• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney After Hours Q&A and Experiences Thread

login to your Disney account and go to the ticket section in My Plans and click on link tickets and copy and the confirmation number in there.

login to your Disney account and go to the ticket section in My Plans and click on link tickets and copy and the confirmation number in there.
Already did that and selected who is using the tickets. It's after that they are nowhere to be found.

When you go to these after hours events what do you have to show to get in? Is it an actual ticket or do they just scan our AP? I guess that's the bigger question.

I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this (Mods, should I instead try the Strategies section?)

Our first After Hours will be Wed, May 29th, at Hollywood Studios. My teen son and I have been to HS once in 2022 and once in 2023 and have hit many of the big items, savored Galaxy's Edge mainly. This trip my DH (not a Disney fan) will join us so we can show him "how amazing Disney is"!!!

My son and I arrive earlier in the week and DH arrives around 12:30pm to the resort that day. First order of business will be lunch for him after traveling all morning - probably just get something at our resort, CBR. I understand we can enter HS at 7 pm with our AH ticket.

I am sure 7 pm to 12:30 am (or is it 1 am??) is plenty of time for us to enjoy HS with him. I have park tickets purchased to head to a part that day and I had planned to go into HS prior to 7 pm. He's not a crowd or line fan whatsoever, so I was thinking of avoiding the 7pm line up outside to get wrist bands. So, here is my plan / thoughts. I am 100% tailoring this to low waits and his adult interests (no Frozen sing along please!). This plan enters the park with a park ticket prior to 7 but doesn't use any G+ (I know I'm using a whole park day ticket for about 4 hours of park but those are the tickets that we purchased). It also does not have Fantasmic in here. I would really like to see that but not sure the rest of the family cares too much.

Curious what others think?

3:30 pm - Skyliner to HS
Maybe see Green Army Drum Corp at 4?
4:30 - Indiana Jones show
5 - 6 pm: Star Tours (should be little to no wait I hope!)
Baseline Tap House for one beer
Enter Galaxy's Edge via Grand Avenue - the big reveal!
Walk around and just see GE; my son will use Datapad for interactive stuff; maybe do the Bounty Hunter stuff with MB+.
Dinner at Docking Bay 7.
Oga's around 8 pm - hoping to leave Oga's into a nighttime Galaxy's Edge!
By 8-9 pm, standard crowds will hopefully start to filter out. Maybe go watch the animation show on the Chinese Theater?
Start hitting rides with the low AH crowds: MMRR, Toy Story rides (Slinky and likely TSM a couple times so we can compete!); RoR and Smuggler's Run. ToT on our way out of the park.
Sadly, I am assuming RoRC will still be down at that time - a big bummer for us.

I got mine for HS for August. They were having so much trouble that the cast member transferred me to ticketing help desk. Boy was she a candidate for charm school, she actually snapped that the tickets haven't dropped for August YET. I pointed out that I was in the process of purchasing them but the previous cast member ran into problems and transferred me to her. What I got in response was "fine, I guess they dropped".

Ugh, it's not often I get attitude like this, I called very early and didn't have to wait, but nope, not cool.

Can we not buy them online? I don't have the time nor the inclination to call/wait on the phone with Disney.
You can't order online during the resort guests only sale. Next week, when they go on sale for everyone, you can buy them online.

Just finished tonight’s AH event at HS. Waiting for bus to go home.
Great event. I went in at 7:00 and had a HBD reservation. Finished that around 8. Ended up starting to hit rides around 8:15. Did MNMRR and ST while park was still open with minimal waits. Decided at 8:57 to jump in RotR line. Posted 45 min wait and it took 18 minutes and I was off the ride at 9:35, and we were in official AH!
Overall in my 4.5 hrs of ride time, I rode every ride once, and rode SDD, TSMM, MNMRR and ToT twice!

There were tons of snack stands in Toy Story Land. Not sure where others were as they were light on Sunset and Hollywood Blvd.

I saw Jiminy and Stitch but didn’t wait for them. I’m sure there were more but I focused my time in back of park.

Totally worth it for me. It’s been a busy week here and have seen crazy times for lines. I was able to do the park almost two times over in those extra 3 hrs!

Last edited:
Just finished tonight’s AH event at HS. Waiting for bus to go home.
Great event. I went in at 7:00 and had a HBD reservation. Finished that around 8. Ended up starting to hit rides around 8:15. Did MNMRR and ST while park was still open with minimal waits. Decided at 8:57 to jump in RotR line. Posted 45 min wait and it took 18 minutes and I was off the ride at 9:35, and we were in official AH!
Overall in my 4.5 hrs of ride time, I rode every ride once, and rode SDD, TSMM, MNMRR and ToT twice!

There were tons of snack stands in Toy Story Land. Not sure where others were as they were light on Sunset and Hollywood Blvd.

I saw Jiminy and Stitch but didn’t wait for them. I’m sure there were more but I focused my time in back of park.

Totally worth it for me. It’s been a busy week here and have seen crazy times for lines. I was able to do the park almost two times over in those extra 3 hrs!
Thank you so much for the review. It sounds like you had a blast! I have been curious how these are going, I would also love to see a recent review of EPCOT.

Thank you so much for the review. It sounds like you had a blast! I have been curious how these are going, I would also love to see a recent review of EPCOT.
First After Hours event at Epcot isn’t until 2/1. I wouldn’t mind seeing a review of an After Hours event at Epcot from last year.

Isn't Epcot 2/2? MK is 2/1.
Oops you’re right! Sorry🤦🏻‍♀️
im actually going to both but I did attend a MK AH this time last year and while it was a bit cold to be eating ice cream how can you say “No“ to a Mickey Bar😉. I’ve never done an Epcot AH and I’m trying to figure a good strategy and wondering if it will be difficult to get an Uber at end of night to an offsite hotel….

I wanted to be sure I wasn't confusing my dates. I'll be at the MK AH on 2/1. It will be a little chilly but I've got layers, a hat and lightweight gloves, if needed.

So I am *dumb* and when calculating the tickets I did 165 x 2 and not x 4, because 2 tickets per person, per event (two events during our 4 days honeymoon. Yes I know we don't have to do both. BUT our plan was to go in the morning, leave midday and come back at night and if we skew towards later night (and do the event) it leaves room to do a nicer dinner and lower crowds less wait/less stress AKA a happier husband. I was waiting on somewhere to splurge (a tour/a cruise) plus I remembered I have my redemption card on top of the Target gc I just bought to use for the AH tickets and that clinched it. I also finally had time to sit down and call this morning. I figure I can also deduct the cost of 2 days x 2 people of genie plus from the cost of 2 days of AH PLUS the time/effort because I'm not going to bother with it.

Anyone know if/where you can get the AH bracelets inside the park at EPCOT (as in I will already be in the park with a day ticket). I was only reading reports from the first day of the event last year which did not seem to go well and procedures may have changed since then.

I'll be at the second one this year on 2/8

Anyone know if/where you can get the AH bracelets inside the park at EPCOT (as in I will already be in the park with a day ticket). I was only reading reports from the first day of the event last year which did not seem to go well and procedures may have changed since then.

I believe one place will be at the International Gateway entrance. I believe you will also be able to get them from the Guest Services teams located at the 'blue umbrellas' located throughout the parks. Possibly someone with experience can confirm/deny that?

When we did it last year, we had to exit the park to get them (we were there earlier on other tickets). It was a little frustrating, as we had been nowhere close to either entrance. We were also at the first one that has scared me off from ever doing one at Epcot. We did one at MK that was wonderful, and hoping to do one at DHS this year.

When we did it last year, we had to exit the park to get them (we were there earlier on other tickets). It was a little frustrating, as we had been nowhere close to either entrance. We were also at the first one that has scared me off from ever doing one at Epcot. We did one at MK that was wonderful, and hoping to do one at DHS this year.
Yes I thought I read that about the first event last year and was thinking it may have changed afterwards. If the blue umbrella GS CMs have them that would be great. Would hate to have to leave the park and possibly wait in a line to get back in. I'll be asking after the first event next friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter