Disney’s Magic Band FAQ Link

In MDE, I see many MBs linked to my wife and I. But, I don't see any linked to my 2 adult sons. I see both of them in "My Family and Friends" section. But they don't show up in the MB section. I have their old MBs. If I link one (enter the ID number) will it automatically link to the correct person?
Do your sons have their own MDE accounts, or are they "managed" by someone other than you? Only the MDE account that "manages" their profile (their own or that of the person who "manages" them) will be able to see their MBs, even if they're listed in your Family & Friends list.

If you're not sure, you can try linking the MBs you have to their names in the Magic Bands & Cards section of MDE - if a MB is already linked to someone via a different MDE account, you'll get a pop-up error message telling you it's already linked.

If you manage both of their profiles and can't link the MBs you have, you might want to call the Disney technical folks at 407-939-5277. They've been very helpful to me in the past!

Do you think the cost is worth it to upgrade to MB+ for an adult solo trip? I'm just not sure I'm going to be playing around in galaxy's edge with all the interactive stuff. Are there any benefits for my purposes?

Do you think the cost is worth it to upgrade to MB+ for an adult solo trip? I'm just not sure I'm going to be playing around in galaxy's edge with all the interactive stuff. Are there any benefits for my purposes?
If you use an android phone beware that the MB+ isn't currently connecting to android devices properly so the interactive stuff isn't working. So basically it's currently a more expensive MB without the funtionally you are paying for.

I just ordered a Magic Band+ to Suprise my daughter for her birthday trip. I just found out she has the same one that I ordered for her. I called Disney and they said I could not cancell or change the band. Any suggestions? She doesn't want two of the same. Thank you

I just ordered a Magic Band+ to Suprise my daughter for her birthday trip. I just found out she has the same one that I ordered for her. I called Disney and they said I could not cancell or change the band. Any suggestions? She doesn't want two of the same. Thank you

Did you purchase it on shop Disney? Or pre-arrival? If shop Disney it won’t be linked to her and you could sell it to someone or give it to someone. If a pre arrival band I don’t think you can do that but I am not sure since you link it on the app during activation. It would have her name on it though.

I bought MB+ for everyone in our group and now I am scared. Obviously I did not do any research. OOPS! I have 3 people who I manage and they are not likely going to create their own account. Once I link them will their bands still work or do they need to have a phone and a MDE account? Also my daughter has an android. Can I link her band through my Iphone, so it works for the important stuff? All I care about is room entry, photopass, park entry, G+ entry. If the extras don't work no big deal. We aren't going until December, so I am hoping they get the kinks worked out prior to our trip.

I bought MB+ for everyone in our group and now I am scared. Obviously I did not do any research. OOPS! I have 3 people who I manage and they are not likely going to create their own account. Once I link them will their bands still work or do they need to have a phone and a MDE account? Also my daughter has an android. Can I link her band through my Iphone, so it works for the important stuff? All I care about is room entry, photopass, park entry, G+ entry. If the extras don't work no big deal. We aren't going until December, so I am hoping they get the kinks worked out prior to our trip.
All the things you care about will work when the MBs are linked to their profiles in your MDE. The other things have to do with playing games and other extras.

I bought our MB+ for pre-arrival discount on Wednesday when they were released. Order status still says "in progress" on MDE and we are supposed to check in on August 3rd. Should I be worried? What happens if they don't make it to our resort in time? 😥

Can you still purchase the original Magic bands? Want to get one for my daughter for the parks (we will use our apple watches), and the MB+ features are of no interest to me.

Curious about others’ recent experiences with how long MBs are taking to ship to home. Anyone ordered a MB+ and had it already ship?

I'm just curious about how long the battery holds it's charge. It's bad enough having to have USB chargers all over the room to recharge phones at night... I'm not looking to double that hill with MagicBand+ chargers all over the place.

I have not seen anyone who ordered as a pre-arrival (with name put on it) magic band + having it shipped yet. People who ordered direct from shop disney have received them already.
Anyone know a number we can call about this? We leave next week. Thanks.

I have not seen anyone who ordered as a pre-arrival (with name put on it) magic band + having it shipped yet. People who ordered direct from shop disney have received them already.
DH ordered the Partners MB+ on the afternoon of 7/27 via MDE for our January resort reservation, so with his name on it. We received email that it had been shipped early on the morning of this past Sunday, 8/7.

DH ordered the Partners MB+ on the afternoon of 7/27 via MDE for our January resort reservation, so with his name on it. We received email that it had been shipped early on the morning of this past Sunday, 8/7.
I posted that comment before then on 8/3

Thanks for the heads up. Just checked and mine is still in process. I hope it ships in the next day or so.

I ordered the Pride MB+ just before 2 am eastern on 7/27 for our Aug 31 resort reservation and they still say "In Progress".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter