• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney cruise line motorcoach transfer info (MCO, MCO Hyatt & WDW Resorts)

From the MCO Hyatt we were told by DCL earlier this month that yes we can have Bell Services pick up from our room. However unlike the old days when we wouldn’t see the luggage again until our stateroom we were told we’d have to meet Bell Services down by the bus and claim our luggage to be put on our transfer bus with us. So we’re probably just going to bring the bags down with us ourselves at the Hyatt.
I loved putting our bags out in the hall and not dealing with them until they showed up outside of our cabin. One more piece of pixie dust tossed in the incinerator....grrr.

I loved putting our bags out in the hall and not dealing with them until they showed up outside of our cabin. One more piece of pixie dust tossed in the incinerator....grrr.
One option to consider is booking a night at a disney world hotel. They are still doing luggage delivery there.

Will this continue into 2022? We have a cruise booked for July 2022 and would love to stay on wdw property a few nights beforehand.

From the MCO Hyatt we were told by DCL earlier this month that yes we can have Bell Services pick up from our room. However unlike the old days when we wouldn’t see the luggage again until our stateroom we were told we’d have to meet Bell Services down by the bus and claim our luggage to be put on our transfer bus with us. So we’re probably just going to bring the bags down with us ourselves at the Hyatt.

Can anyone confirm this is what actually happened for them?

One option to consider is booking a night at a disney world hotel. They are still doing luggage delivery there.
They are not. We were told to have our bags ready by 8 a.m. -- Bell Services arrived, took our bags, then we had to pick them back up (tagged) before getting on the bus. Seemed very silly.

Can anyone confirm this is what actually happened for them?
We kept our luggage- we just had carryons and a personal item. They had everyone's luggage sitting beside buses (btw this is for MCO Hyatt ) they asked people in line which luggage was theirs and put under first bus as they got on. By the time they got to us we they were starting the second bus. The drivers moved all the luggage left around the first bus to the second bus. Our driver put our luggage on but made note that we wanted when we got off bus.

If they changed to you retrieving your luggage it is probably because it would be quicker than than hunt and peck method for loading luggage on same bus as you.

Also note that if there is the slightest chance that someone my test positive, keep your luggage. I have read how the wait to retrieve your luggage can take hours. This might also be a reason for some changes.

Will this continue into 2022? We have a cruise booked for July 2022 and would love to stay on wdw property a few nights beforehand.

I have a cruise booked for February and when I called to check on my dining seating a couple of months ago, I was told the transfer from Disney resort to port would not be available anymore in 2022.
I was very excited reading the posts here because of the earlier pick up times, but unfortunately I won't be able to take advantage of that. The CM told me it is being discontinued following the Magical Express end.
If anyone has more recent info on this, please share. I'd really love to add ground transfer from BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter