Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

Okay I've read a ton here and elsewhere but still aren't sure about this :)

We have over a dozen old bands- last trip was four years ago and our first bands were given to us as "testers" when this whole thing started....so they are old.

One person doesn't have any bands and will need one.
We are ok to update ours but do NOT want something that plugs in and has bells and whistles. But we need it for charging and entering the parks, I don't bring a phone everywhere ( waterparks, pools, some park days).

Where can I get these before our trip?

TIA, I really don't want to spend $120 on bands!
Unfortunately the older styles of MBs are harder and harder to find. Are you staying onsite? If so, Are there any available to be ordered using MDE?

The extra person does not need a MB if you don’t want to purchase a MB+ for them. You can request a plastic card the first time you enter a park and they can use that.

Yes we are staying onsite. I'd like both teens to have bands, and not have to worry about and take out a card every time they eat, which is constantly lol.
From what I could see on MDE they were all MB+, but I will take a closer look. Thanks

I don't bring a phone everywhere ( waterparks, pools, some park days).
I get the waterparks, but if you don't have a phone with you you won't be able to set up any LL, or mobile order or communicate with your teens if not with you. I generally keep mine in a spi belt on my waist, just get out when necessary or want to take a pic.

I'm with you on not wanting anything else to charge. But I do want my ride photos!
If more don't show up on shop Disney pre trip, I'm going to hopefully get one in my Resort giftshop. Have seen some on Amazon, but there are marked up higher. Ebay seems to have some sellers with good reps selling reasonable, but I'm still iffy about buying there.

Yes I will have a phone most of the time, but we are walking distance to a park and have a few days when we might just go for a couple of hours and eat or do whatever rides we've already booked, so I'm hoping I can just have a band. I dream of some hands free time!

Yes we are staying onsite. I'd like both teens to have bands, and not have to worry about and take out a card every time they eat, which is constantly lol.
From what I could see on MDE they were all MB+, but I will take a closer look. Thanks
It can be done but you will miss out on some things without a phone. I want mine for the camera if nothing else.

You may find a couple of regular MBs but I’m not sure how prevelamt they are in the parks any longer.

I'm already discouraged at how much a phone is needed for a WDW trip now. I am making a conscious effort to NOT use my phone. I think it's a given for most people that you need it at all times. Maybe I'm wrong, but if we have some rides set up ( or not) and can use a band to pay for whatever, I think we will be okay for a few hours. Not all day, though. I'll miss a photo op, but know I'll pay more attention to what's happening around me and the people I'm with. Like the old days!

Could someone confirm that we could get the solid colored ( cheap) MB2 at the airport? Is there a different forum to find out?
Thank you

Could someone confirm that we could get the solid colored ( cheap) MB2 at the airport? Is there a different forum to find out?
Thank you
Inventory changes daily, I don’t think anyone can guarantee what you’re asking. You’re asking someone to promise you will be able to find an older, less expensive Magicband 2 that they may no longer even be making. There are 3 MB2 options on shop Disney right now. If that’s the only kind of MB you want I would order one of those.

Thanks- not asking for a guarantee at all, what I meant was that they are still making and selling them in retail stores as I've read. I know there could be low/no inventory in the store- and we may have to buy the plus when we are there if that's the case.
Sorry for the confusion, I've read that they are still making them, aren't still, or may not be...and thought someone here who is more knowledgeable might be able to clarify.
Thanks for your response and help!

Just wondering if anyone else that had gotten the white Tinkerbell MB+ had problems with discoloration. We were there in September and just booked for this September so I went to take it from its box and it is a horrific color now....a bit like spicy brown mustard! I'm pretty bummed about that and wondered if this was a fluke or if all the white ones become discolored.

Just wondering if anyone else that had gotten the white Tinkerbell MB+ had problems with discoloration. We were there in September and just booked for this September so I went to take it from its box and it is a horrific color now....a bit like spicy brown mustard! I'm pretty bummed about that and wondered if this was a fluke or if all the white ones become discolored.
I’m not sure if others are having this problem but you may wish to see once you arrive if they will replace/allow you to select another one? Discolouration should not happen that quickly.

I’m not sure if others are having this problem but you may wish to see once you arrive if they will replace/allow you to select another one? Discolouration should not happen that quickly.
I may give that a try. I do have a regular pink one from about 7 years ago that still looks almost new so the discoloration on one that is only 7 months old was definitely a surprise!

Has anyone seen customizable MB+ at the D tech locations? Wondering if there Is any option similar to phone cases.

Update- for some reason there were a lot of MB+ choices today when I checked, so we got them. While I didn't want to pay $138 for them :(
its great to get that settled and taken off the to do list, and everyone got something they liked!
Thank you for the help!

I now think they are, in fact, discontinuing the MB2s. I got one of their "Get ready for your trip!" emails, and they said a lot of "Your MB+ can do this!" and "Your MB+ can do that!". No mention about using "regular" magic bands.

As I said upthread, it is not even primarily about the increased cost. The thought of having to plug in yet another device is abhorrent to me.

YES!
We will have 4 phones, 4 power banks for the phones, 4 magic bands, a waterproof camera, 2 iPads, and obviously some sort of power strip which is annoying as we are only using carry-ons. And whatever else I'm forgetting....
Luckily boys have outgrown wanting to bring a DS and just stay glued to their phones :)

So I just want to make sure I understand. I'd rather not get MB+ unless I have to. I have magic bands from 2021. I can still use them to open my door, get into the parks, charge to my room and tap into Lightning Lane, correct? What's the expected lifespan for using them for only those purposes?

So I just want to make sure I understand. I'd rather not get MB+ unless I have to. I have magic bands from 2021. I can still use them to open my door, get into the parks, charge to my room and tap into Lightning Lane, correct? What's the expected lifespan for using them for only those purposes?
You'll be just fine with MBs from 2021. They should work for most/all functionality. As they get older, the things that will stop working are things like ride photos although turning Bluetooth on your phone will capture the photos for you.

New choices for bands were available this morning! They had the 2.0 Magic Bands in a few plain colours for $9.99, a couple sparkly bands for $14.99 and a Mickey and Cinderella's Castle for $14.99.

New choices for bands were available this morning! They had the 2.0 Magic Bands in a few plain colours for $9.99, a couple sparkly bands for $14.99 and a Mickey and Cinderella's Castle for $14.99.
I want to jump on these being available as we don't need the MB+, however our trip is in August. Will they ship when I buy them, or will Disney not send them until before our trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter