Disney Cruise Ships on Lego Ideas (Cuusoo)

How do you "support" it?
Go to https://ideas.lego.com/projects/128153 and hit the button ...

but the annoying part is you have to have a "Lego ID". It's free, and you might have already a Lego ID you've bought stuff from them or used their online stuff before. It's not hard, but it does definitely make it a tad harder to gather support from the general population. (I guess they want Lego enthusiasts anyway).

We're doing much better this time around. I'm hoping we get enough to jump to the "popular this week".... we're getting close, but if we miss the window it's going to be really hard to gather enough support.

Also it looks like comments might help, so feel free to post nice comments :)

but the annoying part is you have to have a "Lego ID". It's free, and you might have already a Lego ID you've bought stuff from them or used their online stuff before. It's not hard, but it does definitely make it a tad harder to gather support from the general population. (I guess they want Lego enthusiasts anyway).

We're doing much better this time around. I'm hoping we get enough to jump to the "popular this week".... we're getting close, but if we miss the window it's going to be really hard to gather enough support.

I'm wondering :laughing: if one reason it didn't get selected was because it was Disney. Disney is pretty propitiatory with their "stuff". Maybe Lego didn't want to have to licence it. Or couldn't.

Last edited:
BTW

if you want to do a LEGO cruise ship

ya got to beat this

that's a 20 foot plus lego model of QM2 in dry dock . . .

I'm wondering :-)laughing:) if one reason it didn't get selected was because it was Disney. Disney is pretty propitiatory with their "stuff". Maybe Lego didn't want to have to licence it. Or couldn't.

Except that there's an entire line of Disney Legos. You can get Rapunzel's Castle, Elsa's castle, all sorts of stuff.

Except that there's an entire line of Disney Legos. You can get Rapunzel's Castle, Elsa's castle, all sorts of stuff.
I don't know, but maybe Disney proposed those to Lego. Where Lego proposing an individual's Disney-themed model to Disney isn't do-able.

2nd time supporting this.....I really hope we can get enough people behind this.

REALLY want some Lego DCL ships 'floating' around the house lol

I'm hoping this goes! We both went and "supported" it. I don't know if Disney would have such a big deal with it since Lego already does so much Disney. They have a huge selection of Star Wars, Princesses, Marvel, and others. The Lego store is also in Disney Springs (still feels odd not to say Downtown Disney) and has a lot of traffic through there. I would think Disney would see it as another source of revenue.

Thanks for all the supporters so far, already at 500! Way better than last time, it might have a chance to make it to 10K so they review it. Comments about how much you want it, how you would have bought it in the gift shop last cruise, etc. would help, a set this size is a stretch for them.

Also there's a smaller one you could support as a back-up plan: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/128434

Some asked about licensing. Last time around it was never considered because not enough of us voted for it :( So that never even became an issue. Lego & Disney already work closely on lots of things, so I think it has a chance, but getting 2 big companies to agree on anything is always challenging. And @ 4500 parts, it'd have to be a $500+ set, which may give them a pretty serious hesitation, so we have to convince them that they'd sell thousands!

Great idea! I supported the first time around, just supported again this morning and Shared with my Friends on Facebook. I hope this reaches the 10K needed! It would be so much fun building one of the ships. I supported the Mini Wonder too.

Good luck!

Great idea! I supported the first time around, just supported again this morning and Shared with my Friends on Facebook. I hope this reaches the 10K needed! It would be so much fun building one of the ships. I supported the Mini Wonder too.

Good luck!

Thanks! I need to find more places to share, the # votes/day is slipping :( We can still do it, but it might be "harder".

BTW, the little ship might be more realistic. It's not as jaw-dropping as the big ship, but it'd be way easier to see being sold onboard in the ship's gift shops! And it's still wonderful in its own way.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/128434 if you want to support that too.

2264910-o_1a8v4a9c57561rii3jp1794k8me-full.jpg

The idea is, whichever set makes it, that there'd be the right parts/instructions to make whichever one of the 4 ships you wanted to make (or for the little one go ahead & make all 4!)

supported! (and shared link on FB) Would love for this to make it so we can buy one. My family would love to build one of these

Thanks for all the supporters so far, already at 500! Way better than last time, it might have a chance to make it to 10K so they review it. Comments about how much you want it, how you would have bought it in the gift shop last cruise, etc. would help, a set this size is a stretch for them.

Also there's a smaller one you could support as a back-up plan: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/128434

Some asked about licensing. Last time around it was never considered because not enough of us voted for it :( So that never even became an issue. Lego & Disney already work closely on lots of things, so I think it has a chance, but getting 2 big companies to agree on anything is always challenging. And @ 4500 parts, it'd have to be a $500+ set, which may give them a pretty serious hesitation, so we have to convince them that they'd sell thousands!

This looks really familiar:) I remember watching it being being built and shown to a blind gentleman so he could know what the ship looked like, was one of the nicest things I have seen a fellow cruiser do for another:) That is one awesome looking ship.

Supported and shared it on Twitter.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter