Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

You know, I've seen all the Star Wars movies (more than once) and quite a few of the cartoons (Clone Wars), but I have yet to see Titanic.

STOP! I'm trying to catch up on other TR's and you keep updating. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We didn't do Backstage even though we knew the day after we left it was the last day it was going to be open. I guess we've done it so many times that we didn't feel the need. I do love the last spot with all the movie stuff though.

Tower of Terror...my favorite Disney ride. I'm so glad that you'll do it now. And how sweet of Hunter to take photos while you were on.

John, you need to get with the program on "scary" looks.

Uh oh...I hope it doesn't take you too long to go back and retrieve John's medicine.

So funny that you were reading my TR as I was catching up on yours! :rotfl:

I somehow missed an update again so I'm commenting on two.

I got the giggles when you were describing your Star Wars knowledge. I get a little sad when I see people riding Star Tours because since it went to 3D I can't handle it anymore. :sad: I take motion sickness meds and can ride everything except Star Tours. It gets me every time for some reason.

I loved all of the pictures in the Muppet theater. I swear I've looked all around that pre-show area but half of the stuff you posted I've never seen. I guess that's part of why we keep going back!

Thanks for the Backlot Tour pictures. While it's not my favorite ride in the World, I did enjoy riding it every few trips. But I am excited to see what they replace it with. Better be something good!

Oh no! Not good to be missing medicine. I hope it was a quick trip to and from the resort for you.

I'm so glad Mom and I did Backlot Tour when we were there, especially since we almost didn't and had to come back again to ride it. I agree that I hated it when the line moved quickly thru the prop house since you couldn't see anything!

I'm so glad you decided to get on ToT and now enjoy it. I LOVE that attraction so much, it may be my favorite WDW attraction! :cool1:

Oh no, that's no good that John didn't have his midday pills! I hope you didn't miss much while heading back to the resort for them!

I have been keeping an eye out for you updates and some how missed the one on the 24th so I am now all caught up.

I have to say the Desert Party looks like fun! The deserts look assume!!! The chance to get such a close up of Tinker Bell to see if brawn behind the beauty is priceless. Now I am kicking myself that I did not reserve it for my upcoming buisness trip.

The pictures of the castle during the Castle Show look amazing! We did not get to see that since the boys seemed to turn into a pumkin after 8:00pm :rotfl2:

I also love the night shot of Rapunzel's Tower. So Pretty!

That muppet waterfall was so cool! I had to get a picture of it as well. However I did not even think of taking pictures during the Muppet Show and now I wish I did! I love the picture of the orchestra and of course Statler and Waldorf. Gosh I did not think you could take pictures during it. Guess that is another reason to go back to Disney. I starting a list you know;)

Good Bye Backlot Tour! Now I am glad we took the kids to see it our last trip.

I have to say I love the picture of the sign for Tower of Terror. That is one of my favorite rides! Got my fingers crossed that the kids will be ready for it on our next trip:thumbsup2

I'm all caught up!

Can I just say that I got kinda sad when I found out your Mama wasn't coming on this trip? I just love your mama!:love:

I think its super sweet that John called her after the Dessert Party. Dan was always like that with my mom. In fact I think he only married me so he could be related to my mom lol.

Loving the updates and wondering if maybe during your trek back to CBR to get John's pills you'll finally be able to get some pictures of those refurbbing rooms!

Hunter is so grown up!:)

Years ago, there was no way that I was getting on the Tower of Terror. No way! No how! No-no-no! One year, John talked me into it and I’ve been a fan every since. The kids still attribute that to the fact that they stayed in the store and prayed for me the entire time. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: This is awesome! Nothing like the power of prayer!

I am a little sad I didn't get to see the Back lot tour one more time before it closed. Boo! I love the end of the ride with all the movie memorabilia.

Oh NO - for having to leave to go back to the resort. I hope transportation worked in your favor.

Lisa, you are updating like crazy!

Love the pictures--you guys are so funny! The dessert party looks awesome. Can't believe I had it scheduled for two different nights while we were there in July and ended up cancelling both of them!!! I also wish we had done the backlot tour but somehow we ran out of time--as usual. Luckily we've done it many times before.

Can't wait to hear what Hunter gets selected to do!

I'm with Kathy--how am I supposed to keep up with all this?!?!?:rotfl2:

Boy, that was a late night closing down MK. I have never gotten the sword out of the stone, either. Knowing my luck, the rest of my family will do it long before me!

Here's all you need to know about Star Wars: the prequels sucked. Just say that in any Star Wars conversation, and you'll be accepted as knowledgeable. :rotfl2:

I'm with Hunter--no thanks on Tower of Terror! I hate freefalls.

Holy UPDATE Batman!
HS is one of my favorite parks!!! Love just looking at all the fun stuff! the street performers are just fantastic..
Sad about backlot tour. i will miss it. the 'end' of the tour wasn't opened for us when we went..

Funny- i have pretty much the SAME pictures as you do! I hope the kid who was in front of you did OK with the scenes in the show!!! they are pretty loud.

TOT! best ride in HS. hands down!

Great day at DHS so far! I can't blame you for avoiding Star Wars weekends if you're not a fan, but man I'd love to see it some day.
Funny that Hunter got to be the rebel spy! I've always wanted to.
I love all the props in Muppet Vision.
I'm not a Tower fan at all! So I also wait in the gift shop!

Yank it like you mean it! Put some muscle behind it!
When we exited The Haunted Mansion, we went to our left into the new Fantasyland area and I stopped to take a picture of Rapunzel’s tower:
Is it just me, or are the Imagineers mixing franchises here?
As I was reading the the first bit, I was seeing the photo 'out the corner of my eye', and it looked like the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella. Does anybody else get that effect? Focus on the words above the picture, but look at it without actually moving your eyes. Doesn't it look like a lady wearing a pointy hat, looking off to the left?
Or do I need more coffee?:coffee:

GREAT shot, by the way...

Whew, I miss a couple DIS days and you become an updating wizard!! Loving your HS day. I feel bad for you though that you have to go ALL the way back to the hotel for John's meds. Hope it's a quick trip!

HOKEY DINO!! (As my daughter is known to say when something surprises her) Your keyboard must be smoking! I've been completely laid up since Tuesday around dawn. Monday night i sneezed in bed and looked at John with a huge pout "ruh-roh. That sneeze "tasted funny"" You know, that tell-tale sign that a cold is looming?? I was up within 5 hours coughing, sneezing & feeling like i had swallowed a package of razor blades. To say nothing of the constant headache courtesy of the "litter-box odour" (in case anyone is wondering, we don't even OWN a cat!! can you say YUCKOLA???) Since then i haven't even been able to check my e-mail.

Just a few things popped out to me that i have to comment on ... The sword?? Our Ben was used to Yanking on that thing every time he was fortunate enough to visit and once good grief if that thing didn't MOVE!! Seriously, it did. We weren't aware of it but the "show" was just starting and he managed to be the kid lucky enough to actually pull it "out" He was so surprised that he let go of it and jumped down with tears in his eyes, totally convinced that he had broken it :scared: AND I'm jealous that you got to ride the Backstage Tour one last time. It's one of our favourite rides and i haven't even told my John that we can't go on it this time! At least i got to experience it once again through your wonderful pictures, thanks! Keep up the good work, this is a great way to get (more) worked up for our trip in less than 4 weeks!

As always your family is totally crazy and fun to read about. :rotfl:

I've finally caught up. :faint:

I think the dessert party sounds wonderful, just wish I could eat the desserts to enjoy it, but alas I'll have to let that one pass me by.

At least they set up the tables so as to prevent everyone from getting up and stand in front of everyone who is sitting. Tink looked too far away to tell if it was Tinkerdude or not. :laughing:

I'm hoping that the hub refurb takes care of the problems of crowding when people want to leave before the parade starts. It's such a pain to get through, I'll be so disappointed if they still have major amounts of construction going on when we get there. AK is a total mess right now.

It sounds like the medicine issues could be a potential problem, hoping all turns out well for John. I can't imagine that being fun to think about or deal with, bless his and your heart. I just praise the Lord he's back at work now and the time off was shorter than it could have been. :woohoo:

Phew, that was a lot of updates! I don't know if I can remember everything! I love the Sword in the Stone pictures. LOVE! I am sorry though, that none of you are the true rulers of England.

I can't believe you've never seen any of the Star Wars movies! Glad you like the ride, though. Lucy was the Rebel Spy when were were there 2 weeks ago! Yay for Hunter being the spy!

The Backlot pics are great. I'm sorry to see that ride go. My first visit to Disney in 2001 Jason and I got to be the people who get all the water dumped on them on the boat!

Sorry John lost his meds, but I can't wait to see what kind of adventure you have going back for them!

Woah! I am WAY behind, you trip-report updating machine!

I'll post a chapter at a time

Tinkerbell's Beard-

First of all, I love that legend. During our second family trip, I showed Nate Robo's "Tinkerbill" picture and every time we would see Tink somewhere in the park, we would look at each other, smile and whisper "Dude!" One of my very favorite Disney memories!

:cloud9:

Way to score a hard-to-get ressie!!!

I like Hunter's picture of Sonny Eclipse- we share your opinion of Cosmic Rays- too hectic and the food, though plentiful, is just ok. Columbia Harbor House for me!

We did the dessert party on our last trip- unfortunately, it was POURING rain that night, so there were no photopass photographers, no parade that night and no Tinkerbelle/bill.

But it was our first time watching Wishes (and the castle projection show), so that was good.

Love that you had so many meets that night.

Great pictures! I love the one with the castle reflection at the beginning and all of the ones with the castle on the left, the neon on the right and the fireworks in the middle.

Loved your wrap-up of the dessert party- totally agree! You don't get your money's worth, but it is totally worth it.

:thumbsup2

PS- You said you didn't really take pictures of the dessert buffet- I did and I know how you like to be thorough in your report, so here is the link to my pictures, although I may have posted even more in the Wishes Dessert Party thread.

Wishes It Would Stop Raining: Just Desserts

Ring It!

Wow, double projection show! I liked the closeup castle picture you took from Main Street.

OK, that is too funny with the Liberty Bell.

Glad your bail money was safe- have you been bringing that along on all your Disney trips since the cruise episode- where you were almost put into irons for having an iron?

I'm glad that your late night ride on Haunted Mansion was a hit with John. That really is one of the poorer line-management areas in the World.

:sad2:

Yank It!

Great pictures of the all of you trying to free the Sword in the Stone.

:lmao:

That picture of the backside of the castle is amazing. I can see inside the windows!

:magnify:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter