• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Character Warehouse

auntread

DIS Veteran
**Not sure if this is the right place to post this. If not, Mods, please move to correct Forum**
I was wondering if any one who has been to the Disney Character Warehouses could say which one of the two is better, or are they both pretty much the same? thanks for any help.

I'm curious about this too - we planned some time to hit the outlet store on our trip too...

I can't say which is better, only went to one, but I wasn't impressed. I expected it to be much bigger. It did have a few cool things I'm not saying don't go, but I was underwhelmed. Not something I would spend my precious vacation time doing again.

We went to the one near Disney Springs last summer and it was okay, we didn't get anything and actually spent more time getting a treat at Mrs Fields than we did at the store. When I got home I found a blog by someone who detailed pretty much every detail of the store so you could decide if it was worth going (oopps too bad I didn't find it first). I won't say it was a waste, I am glad we went but I don't know that I will bother to go back again anytime, unless I find the blog and see something I have to have. I will see if I can find a link or maybe someone else will remember in the mean time???

I like them both and on our last trip, I made it a point to go to both. Sometimes one will have something the other one doesn't have. Plus I love it for all the great Disney things that you want but don't want to pay full price for. In March, I got my MVMCP 2015 shirt that I had liked when I went to it in December but didn't want to spend all that money on a t-shirt.

The one on Vineland is bigger and I think much better! We've gotten some nice clothing and souvenirs there.

I can't say which is better, only went to one, but I wasn't impressed. I expected it to be much bigger. It did have a few cool things I'm not saying don't go, but I was underwhelmed. Not something I would spend my precious vacation time doing again.

My thoughts exactly. We went to the one on Vineland last year and thought it was a complete waste of time for us. Of course it really depends on what you are shopping for, but when I go to an "Outlet" I expect to pay a lot less than the normal store, even if it is last years merchandise. The prices I saw on things we would have been interested in were no different than the regular store prices and higher than online. If you have a day with no tickets for a park, go, but definitely would not waste a ticket day going there and part of the day in the parks. Just MHO.

The mention of the MVMCP reminded me that while we were there in July there was a fair amount of discounted Flower and Garden memorabilia. If I was a more frequent traveler to Disney and had been there during F&G I most definitely would have scooped up some of those items. I think the warehouse is perfect for things like that!

Also, it looks like the blog I read was part of touring plans but I don't see anything recent.

I will add to the of people not impressed. Did it on our off day and was really disappointed that we spent our time there.

I also found them to be a waste of time. Going to the outlets, then swing through. But I wouldn't make it a point to go specifically for the character warehouse

We went for our first time on our arrival day last Friday, a week ago, and you can add me to the not impressed list. I was so excited to go there and talked it up to my mom and sisters and it probably wasn't worth going out of your way for. I'm sure it depends on the season and if they've just gotten stuff in or not. We did buy a couple of things, but overall I was underwhelmed. I guess I was expecting more. We were at the location closest to Disney (Vineland) and I thought that was supposed to be the bigger of the two.

I found the most recent blog post from Touring Plans - http://blog.touringplans.com/2016/04/30/mmm_042016/. Near the bottom they have links to the older blogs.

Guess we are the opposite. We always go when we are down there!!!

I think both are good...just like any outlet it can be hit or miss.

I got a beautiful tree skirt for 30 dollars that I had seen the day before still at epcot for 100.

$14 t shirts. Good looking ones too...not junk ones.

My husband got a hoodie for 14 that was still at world of Disney the next day for 56 dollars.

Don't be dissuaded
.. try it at least once.

There isn't a forum specifically for shopping. Since this isn't theme park shopping, I moved it to the community subforum.

I can't remember the last time I went to Character Connection. I get t-shirts, PJs, bags, etc. at the Walmart on Turkey Lake Rd. They are at the front of the store, so I don't have to venture very far.

I-Drive used to be the better of the 2 however it got cut in half for the sake of building a Panera Bread and when I went a few weeks ago I was unimpressed as I used to get allot of things there. My sister says Vineland has gotten much better.

The traffic at the outlet mall on I-Drive can be horrible. We went there back in February on a Sunday and the traffic was so bad we left without parking. I've been told on these forums that you have to go either very early or very late to beat the traffic.

The traffic at the outlet mall on Vineland was fine, and they have a parking deck. If you are just going to the Disney outlet, park in the parking deck and walk over (it isn't far.) They did seem to have a good bit of stuff there, geared mostly to younger children (stuffed animals, toys, etc.) They only had one style of mouse ears, though.

What was interesting is that some of the same stuffed animals they were selling there were also being sold in the parks. The outlet was at least 50% cheaper.

We went after our 2013 trip and thought it was great! This time we're going on the way down. Last time we bought tons of Vinylmations (IIRC they were something like 6 for $12 and cheaper the more you bought). We bought coloring books, stuffed animals, etc.

We're going to go on the way to WDW this trip and we're hoping we find as many great things as our last trip! I really want a D&B purse!

ETA: I've been checking youtube videos to see what is currently there. Last time I checked nothing new posted in the last few weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter