Disney Bus System and horseback riding

Captn_Jack219

'Grumpy' before Coffee
I'm planning on doing the horseback riding at the Tri Circle D Ranch, but I have one question. If I'm planning on taking the bus system would I have to go to DD first and then to the resort or can I go from a resort to another resort? I would like to schedule the 8:30 horseback ride, but dont the buses usually start runnign at 8:30?:confused3

Getting over there can be a royal pain :headache:

I took my DD horseback riding one year when we stayed at the Poly. We took the boat to MK then the Ft Wilderness boat. Once you get there you have to take the internal bus. It was very time consuming and a little confusing :sad2: Unfortunately the concierge at the Poly gave me some bad advice :mad:

Depending on where you are staying, I would say take a bus to MK (or any park) then take the Ft Wilderness bus. That should be the easiest way other than taking a Taxi--which would be the quickest & easiest way. Once you get to Ft Wilderness, just ask a CM which way to go from there. Busses start running an hour or so before park openings (someone else can tell you for sure, but I think they start at 7 from the resorts, not sure at all about DTD)

The trail ride was fun, the horses were very good (well behaved/trained). Horseback riding skills are unecessary. You do have to have closed shoes (gym shoes or boots) absolutely no sandals allowed. Jeans are recommended. If you are bringing a small child, make sure to check out the age/height requirements. They are very strict about it and will not allow any exceptions.

Have fun and keep an eye out for armadillos, deer, and all sorts of other creatures :goodvibes

I'll echo that if you are doing the early mornign ride, I'd take a cab to assure you get there on time.

I drove there but if I didn't have a car I would most definitely take a cab since its at a different location than where the main buses stop - meaning you are doing alot of transferring to get where you are going.

Liz

I took my DD horseback riding on our January trip. We were staying at POR. I looked at all the options and decided that the easiest thing to do was use a taxi. It would have taken me a least an hour travel time to get to the horse barn. That was the best case. It cost me $6 for the taxi. I felt like it was worth it considering I was traveling with 3 children. Definitely worth the money, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Especially if I was wanting to get there that early in the morning. It depends on where you are staying on what it will cost. Good Luck!!

Nikki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter