Disney Area Hotel for Family and 5 star Aunt

jbethke

Earning My Ears
I will be heading to Disney for one night November 30th for the MVMCP with my sister and her family, plus my parents.

I am very used to staying in the 4-5 star hotels, I love to be pampered. But I am going to be with my sister and her two children ages 4 and 7.

So can anyone recommend a great place for the kids, good pool with slides and stuff, plus the 4-5 star pampared rating that this aunt is used to. We want to be close to Disney, but do not necessarily have to stay in a Disney hotel.

Any suggestions?

:jester: :jester: :jester:

My top picks are onsite, since there are young children I would say this is almost a must!
First choice.....is.....Grand Floridian, even with children this is a great resort
Second....Poly....its a lot of fun for the young children
Third....Animal Kingdom Lodge......Love the resort, not thrilled with transportation from here however.

Good luck
Aimee

Money not an issue? Stay at the GF. The best part is the quick trip on the monrail following the MVMCP. The pampering there should suit every age group, though we have not been blessed by staying there as yet.

jordan's mom

I am not so worried about price, but I bet my sister will be. What about the yacht/beach clubs, I hear the pool there is the best and we are looking for a place that will have things for the kids to do during the day before we head to MVMCP.

Y/B club has a wonderful pool area, as does BW. I've also heard good things about the pool at the Swan/Dolphin.

Another option would be the Marriott World Center. Very nice pools as well.

I tend to stick with Disney and Marriott - can't beat their attention to detail and customer service.

If it's only for one night, you're not going to spend that much time in the room, so why not check out a moderate resort. My DH stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort this summer and said it was "very nice." We're DVC members so we usually stay at either BWV, or OKW so we're used to the "pampered" stays as well.

Better get something booked quickly. That's a prime time at WDW. Some of the hotels require multiple night stays.

Thanks, I will check out some of the moderates and even some of the resorts off site, though I would prefer an onsite hotel.

I vote for Boardwalk. Lots of activity at night that all ages in your group would enjoy. Great water slide and Community Hall with activities/games for the kids during the day. Plus, your folks can walk around the lake, take a boat ride around the lake or just sit on the porch and people watch. And you can rent a family size surrey bike. Have fun!

Boardwalk is nice, so are Yacht and Beach. However, if I was going for one night for MVMCP I would pick the Wilderness Lodge. It has boat transportation to/from MK and a great pool area, is beautifully decorated and has great restaurants.

I'm also a four or five star person. I'd suggest the Polynesian. The service is much etter than the GF, and the prices are lower.

The Y&B Clubs are also excellent properies. The BC is much more child friendly than the YC IMHO, but they are not as convenient to the MK as the Polynesian.

If you can swing it, concierge service at the Polynesian is exactly what you are looking for.

Anne

What about the Wilderness Lodge? We are booked there for that time and will be attending MVMCP that night for my son's 6th b-day. The standard room is only $199- your sister might agree to that! It's just a boat ride to the MK! Good luck!

I'm a 5-star person and we loved staying at the Dolphin. It is more of a "grown-up" hotel, but the pool is great for the kids. Will it be too cold to swim??:eek:

The Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Swan/Dolphin are all Epcot resorts. That way you don't have to spend lots of time on the busses. You can walk or take a short boat ride to both parks. The Boardwalk is so close to the Swan/Dolphin you can just walk.

The Dolphin also has some good prices. You can check with Dreams Unlimited or other places online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter