Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

We have also tried to do this. Have about the same number of people as you.

We went around and around with DCL, wedding rep, and directly with the ship. In our case the answer was always no. Palo has a very small kitchen and palo staggers all diners and reservations to take the load off the kitchen. The most you can get in at the same time is the private table. Which of course will not fit your guest size.
Even if everyone tried booking on their own...you still won't end up getting the same dining time.

We tried everything we could to get our party into palo any night together. As it would then be more like a sit down reception meal with our guest.

Even went to the extreme of trying to buy the restaurant out for a night...and Disney still said no
No clue what the buyout would cost...if Disney would even allow it.
Buy out is usually the cost to run the restaurant for the night and what their average income for a night is.
With palo charging a small fee per guest...can't imagine the cost to be that extreme.

We even said that we would pay more per guest and do a set menu
So ship would have plenty of notice and could prepare the same dish for everyone.
That was a no as well. Due to limited prep time and ships logistics.

However, for what we were told Disney does not want to close or shut palo to other passengers onboard. Based on past experiences the other guest backlash is just not worth any cost to Disney. Followed by the fact palo usually books out quickly.

Disney use to hire out palo for private events...back when Disney had a group department. As we know of a group that hired it out when holding a convention on aboard the ship. But it looks like that option went away when Disney got rid of their group department

We spent about 5 months of back and forth...trying to do what ever to work this out. And we still got told no

Though it really comes down to who you speak with at Disney. For us...we just could not find that person who would say "yes"
I suggest you try as hard as you can...you might get a different answer

Pretty much having exactly this same problem/debate now. We only have 22 and they have told me there is absolutely no way we can make this happen. I am considering making the "private table" reservation for the max number of people and then having one of our sailing guests who has privileges through their castaway club status to book for the remaining guests. I am hoping it works out because I am not at all happy with the idea of eating in the regular dining room for my wedding dinner.

Plan b is request to have a morning or early afternoon wedding and then go out for drinks after, that way dinner isn't as expected/immediately following the wedding.

But ultimately I am really hoping to make palo work out. It is the only really important thing for us. They can tell us what day, location etc for the actual ceremony. I just want palo for my group.

Hi Melissa,

I was talking to a cast member who recommended renting a bus to transport guests to and from the ship and handing the gift bags out on the bus. I priced a bus company Lisa recommended and it worked out to about $20/pp roundtrip for the bus. Just an idea...

Hey Ashely!

That is a really good really price what is the bus company can you PM the info?

Melissa

Pretty much having exactly this same problem/debate now. We only have 22 and they have told me there is absolutely no way we can make this happen. I am considering making the "private table" reservation for the max number of people and then having one of our sailing guests who has privileges through their castaway club status to book for the remaining guests. I am hoping it works out because I am not at all happy with the idea of eating in the regular dining room for my wedding dinner.

Plan b is request to have a morning or early afternoon wedding and then go out for drinks after, that way dinner isn't as expected/immediately following the wedding.

But ultimately I am really hoping to make palo work out. It is the only really important thing for us. They can tell us what day, location etc for the actual ceremony. I just want palo for my group.

We are right there with you.
This was the only thing we really care about and it's a bit sad and frustrating that no matter what they won't consider it or figure out some way to make it happen.

However, if we can't get everyone together...then it's not worth it

Mostly cause we planned and budgeted for the normal style wedding day. Though since majority of guest are coming from all over the world...it was a bit much to ask them to spend so much money to attend our wedding
Keep in mind a family of 4 from Australia would spend at minimum $12,000 for,flight only. So to add an expensive resort stay ontop was something we did not feel comfortable asking everyone to do.

Besides we normally travel together as a family and everyone likes cruising
So it was an easy sell to everyone. And of course cursing and the cost just appeals to everyone better. And we get to celebrate together for a least 7 nights vs the resort route..where people,would split their stay

We also have thrown around the same idea as yours. Book private table which fairytale wedding rep can help,with. Then have other guest book in
Though as it was explained to us..palo would stagger the dining times. So by even doing this everyone won't be dining at the same time.

I know there is some debate going on at Disney and DCL
As other cruise lines offer the more traditional wedding day...complete with sit down reception meal
Not sure if Disney is ever going to offer something like this. Since they already do pretty well with how things are now.

Just really find it odd knowing Disney...even when offering to pay to upgrade to a palo meal for,everyone. They still won't do it.
A bit strange that they turn down the extra money..when (as much as hate to say it) they are quite happy to take it any other time. And get away with charging what ever they want.
Though we are blessed to have budgeted and saved for a normal wedding and plate meal...we understand that not everyone has the luxury or the budget to do so. Therefore, Disney is trying to appeal to the masses by offering the same event all around...regardless of budget.
Even though every other fairytale wedding Disney does (except DCL) your bank account is the only limit to what kind of wedding they will,give you.

Just wished DCL weddings had some degree of customizing like other fairytale weddings do

We are right there with you.
This was the only thing we really care about and it's a bit sad and frustrating that no matter what they won't consider it or figure out some way to make it happen.

However, if we can't get everyone together...then it's not worth it

Mostly cause we planned and budgeted for the normal style wedding day. Though since majority of guest are coming from all over the world...it was a bit much to ask them to spend so much money to attend our wedding
Keep in mind a family of 4 from Australia would spend at minimum $12,000 for,flight only. So to add an expensive resort stay ontop was something we did not feel comfortable asking everyone to do.

Besides we normally travel together as a family and everyone likes cruising
So it was an easy sell to everyone. And of course cursing and the cost just appeals to everyone better. And we get to celebrate together for a least 7 nights vs the resort route..where people,would split their stay

We also have thrown around the same idea as yours. Book private table which fairytale wedding rep can help,with. Then have other guest book in
Though as it was explained to us..palo would stagger the dining times. So by even doing this everyone won't be dining at the same time.

I know there is some debate going on at Disney and DCL
As other cruise lines offer the more traditional wedding day...complete with sit down reception meal
Not sure if Disney is ever going to offer something like this. Since they already do pretty well with how things are now.

Just really find it odd knowing Disney...even when offering to pay to upgrade to a palo meal for,everyone. They still won't do it.
A bit strange that they turn down the extra money..when (as much as hate to say it) they are quite happy to take it any other time. And get away with charging what ever they want.
Though we are blessed to have budgeted and saved for a normal wedding and plate meal...we understand that not everyone has the luxury or the budget to do so. Therefore, Disney is trying to appeal to the masses by offering the same event all around...regardless of budget.
Even though every other fairytale wedding Disney does (except DCL) your bank account is the only limit to what kind of wedding they will,give you.

Just wished DCL weddings had some degree of customizing like other fairytale weddings do

Completely agree. I am hoping to get seated within 15 min pf each other. Then yes a few people will have to wait but we should mainly be all together. I was most surprised about the fact the the wedding coordinator (Kaity) did not have any alternatives what so ever. I would have been happy with well we can rent you the wedding location for longer and have your dining room dinner brought there for a fee. We can offer you anything other than in the main dining room. But we went around and around because I was upset and couldnt let it go and all she could tell me was you need to just go to palo the 2 of you, I can book the table for 14 or you can go to the regular dining room. Those are your only options. I was just hoping for something, anything a little more special without leaving people out. :confused3

Palo

Our plan is: if we have more than 14, we will have dinner with our family wedd night and brunch with friends on sea day. Not ideal but still good.

Hi all,
I have a photography question.
We decided to bring along our own photographers on the cruise with us. We figured for the time, money and assurance of the quality of pictures that this is our best option. My first set of question are, after we are married we want to take photos around the ship, how do we do this logistically with other guests there? Are there places we can't take photos? Do we have to set things up with our coordinator?

Next set of questions are for any brides who had their pictures done in the parks, how do I go about setting this up? What are the costs? Can you pic your photographer?

We have time to figure this all out when it comes, not getting married until August/sept 2015.

Thank you all for you or help with these questions. And thank your for this thread, I have learned a lot from the posts on here!

Happy planning!

Hi all,
I have a photography question.
We decided to bring along our own photographers on the cruise with us. We figured for the time, money and assurance of the quality of pictures that this is our best option. My first set of question are, after we are married we want to take photos around the ship, how do we do this logistically with other guests there? Are there places we can't take photos? Do we have to set things up with our coordinator?

Next set of questions are for any brides who had their pictures done in the parks, how do I go about setting this up? What are the costs? Can you pic your photographer?

We have time to figure this all out when it comes, not getting married until August/sept 2015.

Thank you all for you or help with these questions. And thank your for this thread, I have learned a lot from the posts on here!

Happy planning!

First off congrulations on a disney cruise wedding!:cool1:

Photography for me was super important, now to answer your question it depends on the type of deal you have with your photographer, like mine is 8 hours of wedding coverage, so on that day she will do getting ready photos before the ceremony some family shots now it depends on the time of your wedding mine is onboard and should be anywhere from 3-5 and it only last an hours so we will take pictures during the reception with guest in a couple of locations then bridal party shots and then just me and my fiance, we figure if we are done say 5-6 that gives our guest time to go the night show and then be at the late seating dinner, it all depends on timing but thats a rough idea also for places you can't take photos I don't know of any people take pictures in the clubs, all around the ship I would say you have alot of options there for MK photo shoots you just look up Disney Fine art I believe pricing when up on this and to my knowledge you can't select a photographer!

Hope that helps

Happy planning
Melissa:goodvibes

Hey all,

On the Palo front, this may not be helpful for all but my travel agent suggested attempting to book the private table for both seatings the night of our wedding. We would eat with one seating and just socialize with the other. We are considering this and splitting the early seating to be family and the later seating to be friends. That way everyone gets to celebrate at Palo. Again, it is not ideal but it is better than just not being able to do it at all in my book.

Has anyone sailed on the Dream in the beginning of November? My wedding cruise is November 7th-10th and I am concerned about decorations. I am hoping that the Halloween decorations will be down by then? I really don't want it to look like Halloween in my pictures! Also, how early do they decorate for Christmas? I love the Christmas decorations, but, again, I don't want them in my wedding photos. Although, I am planning on bringing 2 Santa hats with us for 1 picture so we can use it for our Christmas cards!

I also had the same experience with Palo's. My party was originally going to be about 15 people. When I discussed having dinner at Palo's with Meredith (who was the planner at the time) she really tried to discourage me from the idea. She kept saying that my fiance and I should just dine here by ourselves! We are going on a week-long cruise for our honeymoon where we plan to dine at both Palo and Remy's and the idea behind our wedding cruise was to spend time with our guests, so I was not happy with that suggestion. I kept my hopes up for the private table, but when my guest list got to 20 people, I just let it go. I did request to have dinner at the Royal Palace on the night of the wedding because I think it is the most beautiful of the restaurants.

So did anyone just get this email???!!!

RE: Hi from your new Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Planner

Greetings from Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings!

Thank you for choosing to host a Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding with Disney Cruise Line. The purpose of this message is to introduce myself to you!

My name is Valerie Reko and I will be your Wedding Planner for all things related to your wedding. Please find below, my contact information.

First Meredith, then Kaity, now Valerie! I did call and spoke to her. She said that she is not taking over for Kaity, but for Meredith and that Kaity is still there. Maybe only some brides were switched over?

So did anyone just get this email???!!!

RE: Hi from your new Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Planner

Greetings from Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings!

Thank you for choosing to host a Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding with Disney Cruise Line. The purpose of this message is to introduce myself to you!

My name is Valerie Reko and I will be your Wedding Planner for all things related to your wedding. Please find below, my contact information.

First Meredith, then Kaity, now Valerie! I did call and spoke to her. She said that she is not taking over for Kaity, but for Meredith and that Kaity is still there. Maybe only some brides were switched over?

I at least so far have not been switched over.

Yes- I had talked to Kaity a couple of weeks ago and she had indicated that this was coming.

Has anyone set up a Facebook group for their guests? I thought it might be nice for them to be able to see who was invited and plan excursions together, but haven't heard of this being done for a wedding.

Yes- I had talked to Kaity a couple of weeks ago and she had indicated that this was coming. Has anyone set up a Facebook group for their guests? I thought it might be nice for them to be able to see who was invited and plan excursions together, but haven't heard of this being done for a wedding.

We got the email as well

Yes, we have set up a FB for our guests
Since everyone is spread out all over the globe...it's a quick and easy way to send info to everyone. In addition, to keep everyone up to date
Also they can post their questions,comments,and so forth...and it saves us from having to rehash the same info over and over

Just make sure and tell everyone if they have notifications on...they can get blasted with them depending on how active everyone is. Might not be an issue for you... But for us with everyone in different time zones people getting notifications at 3 o'clock in the morning

We also make and upload photos and videos to our page
Some are informative... Others fun and help get everyone excited about the upcoming cruise etc

It's been a huge hit with our group

Yes- I had talked to Kaity a couple of weeks ago and she had indicated that this was coming. Has anyone set up a Facebook group for their guests? I thought it might be nice for them to be able to see who was invited and plan excursions together, but haven't heard of this being done for a wedding.

GREAT idea!! I'm gonna do that.

kbast said:
Has anyone sailed on the Dream in the beginning of November? My wedding cruise is November 7th-10th and I am concerned about decorations. I am hoping that the Halloween decorations will be down by then? I really don't want it to look like Halloween in my pictures! Also, how early do they decorate for Christmas? I love the Christmas decorations, but, again, I don't want them in my wedding photos. Although, I am planning on bringing 2 Santa hats with us for 1 picture so we can use it for our Christmas cards!

I sailed on the Dream 11/3 last year and all the Halloween decorations were down and the Christmas decorations were up. One CM told me the flipped the ship in port canaveral that day between guests leaving and new guests boarding. And it looked amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter