Disney California Adventure - Park Opening Strategy 6/18

DLRExpert

and WDWExpert?
Updated from my visit in 6/18 for the increase in capacity.

Everything you do is determined by how early you arrive inside of the park and when you get a Boarding Group for Web Slingers.
Just know that the park since 6/15 has opened its gates and attractions by 810-815am.
Here are my multiple scenario recommendations.

Arriving inside the park before 745am and having the first Boarding Group (BG) Web Slingers (WS) return time.
8am-820am: Head to Cars Land and ride RSR first.
830am-9am: Head AC and ride WS. Goal is to be out of AC by 9am and heading to Pixar Pier.
9am-930am: Head to Toy Story Midway Mania and then Pal Around
930am-10am: Ride the Little Mermaid or Grizzly River. Goal is to be in line for Grizzly before 950am.
Rest of the day is up to you, keep an eye on the app and wait in the line you feel most comfortable in.

Arriving inside the park SLIGHTLY AFTER 8am and having the first BG WS return time.
830am-9am: Head to Paradise Pier and ride Toy Story Midway Mania and the Pal Around.
9am-930am: Head AC and ride WS.
930am-10am: Head to Grizzly (want to be in line before 10am), then the Little Mermaid
Rest of the day is up to you, keep an eye on the app and wait in the line you fee most comfortable in

Arriving inside the park before 745am and having a later BG WS return time.
8am-820am: Head to Cars Land and ride RSR first.
830am-945am: Head Paradise Pier and ride Toy Story Midway Mania, then Pal Around, followed by Incredicoaster, Whirlwind, Goofy Sky School, then whatever else you have time for.
945am: Ride Grizzly (want to be on before 10am).

Arriving inside the park SLIGHTLY AFTER 8am and having a later BG WS return time.
830am-945am: Head Paradise Pier and ride Toy Story Midway Mania, then Pal Around, followed by Incredicoaster, Whirlwind, Goofy Sky School, then whatever else you have time for.
945am: Ride Grizzly (want to be on before 10am).

ME

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips! I'm starting a Google Doc for my family and to keep track of things because I feel like so much has changed since my last multi-day trip just a couple of years ago. Your strategy was my very first entry in my "Helpful Hints" section.

Thanks for the tips! I'm starting a Google Doc for my family and to keep track of things because I feel like so much has changed since my last multi-day trip just a couple of years ago. Your strategy was my very first entry in my "Helpful Hints" section.

This is going to keep changing as capacity limits. guidelines changes, and available services are updated. Hence the date listed. I will update if anything changes as Friends and I can go quite often.

Thanks so much! This is just our second trip to DL, and it's hard to plan it without FP/Maxpass. Your tips are so helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter