• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney At Home

We have a bunch of different Disney books on our bookshelves (as well as the Buddha Board we bought at Epcot), also we have a lot of small Disney decorations decorating our house. Things like tiki mugs from the poly, tiki bowls, coasters, other glasses, and some framed attraction posters in the kids room.

We play Disney games, like Headbandz and Cranium. We also listen to the Disney station on Pandora. We watch the Disney Parks channel on YouTube too.

Some may say that we have way too much Disney stuff in our home but it makes us happy and keeps the magic alive :). We even have hidden
Mickeys, little Mickey head decals that I've hidden all over the house. My kids friends love coming over to look for them :)

My kitchen is red with black and yellow accents, it's my subtle way of doing it Mickey themed. I also have kitchen utensils and stuff from WDW. The kids playroom is Disney themed as well is their bathroom. My DDs room is Disney princesses, she's got a huge mural of Cinderellas castle on one wall. My younger DSs room used to be Toy Story but it's more Marvel and Super Mario Bros. now :). Our "movie room" in the basement has a huge Star Wars Jetfighter Fathead on it.

We have every Disney game out there, a whole bookshelf devoted just to them. And we do Disney movie nights once a month. We go all out with food and decorations, we used to do crafts and activities but as the kids get older, they tend to not want to do them as much;). Everything is very subtle, not so much in your face, except at Christmas, I do a separate Disney tree and have a huge amount of Disney Christmas
decorations!

First, let me say I like Disney and enjoy some of the items we have around the house for decoration. I use the word "some" because I would really like to tone it down. We have 5 Thomas Kinkade painting, only have 4 up and need to rotate one. My husband has collected Disney cells for years and I have a Star Wars Mickey Mouse one hanging in my bedroom. Our home has vaulted ceilings and I have an "overhang" around the kitchen and have many, many Disney cookie jars. Right now we have both Infinity video games and all the players/characters. My husband has each in an individual display case and it's all surrounding our TV. I like it, but it's beginning to be an eye sore. Now I have Infinity 3.0 to look forward to so that means more. UGH! My husband is a HUGE collector of the fine collectibles. Has some amazing Armani pieces and limited pieces from many years ago, all in display around TV. It's just the tip of the iceberg for us. Like I said, I like Disney but I would like to tone it down a little. My husband on the other hand, that's a different story.

We have just a few of Kinkade's paintings of Disney. We love them and are so colorful. I collect some Dopey's but they need to very unusual for me to get them.

SandyinMonterey we will be down your way tomorrow. At least your weather is so nice and cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter