DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Congratulations on graduating! That was nice of your boss to show up and take some pictures with you :)

I am just sad that your trip report is ending. ;)

Hey Jess! While we were there this weekend (besides all of the delicious F & W food and the new restaurants we tried), I had the best carrot cake Halloween themed cupcake at Hollywood Studios. We ate at the place next to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area.

I totally thought of your cupcake obsession and had to share. Delicious and it was cute! You must try it if you haven't already! :)

Aw, my sister is so pleased to be mentioned. I LOVE the update about your graduation, it looked so much fun. Im gonna miss this Trip Report, but i'll still look forward to your twitter/instagram posts.

Still so in love with reading your reports. I just love your attitude and your love for Disney so much. I am old enough to be your mother and yet I feel we could still hang out and have the best of times.

I was looking at your night with Ryan and you both went to see Beauty and the Beast. I hadn't thought this before but I think you looked a lot like Bell and he reminds me a lot of Gston. Hmmm?

HAPPY GRADUATION!!

My daughter starts her DCP in January! Can't wait for her to experience all the magic, and to start a new chapter in her life! Thanks for sharing your story!!

Congratulations Jess! As someone who has read all of your TR's and has been in on this one since day one I can honestly say I am so proud of you!

Jess, congratulations on graduating from DCP! You have such a way with words and we can't thank you enough for documenting your program so wonderfully. You have me in tears! I've followed you since the beginning and I must say that I'm so excited for the magical journey you have ahead of you!

-Dee

It's funny but those of us who were following from the bathrobe princess feel like when you find a great band before the rest of the world and your like yeah I knew they would make it big lol!

Sad to see it ending it's been part of my everyday for so long know that we will all miss this being spoiled by a six month trip report. We feel like we know you and this will be like saying goodbye to a friend I am sooo happy you moved there knowing you still there living a dream life makes it easier to end congratulations for the courage to follow your dreams!!:thumbsup2

Congratulations on your graduation!! Thanks for taking us along on an experience of a lifetime. I really enjoyed your report. May God bless all your future plans.

Jess,

Congratulations on your graduation and all that life has blessed you with.

I have so much I want to say but I am emotional over all that you have written and shared with us and I think my written thoughts would come out too frumpy. So I will simply say thank you for all that you have brought to all of your friends and fans and I for one cannot wait to hear more of your adventures.

Many sparkly dreams and hugs to you :)

Hi Jess -
I've been following for quite sometime (although late to the initial party) and throughout all those weeks I kept thinking that I should reply and find a way to express my feelings but couldn't initially find the words to capture it because I am so impressed by you and your journey, what I was going say mattered to me.

But then it hit me, it's actually very simple but at the same time probably the best compliment I can think of. Then I debated over if it would matter if I did or didn't post it. Then I read the mean and hurtful comments by some and hope that in some small way my words (along with the wonderful words of so many others) allow you to easily put that behind you and completely out of your mind. But I know that the few hurtful words hit so much harder than even the flood of kindness.

So, to borrow the beginning of one of the greatest lines in a movie ever (As Good As It Gets), my compliment to you is....

I hope my own children (DD 7, DS, already thinking of the DCP, 10) someday find the joy and passion for something, anything in their lives that you have found in yours; and in doing so approach it with the same amazing attitude and joy you have in your heart.

Best of luck to you in everything you do in your life now and in the future.

What an amazing journey you have taken! You have given us all a gift by sharing it with us. Continue to follow your dream - I believe they will take you very far!

You are at the top of the list in regards to "Must Follow Trip Reports". After following this from the beginning I began to realize how "real world" this is, how educational it can be for all that follow and for you, the scribe (Sorry - I couldn't think of a great Frump word!). Real world in the sense that as great as things are there can be moments of not so great; moments of pain in saying good bye; tears and emotion mixed in with elation. That's real, and I applaud you, in a standing ovation manner, for not leaving those out. The great lesson for you: The fact that this (the trip report) is real world in the sense of the feedback and responses, even the not so good one. Unfortunately, those folks, the downers, negatives - the haters, they will be with us forever. But never let them win, never join them - especially when dealing with them! Smile, stay positive and stay true to yourself. So congrats on your graduation, both from the DCP and from Life 101!

Oh Jess! I'm in tears reading your post! Life seems to be full of time periods that go at a snail's pace, yet also fly by in an instant at the same time. Weird, I know. Reading your comments made me flashback to several experiences in my life that were emotional roller coasters as well. It's so hard at the end because a part of you is relieved, but you also realize that it's kind of an end of an era, ya know?
Anyway, you are so gracious in sharing your experience with us! I know for everyone that has approached you to say hi because they love what you do, there are TONS of us out here that hope to do the same someday! I'm so excited you're continuing your dream! Thank you again for letting all of us tag along!

August 1st-5th, 2013 - Things Are Starting to Wrap Up!

First off, I just wanted to thank you all so much for your comments as we near the end of this trip report. You are all touching my heart and I am so glad I decided to stick it out and finish the report. I think it's hard to comprehend the joy that this story has brought to so many people worldwide, but your comments are making me more aware of it every day. I am so honored that you all have spent so much time reading and your support has played a major part in my college program. I just wanted to say a big thank you for that!

My program ended on August 9th so I only have a few more updates to go... so enjoy the last few posts!

August 1st, 2013

First off... I can't believe it's August. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?! How?! I don't understand how time suddenly started FLYING.

I worked from 6 am to 12:30 pm. Sidenote... It was Coronado's 16th Birthday today! HOORAY! Happy Birthday, Coronado!

10354990933_fb75096f3d_z.jpg

I went home after that and literally just passed out and took a nap. It was great. Then I woke up, took a shower, and met Ryan over at Epcot!

I went to Sunshine Seasons and got the beef stir fry with lo mein noodles (UM YUM!) and strawberry shortcake. SUCH A GOOD MEAL.

10354809425_b424e875f3_z.jpg

10354810024_41f4a63d57_z.jpg

After that we went to Mouse Gear and looked around. I bought the Eat, Sleep, Disney shirt that I have been eyeing since the beginning of my program.

Continued in Next Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 2nd, 2013

I worked from 6 am to 1 pm today. I took another afternoon nap and then met Ryan at Downtown Disney for dinner! We went to Wolfgang Puck Express. We LOVE that pizza.

10354809704_511f062395_z.jpg

10354806435_1f36a97587_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 3rd, 2013

I worked from 6 am to 12:30 pm today. I finished my fourth day in a row and was so excited to be able to sleep in tomorrow!

After work I met Ryan at Old Key West because that was our chosen resort to explore for the day.

10355090725_f69696512e_z.jpg

We decided to go to Olivia's for lunch!

They had a really good pin board in there today so I traded for an Eeyore pin and a Bruce pin from Finding Nemo! WOOHOO!

We got some pineapple coconut bread to start off with which we LOVED.

10354992833_6061e5c606_z.jpg

Then for my meal, I got the French Dipped Sandwich, aka a roast beef and arugula sandwich on a baguette with au jus sauce for dipping. It was REALLY good.

10354804335_477b8771e5_z.jpg

We basically spent the rest of the day chilling at Old Key West and then relaxed for the rest of the night. Work was wearing me out!

Continued in Next Post

August 4th and 5th, 2013

I worked on both of these days. After work I came home and started having to pack up my Patterson Court apartment. On the 5th, Maria was pretty much moved out since she had to switch apartments early for her extended college program. SO SAD, GUYS. SO SAD.

10355157904_3095c45f73_z.jpg

On one of the nights we went to Art of Animation to eat dinner!

10355279483_b5ebaa7ee6_z.jpg

We wanted to eat Create Your Own Pasta. It's like a Subway for pasta. It's the best. I got bow tie pasta with shrimp, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, and broccoli. YUM.

10354803724_b6c917fb85_z.jpg

Ryan got bow tie pasta with alfredo, chicken, and bacon.

10354802324_774395c91e_z.jpg

I also got Nutella gelato because HELLO! Perfection.

10354987603_23d738ea31_z.jpg

Continued in Next Post

August 6th, 2013 (Part 1) - "MR. PONY, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE TRAGEDY!?"

This morning I woke up at 7:45 am. On my own. WHY.

I got up, finished Mark's birthday present, and then got ready to go! Lindsay and I drove over to the Grand for our very last character meal of our DCP. TIME TO GET FANCY!

10355201864_e20c64e2d2_z.jpg

We checked in at 1900 Park Fare for our 10:10 am reservation. We did a princess pose picture in front of the castle backdrop.

10355370583_732aee32dc_z.jpg

10355182224_49e1464ae6_z.jpg

We had to wait about 20-30 minutes for our table, but it was well worth it!! We were seated at our table and we were brought the extremely delicious juice. YUMMY!

10355180205_972178c18e_z.jpg

Then we went up to the buffet and got the good stuff. MICKEY WAFFLES AND BREAKFAST PIZZA AND STRAWBERRY SOUP. Plus some other stuff, but those are the best. If you have never dipped Mickey Waffles in Strawberry soup... YOU HAVE NOT LIVED.

10355182246_973ba9cd4e_z.jpg

10355368513_cbdf944397_z.jpg

10355367693_71e318629f_z.jpg

Happy Lindsay! :-)

10355175825_87cd81bbce_z.jpg

Our first visitors were Tigger and Pooh! I LOVE THEM!!

10355364113_61ef773eed_z.jpg

10355362223_328e975894_z.jpg

10355172484_c6b2612f11_z.jpg

10355171134_05955d0f28_z.jpg

Mary Poppins was next! We all had a conversation about how our program was ending soon. She was sad that Lindsay and I weren't going to be roommates anymore but she was glad she got to meet us! I always feel fancier when Mary Poppins is in my presence.

10355170825_16ea9b059f_z.jpg

10355357853_c758e9c390_z.jpg

Alice was our next character and she was FANTASTIC. Oh my God, she was insanely awesome. Alice loved that Lindsay and I were best friends and she was SO sad that our program was ending! She was EXTREMELY energetic. She told Lindsay that they looked like twins because they were wearing the same colors, just like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!

10355170296_80aec561a4_z.jpg

10355169696_a4e942a7fe_z.jpg

Pooh and Tigger came around for a few more hugs!

10355166834_ac4e8d819d_z.jpg

10355165844_3dc8def1e4_z.jpg

10355164955_5a33608002_z.jpg

10355353973_16f07a853e_z.jpg

Our last character was the Mad Hatter. We watched all of his interactions at the tables leading up to ours. He had the WITTIEST comments I had ever heard. He said something about the color green.. I can't remember what it was.. but I repeated it because I thought it was so funny, and he heard me and was like "YES, THAT IS WHAT I SAID!" I died laughing even more.

Him and Alice were spot on fabulous this morning. When the Mad Hatter came over to us, he asked how Lindsay and I knew each other. We said that we were roommates, but only for two more days. So the Mad Hatter said (picture this in his EXACT voice from the movie) "TWO MORE DAYS!?!?!"

Then he ran over to the couple sitting at the table next to us, "DID YOU HEAR THAT?! THEY'RE ONLY GOING TO BE ROOMMATES FOR TWO MORE DAYS!!!"

Then he went over to the carousel horse that was next to us and while hugging his leg he said "MR. PONY. DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE TRAGEDY!?!?!!"

10355347483_cdc9c9bd25_z.jpg

100% dying of laughter.

I don't think we could stop saying "MR. PONY!!!!" all day long. :lmao:

Afterwards he composed himself and I was like "I know, it's sad isn't it?" and he was like "yes, didn't you just see my reaction!?" LOL honestly that was probably the best character experience I have EVER had. Ever. I wish I had it on video more than anything.

10355352983_68751072ed_z.jpg

10355351543_d840f08555_z.jpg

We were laughing so hard we were crying for the rest of breakfast. MR. PONY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THE TRAGEDY!?! Ohhh Mr. Pony. How I miss Lindsay so much.

Continued in Next Post

August 6th, 2013 (Part 2) - Last Roomie Day at Magic Kingdom and France for Dinner!

We left 1900 Park Fare around 12 o'clock and then headed on to our next destination! We took the monorail to the Magic Kingdom! The first thing we did was grab some sorcerer cards and I traded the last three pins that I had!

We made our way to Frontierland and decided to hop on the WDW Railroad. We actually had to WAIT for the railroad. I know, right? It was crazy busy that day!

We got off at Storybook Circus and got in line for Minnie Mouse and Daisy! We waited about 45 minutes for them... but it was okay because it got us out of the heat. I was alright with that.

They were both really cute and Lindsay hadn't met them in this location yet, so it was a must do before she left!!

10355351073_0d345f9284_z.jpg

10355160114_46caae12c3_z.jpg

Right when we finished meeting them, we trekked back over to Adventureland and lined up for Aladdin and Jasmine about 30 minutes before they arrived. This was great because we were like the third or fourth group in line.

Finally they came outside and we were all SO excited! Aladdin and Jasmine spent a lot of time with us. We somehow got on the topic of the Halloween parade and how Abu needs to find a way to steal some of the candy so they can have it later!

Aladdin and Jasmine's energy was contagious! What a magical final meet and greet for Lindsay on her college program. SO SAD!

10355158634_579e822aab_z.jpg

After that, the heat was getting to us. So we headed out of the Magic Kingdom at that point. But not without taking a picture in front of the castle together!

10355156264_7200b97672_z.jpg

10355344703_21209907fe_z.jpg

We drove back to Patterson with our usual playlist in the background, and then it was time to go escape into the air conditioning. Yay.

I spent some time packing… or relaxing… I can’t really remember. Either way, I’m sure they were both productive. I may have taken a nap. Who knows.

When Ryan got out of work, he came over to Patterson for a little bit while I continued packing. We were both really hungry though, so after hanging out there we decided to make a little trip over to Epcot to get some dinner! Ryan mentioned the French Bakery and from then on we were both craving it. It needed to happen.

We drove over to Epcot and went to France. I love that I could just do that. Craving France... goes to France. PERFECT.

We got there about 30 minutes before park closing and we got our food. I decided to get lobster bisque and a ham and cheese croissant. Definitely one of the best combinations EVER. This French bakery is such a hidden gem.

10355151474_262ed243ce_z.jpg

Then Ryan made a brand new incredible discovery. He was starving so he got a ham and cheese croissant, but he ALSO got a Croque Monsieur which was INSANELY delicious. I don’t know why neither of us have gotten that before! It was so good that I actually got an extra one so I could take it home and have it for lunch tomorrow. New favorite!

10355341653_3129fedf83_z.jpg

We finished eating after IllumiNations was over, and then we literally went back to Patterson right after that. Ryan dropped me off and I fell asleep almost instantly when I got home. I was exhausted!

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter