definitely can see where you thought he was sitting on a ball ;)).

I love Hunter photobombing our picture (just wish my mouth wasn't open :lmao::lmao:).

That is so neat that we have John in the picture through Hunter's sunglasses.

The girls were definitely smitten with Hunter and it was so nice of him to take them on the Hurl ride so I didn't have to. :goodvibes

I am so glad that after all these years that we finally got to meet you and Hunter and John. You are as wonderful in person as you are here on the DIS. And I am fortunate to call you my friend.

If I don't get back here, I hope you and the family have a very Happy Holiday.

Kathy, I am surprised that any of us had our mouths closed since we were all talking a mile a minute. It was so nice to finally meet you and give you that hug.

Haha, that DOES look like a ball. I probably would've said the same thing.

What a nice DISmeet. Sounds like everyone had a great time. And I'm sure those girls really loved having Hunter ride PW with them. Probably made their day.

A great photobomb by Hunter!

Thank goodness you saw the "ball" too. I seriously thought that was what it was.

I knew I'd love it! Stayed up until 1:00 reading. Afterall, it IS vacation. ;)

You've done many of the same things I've done including the Behind the Seeds Tour, which was a major highlight of my last trip.

Thanks for the good read! :)

We love love love Behind the Seeds too. We've done it two, maybe three, times and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

What a fabulous meet up!
So cute that Hunter was a hit with the girls.

You got some great gorilla shots. I never make it far into the trails and then we turn around for one reason or another. I am determined to go through them all the way in the future. It's been years since we have.

Jen! You aren't serious? You've never seen the gorillas? You've got to get over there and see them.

Love the updates, as usual. I really do like Hunter's photobomb picture, with John in the sunglasses reflection. Just a fun picture!

Thank you Darla! It was a great Dis meet!

I was just watching the news and heard about the tornado hitting near Amite. First thing I though of was you and your family. I hope your all ok because I'm not sure where abouts you live .

Amite is further down South but we did get some crappy weather. Thank goodness it was nothing like South Louisiana got.

Great updates!! Sorry I am so far behind. I love Hunter photobomb. This Dis Meet had to have been fun!! Hunter seems to take them in stride. Great pictures.

We had a great Dis Meet and it was so nice to finally meet Kathy and see Mary and the girls again.

I'll be back to catch up soon but wanted to say Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful day with your family!

Thank you!

Great updates. I had fallen way behind. I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas

It's okay to be behind. I seem to be that way a lot lately. :worried:

I liked the pictures Hunter took on the safari- poop and all.

It really is great to see pictures taken by kids. I find Ben does a lot of closeup shots. It is definitely a lot less risky in the digital age.

That is too bad that you had a disruptive family on the vehicle with you.

:headache:

The family in front of us was a pain in the backside. They just would not shut their mouths even after being told to.

Congrats on writing for Magical Distractions! I read the article and commented. Of course I loved it because it was about CBR!!!!

Thank you! I thought that it was quite appropriate that my first post was on my favorite resort.

Great pics of AK. I guess they hadn't started the major refurbs yet when you were there because your pictures are all pretty. I love the hippo pics. Cool you got to see them that close!

Lucky for us, there weren't too many walls up when we were there.

And those hissing cockroaches? They have some of those (live) at our local museum, and sometimes the docents are out with them, and Maura held one one day! Ew! She thought it was cool. To each their own, I guess.

Great gorilla pics, too. They are really amazing animals.

Ewwwwwww is right!

So jealous of your Dis-meet. I hope to meet Kathy one day. We only live like 90 minutes from each other!

I hope your holiday preparations are going well. Are Lacey and Jesse coming for Christmas?

Lacey and Jesse did get to visit for Christmas! We were so happy to see them.

Sorry, but I'm with your boys on this one... I don't see a ball. :confused3:lmao:

How sweet of Hunter to humor the girls. :flower3:

I too have been curious in the past about the Gospel Brunch. Sounds fun!

Hunter is such a sweetheart and was more than happy to whirl around with the girls.

best update ever! KATHY! and all of you together! how adorable! love they were smitten with Hunter!!! what girl wouldn't be right? :confused3 too funny with the gorillas!!!
great pictures all around!!! :banana:

Hunter was definitely a ladies man that day.;)

Fun! And good work!

Thank you!

I'd be worried about what's coming down from those nests. :crazy2:

Oh I know what was coming down...you could see it all over the ground. :laughing:

I'm going to make them honorary state workers.

:rotfl2:

I'll back you up and say it does look like a ball. But it's still funny. :rotfl2:

I bet they're smarter than the average Kardashian too. :rolleyes1

Yay! I had the same experience when I got to meet Kathy. She's a lot of fun.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I was so happy to finally give Kathy a big hug in person. She was so sweet and it was just like we talked every single day.

Congrats on the article, it was great! We'll stay at CBR someday, I'm sure.

Thank you! My second article posted today.

The girls and I finally did that little Pangani Forest Trail on our trip last March. It was really a lot of fun!

I love DisMeets! And I love Hunter's photobomb! :good vibes

And YAY your article posted! I:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:'m seriously so glad to have Lisa on the team with the rest of the gang! Lisa, I know I said it to you already, but your post was great and I can't wait to see what else you have to share on the page! ::yes::

Thanks girl! I'm excited to be writing!

My second article has been posted to Magical DIStractions! I know that I said it before but I'm so excited to be writing. I have three more articles coming up this month.

I hope that you'll take the time to read the article and post a comment. Thanks!

http://*******************.com/crossroads-house-blues-funky-fabulous-time/

Hey Lisa. I know it has been a while since I posted. Haven't been on in a while. I am all caught up and won't try to comment, other than it was me on the train. :) Hope your mom gets to go this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter