Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

You missed the building right near the citrus tower: the Presidents' Hall of Fame!
Complete with a replica of Mount Rushmore!

We always stake pictures of quirky roadside attractions!

Girl you are not a slacker! You've been to Hawaii! So, how was it? Give us details!

Let me just say that it exceeded all of our expectations! The resort is beyond fabulous and the island is gorgeous!

We loved it so much that my DH has been interviewing for a job there!

AWESOME! Just what the doc ordered, sumtin to help pass the time and build my excitement --- according to hubby that is NOT possible!! Anyone got a spatula to peel me off the ceiling?? 5 years is a long time with no WDW!!

Now where is that drink? I know i put it somewhere........

Yay, it started! At least your drive is sort of interesting. About once a year we drive from Colorado to California and for large portions of the trip there is nothing to look at. In fact, there is a 118 (I think) mile stretch in Utah where there is literally nothing. There are signs warning no services for the next 118 miles. At least we only do it once a year, and once we get there we get to go to Disneyland, and see family of course.

So excited I found your new report! Can't wait to read more...you guys always look like you are having such a great time!!

I seldom read trip reports since I live less than 30 minutes for "The World" but for some reason I decided to read yours. I was laughing so hard at your photos my daughter thought I went crazy. The pictures of Minneola and Clermont show my developement's entrance and and the things I take for granted every day. So we are wierd are we? I love it.:rotfl2:

The drive between Hattiesburg and Mobile, Alabama was uneventful until we got closer to Mobile. Then, we saw traffic slowing down a lot and lines of traffic ahead of us. Crap! I don’t like driving in Mobile anyway and throw in road construction and lanes of traffic and I get a tad bit stressed. :scared: We inched our way forward and, you can’t really see it much from the next picture, but traffic was almost at a standstill for a long way ahead of us and behind us.

Sorry to read about getting stuck in traffic. :sad1: Is it possible you ran into rush hour traffic in Mobile since you left home about 5 hours early? I'm guessing when you leave home later in the day you avoid driving thru Mobile during the afternoon rush. Rush hour is bad enough but then to throw in some road construction makes it really bad news!

Speaking of the "We bare all" billboards, my DH on this trip offered his momma to stop for crabs for lunch. She was a little excited thinking we were going to Joe's Crab Shack or something like that. He pointed to the sign as we passed and said, "There, Mom, what do you think?" She proceeded to knock him with her bag. :rotfl2:

It wasn't quite the "crabs" she was looking for. :confused3

WOOHOO!! We are on the move! It's funny how many odd things there are out on the road! We miss a lot of them when we drive overnight, but you caught some good ones. :drive:

I feel like singing "Almost there"!! :banana:

Yeah! You're almost there! I remember seeing a lot of those same buildings. 192 was a nightmare for us. Traffic was absolutely crazy!

It's just not a road trip without some traffic along the way huh? :faint:

I bet those last 22 miles felt the absolute loooooongest! That's about the time where you're just SO close, but yet so far because you just wanna be there already!

Love all the pictures that Hunter took of the things on the sides of the road! :)

Yay for your boss being away during yur departure day! :thumbsup2

I always enjoy your drive because I have never been to that part of the country and I'm sort of a map geek. I like to see roads on a map and follow their paths through major cities.

So you drove close to 12 hours the first night before stopping. And you arrived to a refrigerator full of food. Yuck.

I totally did not recognize that highway you were on leading to Kissimee. I love some of the tacky, funny things you see in Florida. I feel like I noticed some of the exact some sights driving to and from Tampa.

So let the Disney World fun begin!

Yay for your boss being away during yur departure day! :thumbsup2

I always enjoy your drive because I have never been to that part of the country and I'm sort of a map geek. I like to see roads on a map and follow their paths through major cities.

So you drove close to 12 hours the first night before stopping. And you arrived to a refrigerator full of food. Yuck.

I totally did not recognize that highway you were on leading to Kissimee. I love some of the tacky, funny things you see in Florida. I feel like I noticed some of the exact some sights driving to and from Tampa.

So let the Disney World fun begin!

I, too love the tacky things.. and the "sights" I am NOT an interstate driver. nebo was. driving on the interstate scares me half to death! and your bridge pictures? yikes!!!
I am so jealous of you that your drive to WDW isn't too long.. without the bridge, I might be able to handle it. and YOu don't have to go through or around ATLANTA!! that is my nemesis.
while driving through Tropical storm LEE, we had to pull off, Nebo couldnt see a thing. I took abver and drove through almost the whole state of Georgia on 27 (yes, it too ALL day.. lol)

but, you get to see the country side! I never knew Georgia was so pretty! all I ever saw of Ga. was what ou could see from 75 (red clay, and lots of signs for pecans, peaches, vidallia onions, and.. your favorite signs.. adult book stores and "the like":rotfl:)

when we used to drive down, we would often leave a day earlier than we planned and stay on 192 that first night. we were in Florida! we would lie vy the motel 6 or Knights Inn pool. then eat at ponderosa , walk to Old town. and turn in early.

check into our WDW resort at about 9 am!!! yay!!!

Finally found your trip report! Yay for being on the road and almost home! Time to sit back and enjoy.

Hello and good morning!:wave2:

I'm not often on the DIS, but I've read your reports before and have always enjoyed them.:)

It's never a dull moment when road tripping, is it?:drive: From traffic to random roadside phenomenoms. I myself am not a fan of car rides, but we've done it a few times from Kentucky.

Looking forward to more fun ahead!

Love the start of the trip!! I absolutely loved reading it - traffic jams and all. I just love a good road trip...

Hi Lisa! What a start to your trip! I'm telling ya, everywhere I go anymore there seems to be some sort of construction going on! It's crazy!! Here in NJ, they are updating or replacing a lot of small bridges so it's a mess everywhere! I have only driven to WDW once. We didn't hit much traffic but boy did it rain!! I mean, poured!! I hated it! Worst experience ever! Not sure if I would ever drive again! LOL! I hate driving to begin with as it is! Well, can't wait to hear about your arrival to the CBR!!! My home away from home! :cloud9:

Woo Hoo! A nice long update! :cool1:

Booo! To bad traffic. But even long, slow, car travel is fun when Mickeystoontown writes about it! :confused3

We're almost there! We're almost there! We're almost there!!! :yay:

AWESOME! Just what the doc ordered, sumtin to help pass the time and build my excitement --- according to hubby that is NOT possible!! Anyone got a spatula to peel me off the ceiling?? 5 years is a long time with no WDW!!

Now where is that drink? I know i put it somewhere........

Just wanted to say HI Jacqueline and have a great time on your trip..

Lisa this a great start! Can't wait to see more "odd" pics..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter