Disney bells, Disney bells, Disney all the way! HEY! See ya real soon!

Poohtigeey

DIS Veteran
OK. I'm gonna try this! I'm going to write a pre-trip report!
Reason 1: My family is sick of hearing about our upcoming trip.
Reason 2: My co-workers are sick of hearing about our upcoming trip.
Reason 3: My friends are sick of hearing about our upcoming trip.

So, you guys are my outlet. From what I can gather being on these boards, there are people on here more obsessed with Disney than me! So they want to hear about my upcoming trip right? Please? Humor me! My wish is that one person will read this. Kind of like posting a new thread than hoping someone replys!

Here's the cast:
Me. My names Monica. I'm 31:scared1: It still hurts a little to type that in. I just started homeschooling my son, so I'm home during the week and work PT on the weekends as a receptionist.

DH Dave 36. (Please Dave don't read this.) I think he likes Disney. I believe I asked him once, but I don't know what he said!:lmao: He smiles in the pictures, and rides the rides, and we're still married so I think that means yes.

DS Hunter will be 6 in Nov. Super silly, super smart. :love: Sorry had to brag for a moment! He is very excited about our upcoming trip. Our last trip was 2 weeks before he turned 3 (So he would be free!:laughing: ) Gotta save $$ however we can! He was literally a hair too short to ride the mountains. Also, he acts like he remembers, but I think he just watches our videos way too much! Yes, we're the people who video tape the rides, shows, parades, and meals.

DD Megan will be 2 in Dec during our trip. Also super silly. (We're not sure how we got these 2 Goofy kids. Well, we know how we got them... Nevermind!) She keeps us laughing all day long!:love: I'm so excited to take her to Disney for the first time.:wizard:

And my mom Peggy, you can imagine her any age you want! (In case she reads this!) My mom joins us on all of our vacations. We like to have her be a part of our memories (and help wrangle the kids). On our last DW trip it was great because one person had the camera, one person had the video camera, and one person had Hunter. All bases covered!

So, rewind to April. My mom and I are doing a little shopping when we spot a AAA. I say, "Lets just go in and get a quote." Forty five minutes, and 3 suckers for Megan later, I have us booked for 7 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge with 7 day park hopper, and dining plan. Time to go home and tell Dave the good news...

Next installment: Dave doesn't think it's good news, we're not staying at AKL, we're not staying 7 nights...:confused:

I too hope that somesone will reply to my Pre-trip report. Yours sounds great. Maybe DH will soon come around.
Like you I think my co-workers think I'm absolutely crazy:banana: . They can't believe that I would go to DW instead of somewhere tropical... There is no other place I would rather go.
Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip, and by the way what state do you live in?

I think that if you watch DH closely while at the World you might catch a few tears on his cheeks. I would also suggest a steady diet of Disney Channel or your favorite Dis/Pixar Movies LOL:happytv: :woohoo:

Great start! I look forward to reading about your trip planning and then about your actual trip. I am going around the same time next December so this report will be very informative for me.

I too hope that somesone will reply to my Pre-trip report. Yours sounds great. Maybe DH will soon come around.
Like you I think my co-workers think I'm absolutely crazy:banana: . They can't believe that I would go to DW instead of somewhere tropical... There is no other place I would rather go.
Can't wait to hear more about your upcoming trip, and by the way what state do you live in?

Yeah! I have readers!!! I know I'm in the minority, but sitting on a sandy beach doing the same thing for 7 days, with dirty birds flying over my head, swimming in water with fish bumping into me is not what I consider to be fun! Give me Disney any day!:banana: My SIL went to SC this summer, and she wore her crocs into the water. A fish (or something) got into her shoe! :eek: I would have a heartattack!:eek: :eek: :eek:

We're in Ohio. Setting another record heat today!:sunny: :scared: :scared1:
:-)scared: Pretend that this guy is sweating, not scared!)

Wow I figured out how to multi quote!

I think that if you watch DH closely while at the World you might catch a few tears on his cheeks. I would also suggest a steady diet of Disney Channel or your favorite Dis/Pixar Movies LOL:happytv: :woohoo:
Yes, I have been brainwashing him for years now!

Great start! I look forward to reading about your trip planning and then about your actual trip. I am going around the same time next December so this report will be very informative for me.
Welcome, and thank you. I am so excited about going in December. I hope I can help with your planning!:santa:

We are going in December too - can't wait to hear what you have planned.
I'd like to hear your plans too. When will you be there? From your ticker I'm guessing the week before us? Thanks for reading!

You've come to the right place if you're looking for obsessed people. I've had to resort to posting here too because DH has had enough and my DSs don't know. And won't know. I can't believe you told yours! Have fun with that...for the next few months. :lmao:

I'm 31 too. Something about that age apparently. And I have a 5 yo (but he won't be 6 until March). My other DSs turned 2 in June (I'm with ya on the saving money thing!). He won't be tall enough for the mountains :sad2: but I guess that will give him something new for next time. My 5 yo is tall enough for everything now, but he's a fraidy cat. I'll be lucky to get him on the Barnstormer (actually, I know he'll get on that, but only because the 2 you IS tall enough for that one). :rolleyes1

I'm looking forward to the next installment.

P.S. TexasBelle, I will check out your PTR tonight. I totally thought no one was going to read mine for a few days too. :) I have a couple of people now.

You've come to the right place if you're looking for obsessed people. I've had to resort to posting here too because DH has had enough and my DSs don't know. And won't know. I can't believe you told yours! Have fun with that...for the next few months. :lmao:

I'm 31 too. Something about that age apparently. And I have a 5 yo (but he won't be 6 until March). My other DSs turned 2 in June (I'm with ya on the saving money thing!). He won't be tall enough for the mountains :sad2: but I guess that will give him something new for next time. My 5 yo is tall enough for everything now, but he's a fraidy cat. I'll be lucky to get him on the Barnstormer (actually, I know he'll get on that, but only because the 2 you IS tall enough for that one). :rolleyes1

I'm looking forward to the next installment.

P.S. TexasBelle, I will check out your PTR tonight. I totally thought no one was going to read mine for a few days too. :) I have a couple of people now.

Welcome! I told my son because I can't keep a secret, my mom can't keep a secret, and Hunter loves to talk about Disney with me! He'll ride anything! He'll probably be a hair too short to ride Rock N Roller and Primeval this trip!:confused3

Ok, so we left off with my mom and I leaving AAA with a booked stay at AKL. I've wanted to stay here since they opened, and Hunter LOVES animals so this was so exciting! (Don't get too excited Monica)

Let me give you a little background on my husband... Dave is a wonderful husband. He is very laid back (not me), he is not a planner (I plan & fret over EVERYTHING), he does not care to make the decisions (I want to be in control). So we are a perfect fit. I hear "that's fine" on most decisions, but if he has an opinion, I listen up. If he actually has an opinion on something then I know he has a good reason.

Monica:"I reserved 7 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Here is the quote I got. It's not a bad price"

Dave:"I thought you were just going to AAA to talk to someone"

Monica:"I did. Here's the quote."

Dave:"But you booked it!"

Monica:"No, I reserved it."

Dave:"I can't believe you booked it without talking to me"

Monica:"I didn't. I reserved it. There's a difference."

This went on for awhile. He didn't get it. This actually went on for a couple of days. It got a little ugly:eek:. We are on a budget, but I thought we could do it. He didn't. Why didn't he reveal his feelings before I went to AAA? The world may never know:sad2: So, we comprimised. (Him more than me):rolleyes1

So I call the travel agent. She calls Disney. She calls me back with Disney on hold. Apparently Disney couldn't fathom someone going from a Deluxe hotel booking to a value. I was changing everything. We were going down to 5 nights at Pop, 6 day hopper. Well, we went back and forth until I was convinced! (I have no self control or will power I guess). We're staying at POR because we can get a trundle bed. 6 nights, 7 day hopper because its not much more than 6, with the dining plan. I casually told Dave. He said OK.:love:

We're going to Disney World!!:cool1:!!:woohoo:!!:dance3:!! This is how I feel inside! So, Dec 9-15 Port Orleans Riverside here we come!

Next installment: I have 2 months to completely educate myself on the dining plan, and every single restaurant on Disney property before I can call for ADR's.

Silly husband, doesn't he know that when it comes to vacation planning he should just nod and agree with everything you decide!

I have heard many great things about POR so hopefully you will have a wonderful stay!

Silly husband, doesn't he know that when it comes to vacation planning he should just nod and agree with everything you decide!

I have heard many great things about POR so hopefully you will have a wonderful stay!

It's my own fault! He would know nothing about our budget/finances if I didn't keep him updated! "Yes honey, we have plenty of money for Disney.";)

My only concern about POR is it being spread out. We stayed at CBR once, and were in the farthest building from food court etc. Never again! I would request a certain building, but I don't know which one to request! But being on the dining plan we won't be eating at the food court like we usually do!

Wow. You really do sound like me. I do the finances (read: I do the worrying). I do the planning. And Matt says: Whatever, you decide, or I don't care.

We're staying at ASSports this time, but we did AKL for DSs 4th birthday in March 2006 and it was awesome. My DS loved the animals too (my younger DS was only 9 months at the time). We only got to do it because we got a GREAT rate though. I worked at Disney Reservations for a little over three months when I was pregnant (well, I found out I was pregnant while I was working there, and that was a lot of the reason I quit) with little DS. Anyway, I kept some friends there after I quit and I got a Cast Member rate or something. I think. It's already fuzzy. But it was an awesome rate.

POR is my FAVORITE Moderate (it's been a while since I've stayed there. I don't think my DSs every have), but I like that it's spread out. It makes it feel like a deluxe to me. It's one of the few places that's not a deluxe that you can have 5 people in the room because of the roll-away (although you're DD doesn't "count". The rule is 4+ in all values and most moderates and that "+" means "under 3").

Anyway, you are going to have such a great time. I love Disney in December. :santa: If it wasn't for the fact that we're getting free dining (and that I only have to wait another 10 days), I'd be very jealous. I will be very jealous in about three weeks! :rolleyes1

Wow. You really do sound like me. I do the finances (read: I do the worrying). I do the planning. And Matt says: Whatever, you decide, or I don't care.

We're staying at ASSports this time, but we did AKL for DSs 4th birthday in March 2006 and it was awesome. My DS loved the animals too (my younger DS was only 9 months at the time). We only got to do it because we got a GREAT rate though. I worked at Disney Reservations for a little over three months when I was pregnant (well, I found out I was pregnant while I was working there, and that was a lot of the reason I quit) with little DS. Anyway, I kept some friends there after I quit and I got a Cast Member rate or something. I think. It's already fuzzy. But it was an awesome rate.

POR is my FAVORITE Moderate (it's been a while since I've stayed there. I don't think my DSs every have), but I like that it's spread out. It makes it feel like a deluxe to me. It's one of the few places that's not a deluxe that you can have 5 people in the room because of the roll-away (although you're DD doesn't "count". The rule is 4+ in all values and most moderates and that "+" means "under 3").

Anyway, you are going to have such a great time. I love Disney in December. :santa: If it wasn't for the fact that we're getting free dining (and that I only have to wait another 10 days), I'd be very jealous. I will be very jealous in about three weeks! :rolleyes1

I am excited to stay at POR, and going in Dec. :yay: :yay: :yay: I know what you mean about being jealous after you get back. After Dec I'll do a trip report, but might not be on the Dis much!:sad1:

My mom wanted to meet us for part of this trip with my Grandma. :rolleyes: It didn't work out to be good timing though (they just finally sold their house in FL after a year), so now she's saying something about going "in the Spring". It would be her, my grandma, my boys, and me. Matt probably couldn't get off work. So that works out doubly good for me. This trip gets to be just the four of us (which it isn't often), and then I get to go again in the spring. Matt and I aren't planning to go again for about two years :( so it would be awesome to have another trip to look forward to so soon. I'm not getting my hopes up though. My mom changes her mind every 3 second. But we'll see. A girl can hope. :goodvibes

ETA: I just realized that whole post was about me, on your PTR. That's not fair. Have you ever been at Christmas? I LOVE Disney at that time of year. It's cooler, the crowds are not bad, and the World is decorated. It's awesome. If you have any questions please ask. I've been a few times at Christmas (we used to go to MVMCP every year until we moved OUT of FL :( ). I know it's hard to wait, but at least you still have a lot of "planning" (looking forward to) time left. :)

I just found your report and am loving it! It seems to be quite common for one spouse to book the trip and then "inform" the other!:rotfl2:

I'm so excited that DH came around.... For us, DH was so afraid that I would call our TA and cancel the trip because we had to pay for our DS19 1st semester in college. But I didn't and now there are only 7 more morning until we leave, just the 2 of us. Are we crazy or what?
But I'm really excited for you can't wait to read more about your trip.:cool1:

I just found your report and am loving it! It seems to be quite common for one spouse to book the trip and then "inform" the other!:rotfl2:

Winkers, I feel like I know you because I started reading Nebo's trip report, and comments and I've seen your name alot!!! Welcome!

I'm so excited that DH came around.... For us, DH was so afraid that I would call our TA and cancel the trip because we had to pay for our DS19 1st semester in college. But I didn't and now there are only 7 more morning until we leave, just the 2 of us. Are we crazy or what?
But I'm really excited for you can't wait to read more about your trip.:cool1:

That's so great for you and your hubby! We went for our honeymoon in '98, but I didn't know Disney then like I do now! I'd love some day to do an adults only trip. Much different!

Well this dining plan thing is a big deal for us. It's actually the one thing about this trip my husband agreed on! The thought of not having to take out his wallet everytime we needed to eat, and hear the "cha ching" in his head was HUGE! Also, in the 3 other times we've gone (I don't count childhood 1 days) we've eaten at 3 table service restaurants! We eat at Crystal Palace everytime. We like the food, and I love Pooh & Friends! My DH says I'm like a kid looking around the restaurant waiting for them to get to our table! Somebody once asked me how Eeyore's tail was attached so I have a really good picture of Eeyore's butt! Sorry, off topic! DH & I ate at Sci Fi on our honeymoon:love: Last time we went we ate at 1900 Park Fair because my DS, yes that's right, my DS was obsessed with Cinderella and the other princesses! All he talked about was going to meet "the girls", and how he was going to kiss them! (He was 2 1/2). Should I be worried?

So needless to say I wasn't too familiar with the restaurants. Things I had to consider were the fact that I am kind of picky, and I don't eat seafood. Want to know how picky I am? I didn't even attempt to get ADR's at Cinderella's Royal Table because there was not one thing on the lunch menu that I would eat! My son is a little picky, but eats the standard PBj, Mac and Cheese. So I spent many hours on allears reading menus. I pretty much know what I'm going to order in Dec! I gave my son a heads up about the limited menu for kids and he said, "That's perfect, I love grapes, apples, and mac and cheese!" I hope by now you're getting what a planner I am. It's almost a sickness!:sick: So after slaving over Disney's hours, when parades ran, and where we (oh I'm sorry, did I say we? I meant I!) wanted to eat, here's what I put together: Crystal Palace, 50's Prime Time, Coral Reef, Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's for DD's 2nd Bday, and Boma. Yes Boma. I read the menu many times, and I really think I'll be OK there. I've heard that the food is labeled. I don't eat things if I don't know what they are so there's no way I'm going to mistakingly eat zebra or elephant trunk! Now all I have to do is wait until June and make my ADR's. I'll get exactly what I want, right? Well...

Next installment: What's a Candlelight Processional Package? Why can't we drive all night then be ready to attend the Christmas party our first night?:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter