• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

I love that you all took a crummy situation and made the best of it! You are in Disney after all!

Wow! What a crazy night! I will tell you, my mom & I visited the Boardwalk one night (maybe around 9pm or so) and it was completely empty! We thought it very strange! Well, hope the next day is a better day!!! Definitely a birthday Hunter will remember! Lol!

Nice resort pics, I like Jamaica, I stayed there in 1991 when I went there for me Senior Week. The other times I stayed there, were in Martinique. I think those 2 are the best ones to stay in.

Sorry you didn't have a nice time at the Boardwalk. I have only been there a few times and the first time we were there during the day to just walk around and look in the stores and see the resort. I actually don't remember there being any entertainment then either. The 2nd time we were there we ate at Kouzzina. We went over from AK and were surprised to see they all share a bus. I agree, You'd think, paying that much money to stay there, that they would each have their own bus. They share one to MK too (we went there after dinner)

Glad you were at least able to get some food at Planet Hollywood. I don't think I have ever eaten at the one in DTD before, I did go to the one in Vegas, though, it was good (I assume they are all pretty much the same)

Looking forward to the next update, that title has me wondering, LOL

Wow! That was a frustrating day. Sounds like you had a much better experience at Planet Hollywood than we did though. Our waitress took forever and our food was horrible. This was the same day! I gotta go back and look thru my pictures to see if I got the naked man. :)

Sounds like you had a very convenient room location at CBR!

Oh my - your first night sounds so frustrating! That bus ride from DTD to Boardwalk :scared1:

So odd that the entertainers weren't out at Boardwalk. We stayed there once and sometimes the entertainers were inside performing in the lobby or near the Belle Vue lounge, but have also seen them on the actual Boardwalk. I'm sorry you missed them and things didn't go as you planned. :headache:

Thank goodness Planet Hollywood was open so you could grab a bite there! Your food looks delicious, but I don't think I'd like to eat under that nekkid dude :sick: - at least your back was to him. :laughing:

Jumping in. I'm a huge fan of your TRs! Your family always seems like you have such a great time together, and I just love people who aren't afraid to be silly!

Sorry to hear the BW was a bust!

Oh my word, what a long night! And it was your arrival day to boot! :crazy2:

DTD just seems like madness right now. Construction everywhere, parking lots closed, and now the PI bus stop is no longer running. Nusto.

2 hours on a bus is just too long. And then to have no entertainment on the Boardwalk. If it weren't for bad luck....

I'm glad there was some restaurant open for you all to eat at. Eating cereal in your room at midnight probably wouldn't have been the best birthday memory taken away from the trip.:rotfl:

Great CBR pics!! I could go for a walk around CBR right now- listening to the island music and all. When we go for our Feb/March trip with our friends that have never been- we are debating between CBR, POR or maybe even the Wilderness Lodge- depending on the price. :)

That is a bummer that no one was out at the Boardwalk. I wanted to go visit that area the other weekend, but we just didn't have time..

Also, a bummer that all the restaurants were closed.. That's insane. DTD was a mess the other week.. Just all the construction and parking was terrible. Plus, the buses had to drop us off at the front of DTD and wouldn't you figure we would have to walk all the way to Quest. Terrible.

The naked man.. Now that is funny... Definitely not for my littles' eyes for sure.. LOL

Great details about CBR. I am sure they will be very helpful for those planning a stay there. We are returning in October and staying at CSR but your pictures have me second guessing that! ;)

I think all DTD traffic right now is a total mess BUT that ride sounds ridiculous! I will say that the amount of Epcot resorts that share a bus is crazy! We did have several issues with buses this trip (stayed at BC). One hint is to get off at the first stop (Swan/Dolphin) and head back to the Boardwalk area and walk it. Will save tons of time....only reason to stay on the bus is if you are too tired to walk. Thankfully with EP/DHS in walking distance there are days where you don't rely on the buses but still it can stink for sure!

How odd that nothing was happening at the Boardwalk. It seems like they were always out for us....so much so that I avoid it if possible because my girls always want to stop and watch for forever. Maybe you were a bit late?

Can't wait for more updates!

Joining the fun!

I absolutely loved reading about your road trip to Disney. I'm from the UK so it was really fun to see the pictures from your journey.

CBR looks like such a great resort, so bright and airy. I'd love to stay there sometime but my OH's heart lies with POR.

So great that you could all laugh about poor Hunter's blow out of a birthday evening.

Well, after lurking during almost all your trip reports, I'm finally commenting!! I'm trying to be better about commenting on all the TRs I follow, so a new TR from your family is a great place to start! :thumbsup2

What a great start. There's something so great about driving under the "Pearly Gates of Disney" and on to the property. We'd stayed off site the first two trips I had, and once we stayed onsite, it was totally a "NEVER AGAIN!" experience!

We are POR loyalists, by my dad's friend is a CBR loyalist and is trying to sway us for our January trip. I'll have to check out your CBR thread to get some more info on it. From the pictures you've taken in your TR's the grounds look beautiful!

We aren't looking foward to the construction at DTD. We love taking the boat from POR, but if there's masses of people and wall, I'm not going to be up for going there more than 1-2 times.

Can't wait to read more!

Hi Lisa! :wave: So glad I stumbled on your report. I've read all your others and feel like I know you. I'm going back to start reading so I can join in the fun.

I am one who is soaking in the detail about CBR! Thanks!

I think the Boardwalk has entertainment on the weekends, and special occasions, but I am not exactly sure how it all works. We did go one time and it really wasn't that late, but the entertainment was ending already...so maybe it's done early.

You know how I get when I am hungry....I would've been dying!!!!! LOL
I am so glad you did find some food though. That is the bad thing about Disney, especially those without a car. If you don't find food before it all closes, you are going hungry!

Yuck, what a frustrating night! I know the bus ride from DTD can take a long time but two hours is ridiculous. I've only been to the Boardwalk at night one time and that was for a wedding and didn't pay attention to the entertainment. During the day it's pretty much dead.

Thank goodness you found somewhere to eat but at least you had something back in the room if necessary.

Oh and thanks for the CBR pictures, I loved that resort when Mom and I stayed there in 2012!

I have never ever ever had a bus ride take so very long. That is just crazy!

You are welcome for the pics! It's such a pretty resort and I love taking pictures there.

What a crazy night and a birthday that Hunter won't soon forget that is for sure!!:rotfl:

That is awful for a bus ride to take that long. Sorry that the BW was having an off night. We walked the BW on our trip to get back to our hotel (we were stranded there due to rain) and it was DEAD as well. I ask Erik if he wanted to make a trip over another night and he said a polite no thank you, which may or may not have included looking at me like I was nuts.

Hallelujah that you found food at Planet Hollywood. Reading our update I kept hearing in my head "No soup for you!" :rotfl2:

Honey, if you were to ask me to go to the Boardwalk right this minute, I'd look at you like you were nuts. :rotfl: I don't know that we'll ever go back.

That's hiilarious! I was beginning to think that there was no soup for us.

Oh man - what a cruddy first night! :scared: I'm glad you were able to find humor in it, but ugh how disappointing!

We can pretty much find humor in anything but our patience was starting to wear thin that evening.

Frustrating, but sounds like you guys made the most of it anyway!

Yep, we did! I was so happy to finally eat.

What restaurant was that? Were the prices reasonable? Sorry, for no magicians or musicians. Hey, most people would love the naked man though! You have to consider yourself lucky! :lmao:

That's Planet Hollywood. We ended up eating there twice this trip. The food is pretty good and the prices are in range with other table service restaurants on property.

Oh what a wretched first night!! You all had a great attitude about it though:goodvibes.
Navigating getting in and out of Downtown Disney is insane with the closed parking lots and construction isn't it?
I have to share our stupid plan day on our last trip. It was the start of Christmas Break, our last day, and dd and I got the bright idea that we wanted Earl of Sandwich before leaving. That's right. Apparently all of our experience, Disboard knowledge and logic went flying out the window that day. We were stuck for a good 30 minutes just trying to turn into DTD. It took us at least two hours to get and eat a tuna melt for heavens sake. We decided to try an alternate route on the way out, and drove ourselves into some bizarre and barren industrial area on the way back:rotfl2:. I swear it was desolate and the least magical place on earth. I don't even know if it was Disney property anymore. Eventually we had to turn back and drive back through Downtown Disney nightmare traffic because we were lost.:headache:
This whole stupid encounter took almost 3.5 hours. To get a SANDWICH. My husband was delighted let me tell you.
So rest assured, this Disney veteran can commiserate with your whole stupid night.;):lmao:

Oh my word! Just for a tuna melt?!?! We once got turned around on the turn pike of all places and went around and around in circles. The guy at the toll booth started waving us through and shaking his head when we passed.

We have now been unintentionally shadowing you for two years!

Last year we took a spur-of-the-moment weekend trip to Disney for SWW and stayed at CBR. After reading your trip report, realized we were in the same building at the same time. I thought that was pretty cool because I have been a fan of your trip reports for a couple of years.

We loved CBR so much that I decided it should be a yearly thing (for one weekend during SWW).

All this to say-after reading your latest post I realized we were once again in the same building at the same time: building 43 in Jamaica. It was a great location. We had a great time!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report!

Seriously? We were that close to each other and didn't even know it? Oh gracious! Okay, since we are shadowing each other...what are your dates for next year? Maybe we'll finally get to say hello.

Oh my stars, that was crazy. We were going to try to hit the BW one afternoon but it didn't work out, kind of glad it didn't. I remember reading on the DIS that a couple of the entertainers from the BW contracts weren't renewed by Disney, maybe it was all of them. I'm not really sure how many they had.

I have to say y'all handled yourself wonderfully. I would have probably had a mini meltdown especially if I was hungry. My DH would have wanted to pack the car and go home and all 3 girls would have been crying. Hopefully everything else will go a bit smoother.

I don't know why the Boardwalk was so dead that evening but it was deader than a doornail. I'm talking not a single entertainer on the entire boardwalk.

At first, we were ticked off that we spent so much time getting to and leaving the Boardwalk and then not finding any food. But, we try to find the humor in everything and were giggling by the end of the night.

I have to laugh :rotfl: because we did the exact same thing as you guys ! We went to the La Nouba show and kind just took our time walking when the show was over. Then decided we needed to eat :sad2: Everything was closed and we walked to the other side also nothing opened :sad: We did manage to get what was left over at our food court at POR right before it closed ! So funny we were frustrated in the same way and walked all over trying to find food :rotfl:

Yeah, we did that once too. We weren't looking for a big meal after La Nouba, just a snack, but we ran into "finding food" problems too.

Thank goodness you were able to get something at the food court. Speaking of the POR food court, I took a walk through POR and I loved the look of their food court.

As soon as I saw the picture of the pizza, I thought "looks like Hunter is still enjoying pizza!" LOL
We have tried the boardwalk a couple of times over the years and have decided it's just not for us. Which is a shame.....so much they could do with that area!

Yep, Hunter is a pizza lover all the way. Mama was telling us last night that she asked Hunter what his favorite food was and he replied with "pizza". Shock? No!

I don't think that we'll go back to the Boardwalk any time soon. It sounds like you won't either.

What a krinktastic night! We've never seen any performers or anything around the Boardwalk.

And the bus rides to DTD are always awful! I hate doing it. The only time we go to DTD is when we are staying at Saratoga Springs. We skip it every other time.

At least Hunter will have a great memory of his birthday. LOL!

I had seen pictures of the entertainers/performers on the Boardwalk so I knew that they had been there before. I figured that they all ran when they saw us coming.

Downtown Disney is an absolutely must for us. I don't even care if it's crowded. I just like the atmosphere for some odd reason.

OH My! Glad you found the humor in it. My DH and I probably would have been cursing each other out LOL! We have definitely been in that situation before. Its definitely not fun. But hey you can't beat eating with a naked guy.

Nah, I bet that you guys would have found a little humor at some point. I wish that I could have seen our faces when we looked up and saw the naked guy. It was quite a shock.

Boo to that! All that time sitting on a bus, I think I would've gone crazy!

I was just about to! We were all squeezed in tightly and it wasn't comfortable at all.

Well that is quite the frustrating night! I'm so sorry you guys had so many delays, missing entertainers and closed food options. At least you finally got food, even if it was technically the next day! :rotfl:

Yeah, at least we came away from the fiasco with full tummies and giggling.

Oh, Lisa, I'm laughing and laughing, but feel like crying for you.

Thank God we had the boat for DTD at our resort. The one time we took the bus back to a resort, it took forever with that traffic. We may skip DTD all around this trip because of the traffic around there. Or we may park at OKW and take the boat from there.

I'm so sorry you saw no entertainment while you were at the Boardwalk. We love the Boardwalk for the entertainment and being able to walk to Epcot (and why we are going back in September).

That is one late dinner. If I ate that late, I wouldn't be able to sleep for a couople of hours.

I'm glad you guys oucld laugh about it and just be happy you were at Disney.

I know Kathy! It was a laughing/shocking situation for sure!

We have drive to DTD a couple of times and I'll never do it again. It takes forever and a day.

There wasn't any sort of entertainment which was odd.

Yeehaw Bob would have been the better choice. That's the night we were there!!

For sure!

Love reading about your adventure! Lol..

I'm also in Louisiana (about 30 min west of New Orleans). Do you find it super hot in May at Disney? Or the same as our humid summers?

I love that you all took a crummy situation and made the best of it! You are in Disney after all!

I think that we were at the point that it was so crummy that we found it funny. Know what I mean?

Wow! What a crazy night! I will tell you, my mom & I visited the Boardwalk one night (maybe around 9pm or so) and it was completely empty! We thought it very strange! Well, hope the next day is a better day!!! Definitely a birthday Hunter will remember! Lol!

I'm glad that it wasn't just us that saw absolutely nothing at the Boardwalk. I was beginning to think that they just didn't want to come out and play with us. :rotfl:

Nice resort pics, I like Jamaica, I stayed there in 1991 when I went there for me Senior Week. The other times I stayed there, were in Martinique. I think those 2 are the best ones to stay in.

We've stayed in all of the villages with the exception of the two Trinidad villages. We like Jamaica and Martinique best for some reason. I say that but then we also enjoyed our stays in Aruba and Barbados.

Sorry you didn't have a nice time at the Boardwalk. I have only been there a few times and the first time we were there during the day to just walk around and look in the stores and see the resort. I actually don't remember there being any entertainment then either. The 2nd time we were there we ate at Kouzzina. We went over from AK and were surprised to see they all share a bus. I agree, You'd think, paying that much money to stay there, that they would each have their own bus. They share one to MK too (we went there after dinner)

I thought that the bus ride was outrageous! Those people pay big bucks to stay at those resorts and then they have crappy bus service. What?????

Glad you were at least able to get some food at Planet Hollywood. I don't think I have ever eaten at the one in DTD before, I did go to the one in Vegas, though, it was good (I assume they are all pretty much the same)

We have eaten at Planet Hollywood at DTD several times and enjoy it each time. As a matter of fact, we eat there again during this same trip.

Looking forward to the next update, that title has me wondering, LOL

Hoping to get one posted tomorrow.

Wow! That was a frustrating day. Sounds like you had a much better experience at Planet Hollywood than we did though. Our waitress took forever and our food was horrible. This was the same day! I gotta go back and look thru my pictures to see if I got the naked man. :)

I guess that they were trying to get us all served so they could get out of there. It was after midnight after all.

If you find a picture of the naked man, you'll have to check and see if it's the same one that I got from the internet. I googled Planet Hollywood Orlando props and this same one popped up several times.

Hopping on board the Mickeystoontown train!!! Love your family and can't wait to hear about your crazy adventures!

Welcome aboard! I hope that we keep you entertained!

Sounds like you had a very convenient room location at CBR!

We loved the location because the walks to the promenade and the bus stop were super convenient.

Oh my - your first night sounds so frustrating! That bus ride from DTD to Boardwalk :scared1:

If I had thought about it, we would have gotten off at either the Beach Club or Yacht Club and hoofed it over to the Boardwalk.

So odd that the entertainers weren't out at Boardwalk. We stayed there once and sometimes the entertainers were inside performing in the lobby or near the Belle Vue lounge, but have also seen them on the actual Boardwalk. I'm sorry you missed them and things didn't go as you planned. :headache:

I have no idea why there were no entertainers there when we went. I have heard about them and have even seen pictures of them before.

Thank goodness Planet Hollywood was open so you could grab a bite there! Your food looks delicious, but I don't think I'd like to eat under that nekkid dude :sick: - at least your back was to him. :laughing:

I had to laugh when you said nekkid 'cause we say necked instead of naked but I was trying to be all proper and stuff. :rotfl:

Jumping in. I'm a huge fan of your TRs! Your family always seems like you have such a great time together, and I just love people who aren't afraid to be silly!

Sorry to hear the BW was a bust!

Welcome! Welcome! I hope that you'll continue to post. We do have a great time together and have no problem whatsoever being silly (without being obnoxious of course :clown:)

I don't take tons of pictures right after arriving either, I think for the same reason. You're just there soaking it all in, happy to just have arrived!

Disney bus means you're there! It's always exciting!

Oh believe me. Don't get me started on the Deluxe bus issues. :furious: Bahahaha. We're DVC, and it's a frustration with many of the resorts like Boardwalk and Beach Club that we have to share busses. It makes no sense at all.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe none of the entertainment was out on the Boardwalk! That's just insane. There's normally a ton going on there.

I'm so sorry that your night went that way! Ugh, I've totally been there before though.

The Big River Grille and Brewing works on the Boardwalk is always a nice option. It's the opposite direction of the ESPN Club, and it's normally pretty easy to get into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter