Disney Channel Night - After Hours Event

Rich M

DIS Veteran
I haven't seen anybody really talking about this event. I got tickets for March 5th mostly so that my grandson can get on some of his non Genie Plus rides with little to no wait. Who else is going? What are you looking forward to about this event? Have you seen anything that you feel is a not to miss opportunity?

My girls and I are going on the 7th; it will be our first-ever after-hours event. We go to Disneyland often so will be doing the opposite of you--we go on rides often so plan to focus our time on the exclusive things going on. We hope to meet some unique characters and try some unique food items, but are probably most looking forward to the Phineas & Ferb dance party.

My girls and I are going on the 7th; it will be our first-ever after-hours event. We go to Disneyland often so will be doing the opposite of you--we go on rides often so plan to focus our time on the exclusive things going on. We hope to meet some unique characters and try some unique food items, but are probably most looking forward to the Phineas & Ferb dance party.
Smart plan. I go often also and have gone to many after hour events. This will be my grandson second event but first in Disneyland so for him its always a crap shoot but I figure its worth the extra money to avoid his meltdowns in waiting in line during the day. I am hopeful he will enjoy the extra stuff. My sister will defiantly take advantage of the rare photos.

I won't be able to make it but I'm curious if Bluey and her family will be there!

I haven't seen anybody really talking about this event. I got tickets for March 5th mostly so that my grandson can get on some of his non Genie Plus rides with little to no wait. Who else is going? What are you looking forward to about this event? Have you seen anything that you feel is a not to miss opportunity?
I'm going March 7. Can we get an update from you on how the things went?

I'm not going to the event, but I love that they have Disney Afternoon characters. Knowing that the characters can exist in the park gives me hope that I might get to meet them at a future event or trip to the parks.

I'm going on the 7th and I'm curious to see how different this will be from the 90's night they had back in March 2019.

Just got settled into our room after the party. I thought this party was decent. I can’t speak to the characters or card board cut out picture ops because it’s not my thing. I will say the longest ride line was 20 mins. Most was walk on which my grandson loved. I think the dance parties was a lot of fun. I will say the average age of this party seemed to be 20 to 30. I heard one 22 or 23 year old guy say “there is too many kids here.”
Overall for us it was nice and we enjoyed our time. They give you a lanyard pass that I thought was one of the best ones of all the parties. They also give you a light stick that my grandson loved collecting from others that dropped them. I did not try any of the special food but when mobile ordering most waits was over 100 mins except Cosmic Galaxy one that was right away so got my grandson something there as I opted for Earl of Sandwich. We didn’t think we were going to make it because of a family emergency but was able to book a last minute flight to get down in time. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask but we did not even get to the party until 9 PM. Hope everyone enjoys Thursday.

Just got settled into our room after the party. I thought this party was decent. I can’t speak to the characters or card board cut out picture ops because it’s not my thing. I will say the longest ride line was 20 mins. Most was walk on which my grandson loved. I think the dance parties was a lot of fun. I will say the average age of this party seemed to be 20 to 30. I heard one 22 or 23 year old guy say “there is too many kids here.”
Overall for us it was nice and we enjoyed our time. They give you a lanyard pass that I thought was one of the best ones of all the parties. They also give you a light stick that my grandson loved collecting from others that dropped them. I did not try any of the special food but when mobile ordering most waits was over 100 mins except Cosmic Galaxy one that was right away so got my grandson something there as I opted for Earl of Sandwich. We didn’t think we were going to make it because of a family emergency but was able to book a last minute flight to get down in time. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask but we did not even get to the party until 9 PM. Hope everyone enjoys Thursday.
Sounds like a great time! I'm glad you had fun. Sorry about your family emergency, though.

How does check-in for the party work? Do you show them your party tickets at the turnstile when you first enter, or is there a special party check-in spot somewhere else?

When you say the mobile order waits were over 100 minutes, does that mean the only ways to eat are to book one of the dining packages or eat from food carts? Or was it like during the day where spots that offer mobile order also have walk-up lines? How many eating places were open at all?

Which dance parties were your favorites and why?

How crowded did the park feel overall?

How does check-in for the party work? Do you show them your party tickets at the turnstile when you first enter, or is there a special party check-in spot somewhere else?

When you say the mobile order waits were over 100 minutes, does that mean the only ways to eat are to book one of the dining packages or eat from food carts? Or was it like during the day where spots that offer mobile order also have walk-up lines? How many eating places were open at all?

When I went to Star Wars nite we scanned in at the turnstiles with our regular ticket and then there was a check in area for partygoers where we got our lanyards. I think it's the same way for all the parties.

You can check in at the turnstiles or if your in the park prior you can go to the event check in near Space Mountain.

You can walk up and order but when I checked mobile order it said that was the next time available. When I walked past some dining locations there was lines for Jolly and also in toon town. Other places had no line.

The P & F one in Tomorrowland was great. The crowd was very hyped up. There was a show near small world and at rivers of America that looked like people where having a great time but my grandson didn’t want to stop and just stand in one spot long since his legs hurt lol.

Honestly the park did not seem crowded. When walking from Galaxy edge to hungry bear to get my magic key keepsake my grandson said we are the only ones left in the park lol.

I'll need to see more

For me I think no matter what for that price would never have worked out but I think Disney needs to do better at advertising these

Lots of Disney Afternoon stuff but in nothing I saw before had would you know that it felt like only a few select live action shows were going to be apart of this....then they had a gargoyles Photo Op.....thats great. Maybe next time tell people but thats just me, no idea why they focused on like 4 IPS when they had like 20+ shows/movies represented

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter