• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISer chapter of NKOTB anonymous...join the party *ahem* intervention!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to put this out there. While I know I made the right decision about not going on this cruise...it's going to take me awhile to get over it. Just knowing that I could have gone bugs me.

All but like 11 rooms categories are sold out. :eek: I thought we were in a recession??? :confused3

cruiser - high school sweethearts, that's cute!!

I'm cranky now.
19.gif

Yes, but I actually KNOW someone that's going which means I'm going to hear ALL about it. :mad:

Awwww, Karen, that is so sweet!:lovestruc

I am kind of bummed, too. Although I know it is going to be chaos, I wouldn't mind experiencing that chaos!

Yes, but I actually KNOW someone that's going which means I'm going to hear ALL about it. :mad:

But think of it this way.......hopefully all of those insane fans that are dropping thousands of dollars to spend 3 days on the cruise won't have the money to go 5* if tickets go on sale on Friday. That means more 5* for us normal fans........right?

Funny I went over to the nkotb boards earlier and found a blog called "anyone having buyers remorse". A bunch of people saying I can't believe I just spent that much on a cruise. Saying that they made spur of the moment decisions without being able to think it through.

All but like 11 rooms categories are sold out. :eek: I thought we were in a recession??? :confused3

QUOTE]

I just can not get over the fact that it is almost completely sold out.

Tour dates on Friday? That is my 10 year anniversary to my high school sweetheart. (we dated off and on throughout high school- then got married 4 years later)

I still dont want the concert tickets to go on SALE until the end of the month .. then I will have all my money saved. But Dates are just fine. LOL

Shelby - I think you may find out from your friend that the cruise wasn't all THAT great. That is, if she isn't one to embellish stories. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Yeah, it kind of bugs me too, until I think about all that $$ and that they will be releasing more concert dates soon. You know that cruise is going to be a complete madhouse with crazy, immature drunk girls acting stupid. I would much rather get the 5* VIP for a concert and see it in the first 10 rows and do a meet & greet. And that's also a lot cheaper! If you think about it, the only time you get to spend with the guys on the cruise is for a concert (which you know won't be on the same grand scale as their normal concert), a meet and greet (same you would get with 5* VIP), a Q&A (for which you know seating will be limited and girls will probably camp out a whole night before) and a deck party (which will be packed and crazy...I would be afraid of being trampled). Notice that the itenerary just says "NKOTB Welcome Cocktail Party" and doesn't say that the guys will be there. SO...when you break it down, you're paying all that extra $ for a Q&A session and a deck party with them, oh and the cruise. Like I said, I would rather go to a concert for a lot less $. And if I want to go on a cruise (which I always do!), I want to go on a nice relaxing one that I can enjoy with my DH. I do not see this cruise being relaxing, even though it may be fun.

Yes, I'm trying to make myself feel better about choosing not to go, but I do believe everything I said. I hope my thoughts make you guys feel a little better too :hug: Just hang in there 'til Friday! We will all probably be making plans to get 5* VIP by then and will be glad we didn't waste so much money! :goodvibes

Funny I went over to the nkotb boards earlier and found a blog called "anyone having buyers remorse". A bunch of people saying I can't believe I just spent that much on a cruise. Saying that they made spur of the moment decisions without being able to think it through.

I think that was precisely the plan when they released the info the day before they put tickets on sale! :idea:

Thanks ladies. That was like a virtual slap to get myself together!! :lmao: I appreciate it.

You know, the person I know that's going went to at least 4 concerts, did 5 star every time and even flew out of state to go to 2 of them. Not thinking money is an issue for them. :laughing:

Anyway, you're right. I'm making myself feel better by planning to do something very fun when they do tour again. If they come to AC again we're going to stay over. If they don't come to AC then we'll go to Philly or wherever is closest. But we'll be able to do 5 star (if they do that) and have a fabulous time!!!

They really do cause a lot of craziness, don't they??

Can I join in? I just found this!!

I was just born when they were at their peak, so my 13-year-old sister was a huge fan. As a little girl she taught me the songs and everything, and I know we have some of the vintage stuff squirreled away. I had wanted to see them in Philly, but had no one to go with :sad1:. I liked them even more when Joey & Jordan did their solo stuff during my tween years..oohh that Jordan! But..*ahem*..It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there!!

Hey Barbie!! You should come see them in AC next time. (if they come back) It's so small there and everyone is up close, not a bad seat in the place!! If you don't have anyone to go with, no big deal. A lot of people went by themselves OR you could always meet up with us! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! I think it's very funny I found this thread while loading more NKOTB songs onto my iPod for my run tonight! It was meant to be (like me and Jordan...hey..I can still dream, right?!).

Hey guys! I can't believe how the cruise is just about sold out. Yikes!

I didn't even know about the 5* when they were in Minneapolis but I'm soooooo all over that this time around :)

I'm baffled the cruise is almost sold out already:confused3 I guess some girls will do anything for time with NKOTB. I'm thinking 5* this time is going to be a lot harder to get.

That's what I'm worried about!! I REALLY want to be able to do 5 Star. Last time we had regular general admission tickets and then we did 4 Star. This time I just HAVE to do 5 Star!!!

Although, the last concert we were in the front row and I'm sure that won't happen again. But I don't care, I just want to get some HUGS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter